I miss Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by revelated View Post
    I have a better theory.

The "characters" of boxing are who people recognize and remember. Not dullards like GGG, Lara, Rigo, Jacobs or Canelo.
    Where do you live?

Right here in Europe GGG is pretty big, but nobody gives a damn about Lara, Rigo or Jacobs.

There aren't any exciting American fighters lately, most of them are being protected and stalled by Haymon and very rarely fight at all.

Glad we have GGG, Kovalev, Gonzales and Antony Joshua who all seem to elevate the sport back to where it belongs, after it got poisoned by businessmen without hunger and excitement.

Comment

Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      You must have a a lot of friends I couldn't get any body to chip in for Berto.
      Naw I didn't buy that fight. I'm not that stupid

Comment

I don't, glad he's gone.

Let me rephrase. I actually do miss the hungry Pretty Boy Mayweather. Before the Oscar fight. Didn't really care for him after that, although I did enjoy the Mosley fight, the way he got rocked and then just shut him down was a thing of beauty

Comment

the void hasn't been filled yet

Comment

Mayweather brought the A list and casuals, that's not an easy thing to do

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
              I don't, glad he's gone.

Let me rephrase. I actually do miss the hungry Pretty Boy Mayweather. Before the Oscar fight. Didn't really care for him after that, although I did enjoy the Mosley fight, the way he got rocked and then just shut him down was a thing of beauty
              I'm talking about the event. It was a holiday twice a year for boxing fans.

Comment

I thought this thread was started by Pac!

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                  I'm talking about the event. It was a holiday twice a year for boxing fans.
                  Yeah, I don't miss that either

Comment

everyone does

Comment

I am sorry you miss Mayweather. Everybody has their favorite fighter and I guess yours is Mayweather. At least he got out of boxing while he was still near the top of his game and considered the best fighter in the world. He was a champion forever and at age 38 he was wise to retire with his many millions. Mayweather didn't want to stick around too long and risk damage because he has seen other boxers make that mistake. Canelo and Kovalev are outstanding younger fighters with much of their career still to go. They will both probably have a great career even if you and your friends don't throw fight parties for them.

Comment

Working...
                      X