Could you make an argument chimbelba was robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

he won 4 rounds......

maximum 5

but he got 4 rounds out of kovalov........

Comment

Robbed against Alvarez and Bellew, yes. Against Kovalev? nope.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
        I'm about to rematch the fight but clean work was all coming from Isaac and kovalev looked overwhelmed by the sickness

I'll post my score
        You serious, Earl?

Comment

God damn it I missed this fight but if it was competitive it wouldn't surprise me Chilemba is a very good fighter who could be still undefeated.
          He's a very tricky fighter who hasn't got the credit he deserves because he has been on the wrong end of a few hometown decisions.

He may well be the #3 guy around 168/175 behind Ward & Kovalev.

Nothing but respect for Kovalev who the **** takes on a fighter like Isaac Chilemba as a tune up?

Comment

I gave Chilemba 4 rounds and would accept giving him another 1 (maybe 2) if someone really felt passionate about that. I didn't have him winning at all, but he did make Kovalev look the worst I've seen him. Goes back to what I've always said about people hyping Pasqual and an elderly Hopkins as top comp when they're not.

Comment

chimbelba

Comment

It's a 12 round fight

And so far I'm round 7 and have given chimbelba 4 rounds on effective sickness

Maybe 5

you can be as biased as you want, even blind...

I thought Kovalev won.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  chimbelba
                  Someone else made a thread recently where they made a similar blunder. Beer commented on it just like you did.

Comment

I'm about to rematch the fight but clean work was all coming from Isaac and kovalev looked overwhelmed by the sickness

I'll post my score
                    I streamed it this morning, not horrible quality but not HD either. I thought Chilemba took it, and felt he was robbed.

Comment

just watched and didn't score but got the impression Chilemba may of just shaded 3 rounds. No robbery it clearly wasn't particularly that close either.
                      Kovalev did much better when he started feinting and drawing the leads, he is a very good counterpuncher. Scary how much power he generates when his feet aren't planted and he is moving away. In theory you shouldn't be able to generate that sort of power.
                      He is a little bit crude I see his feet coming off the floor at times yet somehow he still can **** your world up. That is true power.

Chilemba looked very thick around the neck, traps & shoulder region. He looked big in there.
                      I think its just a case that Chilemba is underrated he is a very crafty, subtle fighter. Fans should never of expected him to get ploughed, nobody has an easy night with him & in truth with fair judging he'd beat a lot of top LHWs.

I think its a legit 50/50 and it shows with how we're going a bit back and fourth on it. Maybe more will start leaning back towards Kovalev after Ward vs Brand. I pray Ward comes through unscathed.

Only fight I'm really looking forward too. Absolute nonsense too those that think either guy wins that easily. Right now I lean towards Kovalev.
                      Ward has too show me more than he did vs Barrera you ain't beating this guy on your jab alone, period.
                      Kovalev also has a very good jab himself.

Comment

Working...
                      X