Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Kell Brook Much Bigger, Much Stronger Than Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't like this fight, but I guess this is better than sitting on the sidelines. Eubank priced himself out. BJS is not willing. Lara only talks... This fight is just the filler. I expect very laid-back GGG in the ring. He will not impose his size and strength, unless Brook will start outboxing him (which is unlikely). I think for the 5-6 rounds this will be a tactical boxing match... GGG will try to showcase his skills rather than his strength and big punch.

Comment

Originally posted by Lou Cipher View Post
      GGG is a true throwback champion. First he chases Andre coWard away to the Syberia of boxing, 175, now he takes on an extremely dangerous undefeated hungry World Champion with nothing to lose. Take notes all you F'n posers

Lou is a boxer, so he knows what hes talking about !

Comment

Ha ha, I actually start laughing when I hear Golovkin name recently, because I remember how he was saying stuff like "Canelo fighting Khan...dis is not respect for boxing...I understands his situation...dis is boxing, have to respect the division...give me dis belt". He's a funny guy though, pro boxing would be boring without Golovkin who's milking the **** out of this sport, taking easy fight for a good money and laughing at all of us like "dis mother****ers really think I'm the best thing in boxing"
        Last edited by g27region; 07-11-2016, 08:06 AM.

Comment

brook is a big welterwegiht, but the fight is still pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
            Ha ha, I actually start laughing when I hear Golovkin name recently, because I remember how he was saying stuff like "Canelo fighting Khan...dis is not respect for boxing...I understands his situation...dis is boxing, have to respect the division...give me dis belt". He's a funny guy though, pro boxing would be boring without Golovkin who's milking the **** out of this sport, taking easy fight for a good money and laughing at all of us

surely you see the difference between a guy who fights a WW by choice after ducking a middleweight and a guy who fights a WW after a MW ducks him, right?

agian, this doesnlt mean we have to like the brook fight, but we need to recognize that golovkin isn't "milking" anything. he acutally tried to get a prime middleweight named eubanks, whose father didn't even show him the contract. prior to that he wanted canelo. then cotto. then martinez. then sturm. list goes on, too, and doesn't have to be in order. jacobs. quillin. ndam. chavez. froch. these guys all turned the fight down.

you should get the point, hopefully.

Comment

Realistically we can thank Canelo, Jacobs, and Eubank for this fight happening. Canelo lied to us all and led us on for months, making us think there was going to be a fight, only to drop the belt and drop down a division. Hearing that the WBA was going to mandate a fight, Danny Jacobs made himself immediately unavailable. Then there's Mr Eubank Sr, who thought his son was Floyd and wanted total control over the fight, which is absurd and ridiculous. Time was against GGG to find an opponent for Sept 10, or have to wait months for an open HBO date.

I cant say Im thrilled about GGG-Brook, but many of you would complain whether it was Brook ir Jorge Heiland Golovkin fights next

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                ...thats all nice and dandy but a top ten guy at 154-168 wouldve been a lot better than a welterweight

complete mismatch

there is no way to dress up this crap fight

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                  surely you see the difference between a guy who fights a WW by choice after ducking a middleweight and a guy who fights a WW after a MW ducks him, right?

agian, this doesnlt mean we have to like the brook fight, but we need to recognize that golovkin isn't "milking" anything. he acutally tried to get a prime middleweight named eubanks, whose father didn't even show him the contract. prior to that he wanted canelo. then cotto. then martinez. then sturm. list goes on, too, and doesn't have to be in order. jacobs. quillin. ndam. chavez. froch. these guys all turned the fight down.

you should get the point, hopefully.

The same old story about fighters ducking Golovkin? What about Lara? The truth is, Golovkin isn't chasing legacy. If he was chasing legacy, he would try to make 154 after taking Canelo's belt, because this is the kind of fight that can silence all his haters, but he only cares about belts. As soon as people got tired of him manhandling some bums, he started fighting smaller guys. I've had a lot of respect for Golovkin back then, but I'm losing it with each fight, and it's getting harder to defend him. Golovkin's management is wasting his talent

Look, I'm not even saying that Golovkin is the one who's choosing all these bums, cab drivers and bartenders to fight, maybe it's his team who's overprotective of their cash cow. But it's getting ridiculous

It doesn't matter who's ducking who, my point is how you can criticize some other boxer for fighting smaller guys when you're doing the same thing, like you don't know that people will label it as hypocrisy? If Golovkin didn't criticize Canelo for the same thing he's doing now, I wouldn't say a word against him
                  Last edited by g27region; 07-11-2016, 08:28 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by g27region View Post
                    The same old story about fighters ducking Golovkin? What about Lara? The truth is, Golovkin isn't chasing legacy (if he was chasing legacy, he would try to make 154 after taking Canelo's belt, because this is the kind of fight that can silence all his haters, but he only cares about belts) and everybody got tired of hearing how everybody is scared of him. As soon as people got tired of him manhandling bums, he started fighting smaller guys. I've had a lot of respect for Golovkin back then, but I'm losing it with each fight, and it's getting harder to defend him. Golovkin's management is wasting his talent

Look, I'm not even saying that Golovkin is the one who's choosing all these bums, cab drivers and bartenders to fight, maybe it's his team who's overprotective of their cash cow. But it's getting ridiculous

It doesn't matter who's ducking who, my point is how you can criticize some other boxer for fighting smaller guys when you're doing the same thing, like you don't know that people will label it as hypocrisy? If Golovkin didn't criticize Canelo for the same thing he's doing now, I wouldn't say a word against him

lara's people have never once contacted golovkin's people to start negotiations. go look for the interviews from either team, and find out for yourself. if the guy's team really wanted the fight his people would ask for it in a phone call to golovkin's management, not on twitter . you can also, IDK, fight at middleweight if you want to fight the MW champion? call me old fashioned

lara's an ok fight. better than free willy, or kelly brook. but don't blame golovkin for the fight not happening when the guy A: fights at JMW and won't fight at MW, and B: his people don't want the fight.

how is "golovkin's team overprotective of its cash cow" when they've tried to get every big fighter from MW of the last 5 years to fight? how is the most ducked fighter in boxing protected?

you need to stop letting people with an agenda steer you in the wrong direction.
                    Last edited by New England; 07-11-2016, 08:33 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSnatcher View Post

Biggest hypocrite ever.
                      ^^^^^^^^^lol

Comment

Working...
                      X