Collapse
No announcement yet.

I miss Floyd Mayweather

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Same but I'd feel even shittier watching a more watered down version of Mayweather, his last couple of performances were hard to watch at times.

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
      I have a better theory.

The "characters" of boxing are who people recognize and remember. Not dullards like GGG, Lara, Rigo, Jacobs or Canelo.
      None of these guys are dullards. They are all intelligent and they are all highly skilled fighters. Just because they aren't rude, insulting, bragging attention junkies doesn't mean they are dullards.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
        None of these guys are dullards. They are all intelligent and they are all highly skilled fighters. Just because they aren't rude, insulting, bragging attention junkies doesn't mean they are dullards.
        You don't get it.

The boxing game has ALWAYS been about the characters. Not the fight.

Look at the Ward/Gatti trilogy. Legend in boxing history. Yet no casual knows anything about "Irish" Mickey Ward. They likely don't know jack about Arturo "Thunder" Gatti, either.

Nobody cared about PBF. They cared when he became "Money" Mayweather. When he went mainstream.

Tyson didn't get over because he was knocking fighters out. He got over for his smack talk that he backed up every time he went in there.

Ali didn't get over for his fight style. He got over because he was smooth on the mic and largely backed it up - except Frasier, of course.

You have to understand - the CHARACTER is what gets casuals dialing in. Smack talk. Not this "I respect this guy" "He's a tough fighter" crap. No. It needs to be ramped up and I want to hear two guys just go at it verbally.

That's why UFC is as popular as it is. It's not about the knockouts or the blood, it's the smack talk. The fighters may respect each other, but you aren't going to hear them say it before the fight. They'll bash each other to the high hell.

Conor McGregor is ONLY a thing because talks trash. The only reason people are interested in seeing him face Mayweather is because you have two trash talkers.

That's what's lost in boxing. Entertainment. Characters. HATE. Real FEUDS. That's what Mayweather tried to bring to the table before he fought Maidana. That's why people can't let him go. No other fighter is as antagonistic. Same way people couldn't let Hamed go, or Jones, or Toney.

Comment

"Said no one"

Comment

He is one of my favorite fighters of all time, but I don't wanna see him come back to fight just another guy.

I only wanna see him in a super fight.

If he comes back and beats danny, haters will say he should have fought thurman.

If he comes back and fights thurman, people will say he should have fought danny.

I want to see him against somebody that the public perceives as the man to beat.

Mayweather vs golovkin at 154 or let the welterweights fight each other til there is only one. Then come back for that. Like danny vs thurman winner. But make them fight each other for the shot at greatness

Comment

Originally posted by revelated View Post
              Ask random people who Floyd Mayweather is and you'll get plenty of answers.

Ask random people who any other active fighter besides Shane Mosley is and you'll get silence.
              yeah, they'd be like, " that's the dude who got trampled by that Asian chick and left for broke fighting at 50 years old..

Comment

Originally posted by el*** View Post
                everyone does
                Awwwww sweet.. I really wish that what you said was true thou lol

So many sensitive loving fl0mos having a melt down in here haha Must be really hard losing a fraud hehe

Don't worry guys, it's normal, its just withdrawal symptoms. Your system was poisoned from all the fakery and cherry picking that transpired. You'll feel better eventually.
                Last edited by Spoon23; 07-02-2016, 05:49 PM.

Comment

OK? Go visit his Instagram or something

Comment

Originally posted by Spoon23 View Post
                    Awwwww sweet.. I really wish it is true thou lol

So many sensitive loving fl0mos having a melt down in here haha Must be really hard losing a fraud hehe

Don't worry guys, it's withdrawal symptoms. You're system is poisoned from all the fakery and cherry picking that transpired. You'll feel better in time.
                    hahahahaha. Dude, you've been having a meltdown since 5/2/2015!!!! In fact, the most epic meltdown in the history of this forum!!!!! You should be ashamed of yourself if you are indeed a grown a$$ man, as opposed to a little girl. That is questionable.

Comment

Boxing not Boxers. Pobrecito.....

Comment

Working...
                      X