Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could you make an argument chimbelba was robbed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

They were even after round 6. Kovalev won 7 and 8 but 9,10,11 go to Chilemba with 1 going to Kovalev. Kovalev won but not the landslide they gave him, he was eating that jab all night?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
      Nothing but respect for Kovalev who the **** takes on a fighter like Isaac Chilemba as a tune up?
      Exactly... this was not a tune up fight against a nobody.... this was an opponent that Kovalev HATES to fight... and took the tougher fight to prepare against Ward.

Ward on the other hand....

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
        They were even after round 6. Kovalev won 7 and 8 but 9,10,11 go to Chilemba with 1 going to Kovalev. Kovalev won but not the landslide they gave him, he was eating that jab all night?
        Take off your rose colored glasses, and just look at the punches thrown, both quality and quantity.

with your view... I could say Barrera beat Ward. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by MaksBox View Post
          Take off your rose colored glasses, and just look at the punches thrown, both quality and quantity.

with your view... I could say Barrera beat Ward. lol.

If you call hitting gloves, missing and getting countered is winning then suit yourself

Comment

Boxing scene top headlines reads Kovalev drops and dominates Chimbeiba. Does that sound like a robbery to you? The answer to your question is no. There is no argument to be made that Chimbelba was robbed. He clearly got his ass kicked and lost the fight without a doubt.

Comment

Originally posted by The Akbar One View Post
              I streamed it this morning, not horrible quality but not HD either. I thought Chilemba took it, and felt he was robbed.
              I agree man

I had it 115-113 chimbelba

Kovalev looked all at sea and the crowd was cheering shots that didn't even land

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Tom View Post
                If you call hitting gloves, missing and getting countered is winning then suit yourself
                Verus getting knocked down once, and saved by the bell twice more?

Chillemba was able to get 1 good punch in all night.

The only thing Kovalev did not do is Knock Out a guy who has NEVER been knocked out before.

Comment

Originally posted by Tyrone Biggums! View Post
                  I agree man

I had it 115-113 chimbelba

Kovalev looked all at sea and the crowd was cheering shots that didn't even land
                  HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHA

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                    God damn it I missed this fight but if it was competitive it wouldn't surprise me Chilemba is a very good fighter who could be still undefeated.
                    He's a very tricky fighter who hasn't got the credit he deserves because he has been on the wrong end of a few hometown decisions.

He may well be the #3 guy around 168/175 behind Ward & Kovalev.

Nothing but respect for Kovalev who the **** takes on a fighter like Isaac Chilemba as a tune up?
                    Chilemba has been robbed twice imo and he is a very talented dude. He'd batter Ward all over the ring.

Comment

I've rewatched it on the HBO replay. I had it 7-5 114-113 Chilemba, or 6-6 114-113 Kovalev. Not the robbery I saw on the lower quality feed this morning. Two of the official scores were bad in my opinion. No way in hell you could get scores that wide unless the fix was in. Nobody calls for an investigation though when the shafted party is from Malawi.

Lampley, Lederman, and CompuBox were also atrocious.

Comment

Working...
                      X