Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Golovkin: Kell Brook Much Bigger, Much Stronger Than Amir Khan

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
    with that kind of stupid logic you could discredit most boxers resumes

fact it khan stepped in the ring decent level comp and they were skilled enough to beat him...and he got beat by a few

brook avoided many fighters, he had many opportunists to show us what he could do, but he bottled it

case closed, no excuses...it is what is it. Now GGG will beat the living **** out of him
    Stupid logic why, because it's not in line with yours? Which of those facts do you dispute? The point is, Khan's resume may be better than Brook's, but he was matched well in most of his wins & refuses to fight Brook because it would tank his career to lose to him. I don't see you clowning Khan for fighting Canelo, when everyone knew he was going to get KO'd. Golovkin may beat Brook, but at least there's the slightest unknown element of how Kell will hold up. I don't know if you'll have to pay for the fight in the UK, but it's free here in the US, so screw it, I'll watch it.

Comment

• That was the first thing I thought of

Comment

• Khans a chinny little fraud who everyone apart from the most stupid and deluded of fans have long sussed out, a laughing stock really.

Comment

• Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
          Kell Brook isnt skilled as people make out

He is a BIG WW, that size advantage is what makes things insteresting at WW

But when you take that size advantage away, he is a very stiff backed boxer, with no head movement, no bodywork, no inside game...

He will have no size advantage against GGG, he will need to 100% rely on his skills....skills which arent good enough to counter the size disadvantage...Kell Brook isnt Floyd

only thing going for brook is, he is a accurate puncher, but whenever he throws, he tends to get countered back

there is a big difference between getting countered by feather fisted frankie gavin than hard hitting triple g

alot of people talk about brooks skills, but dont look at his opponents and how easily brook gets countered, especially when he throws that uppercut

he's in a world of trouble if he throws that uppercut....
          I don't see how brook win this fight. Brook isn't even as skilled as ggg either. Can't exchange with ggg, can't outbox him, the only way I see him winning is to throw 5 jabs a round and get on that bike for the rest of the round and pray ggg have leg cramps or something. I'm surprise the odds are as low as it is because if over under that brook wins two rounds I would definitely take the under.

Comment

• Originally posted by cork View Post
            I don't see how brook win this fight. Brook isn't even as skilled as ggg either. Can't exchange with ggg, can't outbox him, the only way I see him winning is to throw 5 jabs a round and get on that bike for the rest of the round and pray ggg have leg cramps or something. I'm surprise the odds are as low as it is because if over under that brook wins two rounds I would definitely take the under.
            Unfortunately people have been watching to many Rocky movies

Kells power will not stop GGG from walking him down

Kell has a nice stiff jab, but GGG's jab is stiffer and just as accurate, on top of that GGG is taller and has a longer reach.

Kell is a stationary target, watch any of his fights, he never moves his head, he has a strong upper body, his back is stiff. GGG is going to find him very easily.

Kells defense consists of swaying back, or clinching, he's gotten away with minimum defensive skills because he is bigger and stronger than most WW's.

If you watch back when he faced a bigger man in Carson Jones, look what happened to Kell, he struggled. Carson Jones was an average boxer, now replace Carson Jones with GGG.

Comment

• Originally posted by ElBossHogg View Post
              I get it hes your people, its okay keep them panties moist for em dont let me ruin your day.
              I was making fun of GGG because he talked all that sh.it about Canelo-Khan but now fighting a Welter himself and holding on to things like weight to justify this fight. What did it look like I was saying?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                Hang on. dare to be great? Where did that go?
                Yeah, credit to Brook for daring to be great. I'm slating GGG for talking all that sh.it about Canelo fighting a Welter. However, Brook daring to be great doesn't change the fact his resume is mortifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by b00g13man View Post

There was a thread made about this video a couple months back and the comments from GGG's detractors were along the lines of "Kell Brook would be the best opponent GGG has ever faced" , "Why not? he's better than Dominic Wade", "Funny how everytime someone good calls out GGG he never wants to fight them, he just wants to fight bums" and so on. These same detractors are livid about this fight.

So, in the end, you can't please everyone. You might as well just enjoy the show.

Comment

• Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    I was making fun of GGG because he talked all that sh.it about Canelo-Khan but now fighting a Welter himself and holding on to things like weight to justify this fight. What did it look like I was saying?
                    ahahahh

Originally posted by Box-Office View Post
                    Yeah, credit to Brook for daring to be great. I'm slating GGG for talking all that sh.it about Canelo fighting a Welter. However, Brook daring to be great doesn't change the fact his resume is mortifying.

Comment

• Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
                      There was a thread made about this video a couple months back and the comments from GGG's detractors were along the lines of "Kell Brook would be the best opponent GGG has ever faced" , "Why not? he's better than Dominic Wade", "Funny how everytime someone good calls out GGG he never wants to fight them, he just wants to fight bums" and so on. These same detractors are livid about this fight.

So, in the end, you can't please everyone. You might as well just enjoy the show.
                      I remember that but I pay attention to the few haters on this site. I'm actually just afan of the sport and not fighters but I think ggg is great and is capable of great things but I just understand why he agreed to this fight. You can't please everyone but this seem like a no win situation for him. I get that he can't get fights at mw but go up a division not down two

Comment

Working...
                      X