No announcement yet.

I miss Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I miss Floyd Mayweather

Two times a year we were guaranteed a big fight. I haven't been to a fight party since The May/Pac fight. My friends are mostly causal fans. Nobody was interested in having a Canelo fight party. They said "aint that that Mexican that Floyd beat?". None of them know Crawford. I might have to foot that bill by myself because it won't be in bars or theaters. They didn't want to see Canelo vs. Khan so they damn sure aint gonna want to see Canelo vs. Smith. Gonna be hard convincing them to watch the Ward vs. Kovalev fight. One good thing was they were talking about Porter vs. Thurman on facebook. A lot of casuals were talking about that. If PBC can do one or two big fights a month I could have fight parties again. Or if Pac vs Broner happens I know they'll want to see that. I throw TBE fight parties.

Are they coming over for Ward vs. Kovalev?

Comment

How did you cope with the disappointment from casuals year after year with Mayweather stinker by the way? I know PPV can be expensive but the damn casuals ruin it for me -- I end up arguing with drunks that want to see a slug fest.

Comment

you just bought the hype - the fights usually sucked

Comment

I know. We never got to see the priceless moment where he finally got knocked out.

He'll be back though, just a question of when.

Comment

I find myself missing TBE from time to time...

Comment

You must have a a lot of friends I couldn't get any body to chip in for Berto.

Comment

Ask random people who Floyd Mayweather is and you'll get plenty of answers.

Ask random people who any other active fighter besides Shane Mosley is and you'll get silence.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
                  Ask random people who Floyd Mayweather is and you'll get plenty of answers.

Ask random people who any other active fighter besides Shane Mosley is and you'll get silence.
                  Depending on the demographic you ask.

Some are pretty much uneducated and ignorant, i have to agree.

Comment

Originally posted by Jubei View Post
                    Depending on the demographic you ask.

Some are pretty much uneducated and ignorant, i have to agree.
                    I have a better theory.

The "characters" of boxing are who people recognize and remember. Not dullards like GGG, Lara, Rigo, Jacobs or Canelo.

Comment

Working...
                    X