Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Anthony Joshua vs. Bermane Stiverne Eyed By Hearn For November

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jousha knocks him out, Bermane Stiverne is a hypejob.

Wilder fought a cagey fight and still won

but i am up for this fight, better than Charles ****in Martian and the other tall american footballer he just fought

Comment

I'm totally OK with this match up.

Shut up about "Double Standard" for Wilder. One guy is a 3-4 Year Pro who is starting to step up while the other is a 7-8 year Pro and and has only stepped up competition 1 Time. It is not the same, so yes for a 4 year pro although is a Champion but is still working his way up this is a Solid Opponent for Joshua then after this will likely be a bigger name. At least Joshua is going FORWARD in Competition and not BACKWARD. He could do like others which is become Champion and then go back to fighting very weak opponent in his backyard!

Comment

Originally posted by Eastcoast View Post
        Stiverne looked pretty shot in his last fight vs Rossy even hit the deck. Maybe he wasn't motivated? But Joshua is still in the developmental stage so it's probably a good fight for him.
        Did you actually see the fight live or on tv? You are the first person who talks like they saw it. Looking for a link or file of the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by sicko View Post

Shut up about "Double Standard" for Wilder. One guy is a 3-4 Year Pro who is starting to step up while the other is a 7-8 year Pro and and has only stepped up competition 1 Time. It is not the same, so yes for a 4 year pro although is a Champion but is still working his way up this is a Solid Opponent for Joshua then after this will likely be a bigger name. At least Joshua is going FORWARD in Competition and not BACKWARD. He could do like others which is become Champion and then go back to fighting very weak opponent in his backyard!
          what champion has never done that since Lennox Lewis retired?

Comment

Wilder starts his amateur career at 19, Joshua at 17. Wilder beats Stiverne 18 months ago and Stiverne is a bum. Joshua set to fight Stiverne and now it's a good test. Sure, there's no double standard there!! Oh, and let's not forget Wilder was set to fight Povetkin and the fight was postponed due to no fault of his own. So yes, there is a double standard, it's just some fans like yourself refuse to accept it.

Comment

He should have fought him instead of Breazeale.

Comment

Joshua needs to be tested, not fed no-hoper after no-hoper. We saw all that needs to be seen when it comes to Stiverne... he was dominated by Wilder. The same guy who has struggled with his last 3 completely overmatched opponents.

I hope Joshua-Parker and Wilder-Povetkin happen sooner rather than later. Thee two consolation titleholders need to have some actual solid wins to look like solid threats to the actual World Champion

Comment

Well except for fact wilder was set to fight povetkin not wilders fault it fell through and arreola fight was on short notice

Comment

Originally posted by Cinci Champ View Post
                    Well except for fact wilder was set to fight povetkin not wilders fault it fell through and arreola fight was on short notice
                    How long with that excuse be used? For the rest of Wilder's Career? Stop It! Wilder could've stepped up on his own 2-3 fights ago but instead he been playing it real safe. So Wilder is only required to step up competition when it is ordered by the WBC?

So after Arreola and his next fight is vs Gerald Washington or somebody else that is not worthy of a shot people will still be saying "Well Povetkin Failed His Drug Test"

Comment

Originally posted by JAB5239 View Post
                      Wilder starts his amateur career at 19, Joshua at 17. Wilder beats Stiverne 18 months ago and Stiverne is a bum. Joshua set to fight Stiverne and now it's a good test. Sure, there's no double standard there!! Oh, and let's not forget Wilder was set to fight Povetkin and the fight was postponed due to no fault of his own. So yes, there is a double standard, it's just some fans like yourself refuse to accept it.
                      More Excuse for Wilder "Wilder Started At 19, Joshua At 17" OK I still don't see how that excuses Wilder for only Stepping Up 1 Time and just recently doing so for a guy that been pro 7-8 years now

Sorry I don't do the Bias BS, I call it like I see it. Been watching boxing too long to give these new young fighters a Pass. Greatness is earned not GIVEN!

By the way Joshua Resume>Wilder Resume already to be brutal honest and that is PATHETIC! So basically giving Wilder Top to Develop is OK but not for Joshua? Joshua is Going Forward In Competition while Wilder is going BACKWARD that is just FACTS not sure why fans get sensitive over the TRUTH

Comment

Working...
                      X