Collapse
No announcement yet.

The reasons why Deontay is the best heavyweight since prime evander

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've been staunch proponent and critic of Deontay Wilder ever since he went pro and his development from a crude amateur to a guy who looks and acts like a fighter is remarkable. That's not to say he's not without flaws and he is still very much a work-in-process. I think if Wilder gets past Arreola and hopefully Povetkin later this year, I could easily make a case for him as the number 1 heavyweight in world. His conditioning is impeccable, he has tremendous power, his boxing skills and generalship are solid (but not great) and he has a killer instinct that rivals a young George Foreman. I expect this guy to do some great things and give us some memorable fights.

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
      I think if Wilder gets past Arreola and hopefully Povetkin later this year, I could easily make a case for him as the number 1 heavyweight in world.
      HAHAHAHAHA No you couldn't. WK & Fury would still be above him til he fights & beats either those two. As for Povetkin.. He is becoming inactive (hasn't fought since last year) & Arreola is washed up. He couldn't decisively beat C level stiffs Kassi & Kauffman last time out! You're fookin ******ed man to make such a claim.. No way could you argue that! Beats Fury, WK, & Povetkin & then you could. I think Joshua is going to be the best of this era anyway.. To be the best you fight the best & Deontay hasn't! Arreola LMAO....

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
        HAHAHAHAHA No you couldn't. WK & Fury would still be above him til he fights & beats either those two. As for Povetkin.. He is becoming inactive (hasn't fought since last year) & Arreola is washed up. He couldn't decisively beat C level stiffs Kassi & Kauffman last time out! To be the best you fight the best! ****in ******ed man.. No way could you argue that! Beats Fury, WK, & Povetkin & then you could. I think Joshua is going to be the best of this era anyway..
        Let me qualify my statement by this: if Wilder demolishes Arreola and Povetkin effortlessly (and I could see this happening) then I would make the case for him being number 1. Tyson Fury's victory over Klitschko wasn't exactly a super impressive performance. There's winning, then there's winning in style and in domination. Wilder and Joshua are doing that right now - not so much Fury or Klitschko.

Comment

Whenever foreigners reference "those stupid Americans", they're talking about you.

Comment

Joke thread ,the hound is not impressed with this mockery

Comment

Let me qualify my statement by this: if Wilder demolishes Arreola and Povetkin effortlessly (and I could see this happening) then I would make the case for him being number 1. Tyson Fury's victory over Klitschko wasn't exactly a super impressive performance. There's winning, then there's winning in style and in domination. Wilder and Joshua are doing that right now - not so much Fury or Klitschko.
              You can't compare wins over Arreola & Povetkin to a win over Wladimir Klitschko. The winner of Wlad-Fury II is the #1 until someone beats them.

Comment

Originally posted by denium View Post
                You can't compare wins over Arreola & Povetkin to a win over Wladimir Klitschko. The winner of Wlad-Fury II is the #1 until someone beats them.
                This will happen in Wlad-Fury II. they will be stripped including their clothes.

Comment

You don't need to qualify it. You think beating a washed up Arreola (look at his recent form) & Povetkin makes you number 1! Neither of those two are rated in any consensus top 2 by ANYONE! Secondly Ortiz, Joshua & Pulev are way better than Arreola! Wilder will only become consensus #1 by beating the Fury/WK winner.. To be considered dominant after that he would then have to beat the likes of the above also! Beating Povetkin would definitely make him top 5 but its all speculation & what ifs!

You don't rate people #1 by how impressive the performance was over a lower tier fighter than the top 2 or whether it was a demolition job you idiot. To be the best you beat the best (regardless of the manner a win is a win) LOL Wilder & Joshua are beating up lesser fighters than WK & Fury (who aren't destroying each other in such a manner) hence they are the real top 2! My god man..

LMAO

Stervenson, Ramirez & Thomas Williams, Jr. are destroying Wards competition easier than Ward (Bika, Dawson, AA) Stevenson, Ramirez & Thomas Williams Jr>Ward.

Comment

Working...
                  X