Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Bermane Stiverne Eyed By Hearn For November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Thurman
    Bermane took a savage beating from Bronze Bomber and got old overnight.

Joshua will devour Wilder's leftovers. He's going down fast and hard.
    this could very well be the case with him. I never saw the Rossy fight but I just watched the KD in the first round. It was agood shot but he has taken much worse than that. Maybe just a balance thing but Stiverne is 37 so you could be right. Actually outside Wilder, Fury, Parker & Joshua most of the top contenders are in their late 30s. Something to be considered when choosing a winner of a fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
      How long with that excuse be used? For the rest of Wilder's Career? Stop It! Wilder could've stepped up on his own 2-3 fights ago but instead he been playing it real safe. So Wilder is only required to step up competition when it is ordered by the WBC?

So after Arreola and his next fight is vs Gerald Washington or somebody else that is not worthy of a shot people will still be saying "Well Povetkin Failed His Drug Test"
      Lol, Wilder's right hand was not one hundred pecent. If you knew your **** than you would know that he had to have an operation on his right hand on an injury he sustained during the Stirvirne fight.

That's why he fought Dehaupus and Molina.

As for Szpilka, lol, yeah lets pretend that Glazkov didn't blatantly duck Wilder by pulling out of negotiations so that he can fight for a vacant title, which he lost to bum of the month Charles Martin. Szpilka was just the short notice back-up, but then again, why don't we pretend that this didn't happen either, just like we gonna pretend Povetkin didn't duck three times, once by intentionally scheduling a tune-up after the mandated negotiation date with Wilder, twice by asking the wbc for a five month extention, and thrice by testing positive just a week or two before fight night.

It's all Wilder's fault doe, coz these eastern europeans (Povetkin and Glazkov) totally aint ducking him.

Comment

Originally posted by Sledgeweather17 View Post
        Lol, Wilder's right hand was not one hundred pecent. If you knew your **** than you would know that he had to have an operation on his right hand on an injury he sustained during the Stirvirne fight.

That's why he fought Dehaupus and Molina.

As for Szpilka, lol, yeah lets pretend that Glazkov didn't blatantly duck Wilder by pulling out of negotiations so that he can fight for a vacant title, which he lost to bum of the month Charles Martin. Szpilka was just the short notice back-up, but then again, why don't we pretend that this didn't happen either, just like we gonna pretend Povetkin didn't duck three times, once by intentionally scheduling a tune-up after the mandated negotiation date with Wilder, twice by asking the wbc for a five month extention, and thrice by testing positive just a week or two before fight night.

It's all Wilder's fault doe, coz these eastern europeans (Povetkin and Glazkov) totally aint ducking him.
        MORE EXCUSES! The funny thing is I don't hate Wilder or any of that stuff, not some loser on this forum that is Pro Eastern European and Anti American or any of that Bull****. I'm just calling it like I see it, I see a man who won a title and since winning that title has played things extremely SAFE to hold on to that title.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          No it isn't. That's beyond ridiculous.
          If not better it is really not much difference to be honest which is PATHETIC since Wilder again been Pro 7-8 years while Joshua only 3-4 years

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
            Wilder was ready and set to fight Povetkin, so you're wrong about him not stepping up. And I never said a word against Joshua, only the double standards of fans on boxing forums. Everything else I posted are easily verifiable facts. Get a hold of yourself before you go spouting off nonsense, because you're not the only who has been following this sport a long time.
            That Povetkin thing will be used to justify Wilder **** match ups for the rest of his career

Based on America's rich History of Heavyweights, Sorry, Forgive Me for having higher standards for Heavyweights and not being willing to accept guy who choose to face unworthy opponents who admit themselves that they're not worthy of a shot. Stop Comparing at 8 year Pro to a 4 Year Pro when the 8 Year Pro has only stepped up 1 Time in his career and has went back to fighting Inferior opponent while the 4 Year Pro is working is way up much faster. It didn't take Wilder 8 years to become Champion and to step up vs Decent Opponents and just pile up KO's vs out of shape Club Bouncers in the Backwoods of Alabama
            Last edited by sicko; 07-08-2016, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by 285Kid View Post
              Hearn can do whatever he want but his fighter will have to fight the mandatory or give up his belt this the IBF not the WBC , He can play that game with the WBC not the IBF
              He still has a long time to fight Parker iirc.

Until January i think

Comment

Originally posted by joe strong View Post
                Champions taking easier fights at home. The Klitschkos did it all the time. Joshua will do it. His first defence was against Breazeale & now he is talking Stiverne or Molina. Since Joshua & Wilder are 2 of the top 5 fighters most of their opponents are going to be weaker. Fury, Klitschko, Ortiz are all tied up. Povetkin is under investigation & Pulev is one eliminator away from a mando shot. Everyone else is lower on the totem pole. There are 3 world champions & only so many top contenders. Duhaupus. Szpilka & Arreola are pretty decent voluntaries. Molina is on the same level as Derric Rossy or Chisora. There is not enough top contenders to fight for 3 world champions but there is a lot of B level contender to go around...

I don't get this feeling the need to Defend Wilder instead of expecting more from a Champion? This is how Pathetic today's fight fans are, some of us are willing to accept a Plate of **** based on who we like

My expectation will never come down just become a guy is American or whatever. You want to be considered "Great" you want to be a "Superstar" you want to be considered one of the best in the world "P4P" then FUKING EARN IT don't expect it to be given to you

Again we shall see after this Mismatch, No More Excuse After This!

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post
                  That Povetkin thing will be used to justify Wilder **** match ups for the rest of his career

Based on America's rich History of Heavyweights, Sorry, Forgive Me for having higher standards for Heavyweights and not being willing to accept guy who choose to face unworthy opponents who admit themselves that they're not worthy of a shot. Stop Comparing at 8 year Pro to a 4 Year Pro when the 8 Year Pro has only stepped up 1 Time in his career and has went back to fighting Inferior opponent while the 4 Year Pro is working is way up much faster. It didn't take Wilder 8 years to become Champion and to step up vs Decent Opponents and just pile up KO's vs out of shape Club Bouncers in the Backwoods of Alabama
                  Yet you defend Vits resume when he was a much more experienced fighter and long standing champion. BRILLIANT!!

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                    Yet you defend Vits resume when he was a much more experienced fighter and long standing champion. BRILLIANT!!
                    Defended Vitali Resume? Name somebody who Vitali shouldn't fought but didn't to protect his belt? Vitali ERA was **** he did not have much options but the options that he did have the Klitschko's to their credit they always would seek out better competition even though it really wasn't any during their ERA

Comment

I like this fight.

Big respect for Joshua, for taking on undefeated contenders and now Stiverne in just his 18th pro fight. He'll stop Stiverne, and thereby show how much better he is than Wilder - Stiverne was Wilder's only good win, and went the distance.

Joshua is just age 26, his best is yet to come. He had fewer amateur fights than Wilder, yet won Gold in the Olympics.

He will dominate the heavyweight division in the years to come, the same way Wlad did.

Comment

Working...
                      X