No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Gennady Golovkin-Kell Brook Finalized For September 10

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by THC View Post
    REYESdelBOXEO, WTF, I don't know why you think I'm defending this fight. It stinks. Ima torrent that sucker most def.

As far as ring accomplishments, Golovkin cannot force Canelo to fight him because the latter has decided that he's willing to accept public ridicule for dropping the MW belt (contrary to Mexico's deep boxing legacy) rather than being a true champion by defending his honor in the ring.

Admittedly it would have been a massive, embarrassing beat down because that camera-friendly Golovkin smile is a media facade hiding a sadistic streak that would emerge full throttle against Ginger.

Anyway, my question is still outstanding: can you name one Mexican fighter who chose to vacate a WBC title to avoid defending it in the ring against a mandatory?

When you can provide an answer and process it internally vis-à-vis Canelo's diva cowardice, then, and only then, will you have the authority to tell anyone to accept reality, you feel me?
    Canelo pulled a major duck move. The biggest, most memorable duck in many years, and he will go down in history as Duck Boy. That's what he wanted, that's what he gets.

BUT...I was kind of thinking Canelo/Golovkin would have been a competitive fight. That's the ONLY reason I wanted them to face each other. A great fight.

Sadly, once again, boxing doesn't make the big fight.

Comment

• Joe Beamish; I think Canelo is a good fighter with solid skills but he's a big draw only because of his fair skin in a Latino market, coupled with a record padded with smaller opponents.

Golovkin represents a challenger who cannot be bullied physically. Canelo will have to rely only on his skills. His complexion will not help him against GGG.

i.e. he's fcuked, so drop the belt.

Comment

• Originally posted by THC View Post
        Joe Beamish; I think Canelo is a good fighter with solid skills but he's a big draw only because of his fair skin in a Latino market, coupled with a record padded with smaller opponents.

Golovkin represents a challenger who cannot be bullied physically. Canelo will have to rely only on his skills. His complexion will not help him against GGG.

i.e. he's fcuked, so drop the belt.
        Many if not most boxing experts and insiders would not agree with your assessment of Canelo's accomplishments, though most would surely pick Golovkin to win the fight. Then again, Canelo probably has more skills and ring smarts than anybody Golovkin has faced as a professional. Canelo had a solid win over Cotto, who beat up Daniel Geale (for example) pretty much the same way Golovkin did. And you've seen the posters on this board -- lots of them think Golovkin is hugely, absurdly overrated. So....let's see! If Golovkin is so overrated, he may not fare so well against Canelo...who even Floyd Mayweather has praised consistently.....

Comment

• Joe Beamish, another reason why I don't rate Canelo highly is because he's currently able to leverage his youth to drain himself to a weight class far below his ring weight. He's officially a junior MW but in the ring he's a light HW.

I have far more respect for fighters like Floyd or Golovkin who fight near their natural weights. If I was a boxing commisioner, I'd re-instate same day weigh-ins. Actually, weigh-ins 2 hours before the fight.

Comment

• Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            Once again, not a GGG fan. Once again Malik Scott is not better than Murray. You sound like a 13 year old girl.
            Malik Scott is better than Murray so is Stiverne. You sure are sticking up for pussie g to not be his fan. How do you feel about pussie g fighting a fuucking welterweight?

If you think he is a bytch for doing so call him out like you would any other fighter.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
              Malik Scott is better than Murray so is Stiverne. You sure are sticking up for pussie g to not be his fan. How do you feel about pussie g fighting a fuucking welterweight?

If you think he is a bytch for doing so call him out like you would any other fighter.
              I'm not even talking about GGG. You are. I'm talking about Malik Scott who has never beaten ANYONE, EVER, not being better than Murray who EVERYONE knows beat Martinez and Sturm ...though I will give you that they weren't there best. But still far far superior to anyone Scott has even ever beaten.

You are a Deontay Wilder fanboy.

You want my opinion on GGG??? I think he's hugely overrated. He knows how to punch at a very high level and I don't mean power. I mean he understands punch technique and can deliver many different blows. But apart from that there is not much. A one speed stiff jab and no head movement. A good chin has seen him well through a terrible MW division void of athletes. I think Kell can beat him.

Comment

I'm not even talking about GGG. You are. I'm talking about Malik Scott who has never beaten ANYONE, EVER, not being better than Murray who EVERYONE knows beat Martinez and Sturm ...though I will give you that they weren't there best. But still far far superior to anyone Scott has even ever beaten.

You are a Deontay Wilder fanboy.

You want my opinion on GGG??? I think he's hugely overrated. He knows how to punch at a very high level and I don't mean power. I mean he understands punch technique and can deliver many different blows. But apart from that there is not much. A one speed stiff jab and no head movement. A good chin has seen him well through a terrible MW division void of athletes. I think Kell can beat him.

I' support Wilder and say he has more heart and nuts then pussie g. There are weight classes for a reason. Do you think ANY 135 pounder can move up right now in their first fight beat Thurman or Porter? Exactly.

Brook in my opinion is a better fighter but a lot smaller. Bur size difference will be too much.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sweet_Science2 View Post
                  I' support Wilder and say he has more heart and nuts then pussie g. There are weight classes for a reason. Do you think ANY 135 pounder can move up right now in their first fight beat Thurman or Porter? Exactly.

Brook in my opinion is a better fighter but a lot smaller. Bur size difference will be too much.
                  Jesus man CAN YOU READ??? Yes I agree. GGG is a coward for fighting Brook.

But think about this...Doesn't Deontay have even bigger size differences against fighters not nearly as talented as Brook? Hey that's HW and he can't help being a big dude but the truth is the truth.

GGG is a guy who should have moved up by now. But Deontay has fought terrible opposition, but I understand he is late to the game and they are trying to develop him, like Hearn with Joshua.

Broner jumped up and beat Paulie. I woulda bet on Crawford if he had of Jumped to 147 to fight Garcia.

Comment

• Seems like Brook didn't learn from his "friend" Khan. Terrible match-up.

Comment

Jesus man CAN YOU READ??? Yes I agree. GGG is a coward for fighting Brook.

But think about this...Doesn't Deontay have even bigger size differences against fighters not nearly as talented as Brook? Hey that's HW and he can't help being a big dude but the truth is the truth.

GGG is a guy who should have moved up by now. But Deontay has fought terrible opposition, but I understand he is late to the game and they are trying to develop him, like Hearn with Joshua.

Broner jumped up and beat Paulie. I woulda bet on Crawford if he had of Jumped to 147 to fight Garcia.
                      Wilder is not afraid to fight people though unlike pussie g. Wilder has called out and been willing to fight ANY heavyweight. That cheater from Russia in his home country. He just called out Joshua for his next fight. Wants to fight the winner of Klithcho vs Fury there next fight. Sometime early next year,

There hasn't been ONE fighter Wilder has pussied away from. So he gets my respect.

Comment

Working...
                      X