No announcement yet.

Would Hopkins get the same heat..

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
    I know how it is. I was in the military too. Fort Stewart/Hinesville to be exact. It's a different mentality from others. Did the same thing with protecting against other races. It's not the same at all compared to heavy civilian areas. It's not bullshit at all. Some people pick and choose what they want to affect them. I've lived the civilian and military life to know.
    Once I left the comfy confines of my side of town, went off to college, military, became a father, I experienced some crazy things. I dont know about you but I didnt choose any of the things i've endured.

Comment

WOW this took off!

Comment

Originally posted by icha View Post
        did any of those had to move up 2 weightclasses in 2 months???
        Well actually its six. considering his last fight was in may at 147 & he's fighting GGG Sept. Plenty of time to adapt to 13lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
          Trinidad and ODLH are hall of famers and arguably all time greats...Also they gradual moved up...while brook is literally jumping up in weight....ODLH, Mayorga, Forrest, Tito actually won titles at 147 and 154

Brook hasnt done much at 147 let alone 154..bwahahahahaha

Brook is a trinket holder with a thin resume...their is levels to this son

you really dont know ***** about boxing outside of damage control for GGG

pathetic
          Vernon Forrest was a WW in Bhops time up until 05. Mosley was for most of it too. Hence why I asked the question! I asked would he get heat for fighting some of the top WW's of his time had they moved up to MW? Can't you read? I was speaking hypothetically & not about what Mosley did at LMW.. Hopkins v a prime WW Mosley moving up? Do you think he'd get slated? Sunshine bus for realpugilist please..

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
            vernon forrest was a ww in bhops time up until 05. Mosley was for most of it too. Hence why i asked the question! I asked would he get heat for fighting some of the top ww's of his time had they moved up to mw? Can't you read? I was speaking hypothetically & not about what mosley did at lmw.. Hopkins v a prime ww mosley moving up? Do you think he'd get slated? Sunshine bus for realpugilist please..
            keep the elementary school level insults to yourself...you really illustate you literally dont know much about boxing as a whole and is just a fan boy

its ok to like a fighter but your posts defy logic and common sense

brook is a ww who has 1 win over a ranked guy and is fighting a guy 13 pounds up

thats a mismatch

if you actually followed boxing back then you know hopkins was getting grilled for staying at 160 so long when it was a dead division.....he got crapped on for fighting trinidad instead of roy jones and was criticized for taking calculated risks.

like i said...you dont know ***** about boxing if it isnt your husband involved

Comment

Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
              keep the elementary school level insults to yourself...you really illustate you literally dont know much about boxing as a whole and is just a fan boy

its ok to like a fighter but your posts defy logic and common sense

brook is a ww who has 1 win over a ranked guy and is fighting a guy 13 pounds up

thats a mismatch

if you actually followed boxing back then you know hopkins was getting grilled for staying at 160 so long when it was a dead division.....he got crapped on for fighting trinidad instead of roy jones and was criticized for taking calculated risks.

like i said...you dont know ***** about boxing if it isnt your husband involved

Why can't you just answer a question? You did the same yesterday.. You peddled the 'GGG 3 titlists' thing around knowing that neither Bhop, Martinez, Hagler fought no more by that stage (fight wise) & got called out on it & today you are rallying to the Hopkins cause again when somebody dares to draw parallels. Are you seriously telling me had Hopkins fought Mosley or Forrest around 2002ish he would have been lambasted for not fighting the likes of Harry Simon, Robert Allen or Howard Eastman instead? I doubt it...

Comment

Originally posted by Sweet Jones View Post
                Kelly Pavlik, Antonio Tarver, Tavoris Cloud, and Jean Pascal all disagree with you.
                Kelly Pavlik is another classic case of picking on the "little" guy. Sorry, you're not a middleweight anymore after fighting at 175 for a decade. A record that big and all you can come up with is 3 names? Of those fights only the Pascal fight was "watchable".

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                  He went to 175 and beat the piss out of Tarver. He didn't get big until he fought the good WW in Tito and Oscar but he then moved up and fought the best. Hopkins is a legend
                  Really if Tarver is your claim to fame you're not a legend. Truth of the matter is a majority of his career was spent beating smaller fighters. Anyone his size with skill handed him his ass Tarver was an exception(a guy that made his name by beating one man, Roy Jones Jr.) Chad Dawson, Jermain Taylor, Roy Jones Jr ring any bells?

Comment

Originally posted by RealIzm View Post
                    Really if Tarver is your claim to fame you're not a legend. Truth of the matter is a majority of his career was spent beating smaller fighters. Anyone his size with skill handed him his ass Tarver was an exception(a guy that made his name by beating one man, Roy Jones Jr.) Chad Dawson, Jermain Taylor, Roy Jones Jr ring any bells?
                    Well I'm pretty sure I posted the same thing about him beating smaller guys earlier in this thread but honestly Hopkins fought everyone from 160-175 that was out there.

Both Taylor fights could have went either way, Calzaghe was close, Dawson had his number I agree. Pavlick he schooled, Tarver he killed, he beat a bunch of guys at 175... The guy is a legend but I guess you get more credit for beating washed up names then fighting a bunch of really good fighters in their prime and losing a few here and there nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Jsmooth9876 View Post
                      Well I'm pretty sure I posted the same thing about him beating smaller guys earlier in this thread but honestly Hopkins fought everyone from 160-175 that was out there.

Both Taylor fights could have went either way, Calzaghe was close, Dawson had his number I agree. Pavlick he schooled, Tarver he killed, he beat a bunch of guys at 175... The guy is a legend but I guess you get more credit for beating washed up names then fighting a bunch of really good fighters in their prime and losing a few here and there nowadays.
                      Robert Allen
                      Robert Allen
                      Robert Allen

He didn't beat a "Bunch" of guys at 175. He beat a few decent fighters but the best owned him at 160 and 175. You cannot deny that. You also can't deny 2 of his biggest wins as a middleweight were against welterweights(DLH, Tito).
                      So stop defending the guy. Makes you look beyond remedial. He's a joke that was never the elite of any division. His Middleweight reign made Joe Calzaghe's look daring by comparison.
                      Last edited by RealIzm; 07-16-2016, 08:32 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X