No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by elgu View Post
    Paul Williams got outboxed by Carlos Quintana. Carlos Quintana!!! A guy that lost against Berto. GGG would never lose to a bum like that.

His wins over Margarito/Wright, and close/debatable wins over Martinez/Lara, are MUCH better than anything lil'G has ever done.

Right now..... Williams > lil'G

Any luck finding me that name ?

Also, regarding the " was willing to " and the " called him out " things..... PW called out Hopkins at 170, and then 4 days later he called out Pac at 147..... but he did not get any credit for those "wins", and nor should he.....

..... so yea, Golovkin will actually have to win big fights before he gets any credit, just like everyone else.

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
      His wins over Margarito/Wright, and close/debatable wins over Martinez/Lara, are MUCH better than anything lil'G has ever done.

Right now..... Williams > lil'G

Any luck finding me that name ?

Also, regarding the " was willing to " and the " called him out " things..... PW called out Hopkins at 170, and then 4 days later he called out Pac at 147..... but he did not get any credit for those "wins", and nor should he.....

..... so yea, Golovkin will actually have to win big fights before he gets any credit, just like everyone else.
      I give him credit for the Margarito win but wright was shot and he lost the other 2. GGG would have an awesome resume but the fighters wont get in the ring with him. Boxing should be organized like any other sport and have the best fighting the best. I'm tired of the politics.

Comment

Why does the boxing media keep asking GGG & Canelo the same questions? The fight is in the fall 2017 stop talking about Canelo vs GGG still this time around next year

Stop asking GGG about Canelo, 154 & 168 , you're already know he staying at 160 still the fall of 2017

Stop asking Canelo about GGG

Comment

Originally posted by Progrssive_Jedi View Post
          WTF are you talking about?

First, GGG has waited until Ward moved up. GGG has been competing at MW since he was a pro. Ward has never shared the MW division with GGG.

Two, Ward hadn't fought at 168 since 2013. GGG had not only tried to make a fight at 168 while Ward was a SMW, k2/HBO tried to make a fight with Ward at 168 while Ward was supposedly a SMW.

The only things GGG didn't do is sign an asinine contract stating he would give Ward a 50/50 split for a fight to take place a year or so in advance when Ward chooses he is tuned up. This was summer of 2015, it's now summer of 2016 and Ward is still tuning up. And not only that, he's tuning up two divisions above GGG. Although he is dragging 168 pounders to 175 to beat on them--Smith/Brand.
          Your profile picture leaves no room for argument.

Comment

Originally posted by turnedup View Post
            What Oscar meant to say is...

"I'm trying to be a better businessman. I let ******* take me off my game and Richard gutted my company. In a step to repair myself, my image and my company I have to ride my lone star in the sport carefully through the murky waters of a combat sport. Despite the fact I promised fans two years ago when I was getting sober that I would make the tough fights the reality of my one star possibly being made to look bad in a showdown with a man equal his size for once I may find myself forced to rebuild without a star in the sport. I hope you all can understand that this has been caused by my past transgressions and my addictions that led me to take my eyes off the ball. I know Canelo is getting all the flack because I didn't tell him of my plans and allowed him to make a fool of himself by inviting Mr. Golovkin into the ring and promising him a fight. I should've put a stop to this when it happened but in the adrenaline rush of the moment I had a flashback to my own glory days and forgot temporarily that I am in certain terms a one legged man trying to run track."

Sincerely,
            Oscar "Lines Of Raw" De La Hoya
            Oscar is just trying to acclimate himself to the snake promoter division.

Comment

Originally posted by auoydwe View Post
              For me what made an Alvarez v Golovkin fight intruiging is that it would have been a major unification. Alvarez with the WBC and TheRING Mag Lineal, Golovkin with the WBA, IBO, IBF. With Alvarez vacating the WBC and now leaving the division for reasons other than maintaining a mandatory title in another division, the luster is gone.

My stance, and I've said this before, is that if/when Alvarez v Golovkin happens, Alvarez will have been stripped of TheRING Mag Lineal and it will be Alvarez as "challenger". This appears to be correct considering the paths both boxers (Alvarez and Golovkin) took to get to where they are in the middleweight division.

Additionally, if/when Alvarez v Golovkin happens, it will do nothing for either of them aside from cashing in. Their match is perceived to be competitive. I strongly disagree and by Alvarez' team's posturing, they seem to be tacitly compliant... at least until late 2017(?).
              That's because Mexicans don't f##k around!...or, do they???

Comment

Originally posted by Nomadic View Post
                Your profile picture leaves no room for argument.
                Oh snap, someone in a boxing forum has the best pound 4 pound fighter as his avatar.. should have taken another animal like you, huh?

Comment

Fishnets is hoping by 2017 people will forget he even said this.
                  Canela was lined up to face GGG already and we saw how that turned out

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                    aaah right, good point.....

It looks like Team Bull**** made a mistake for FOUR YEARS when they were marketing lil'G..... they shouldn't have spent FOUR YEARS saying "anyone from 154-168"..... they should have spent FOUR YEARS saying "anyone from 154-168, so long as we can have Canelo's nutritionist"

The length that you fan-girls have gone to conveniently forget that "anyone from 154-168" rubbish..... is hilarious.
                    aboutfkntime the hype man is back at it!...making sure to play the villain to all the other boxing fans by spouting nonsense about 154-168, despite acknowledging that no one good from 154-168 is willing to fight GGG right now. Hype man is trolling here just to keep that GGG/Canelo fight alive. You do your thang, troll...you do your thang...

Comment

A 154 pounder that weighs almost 180 on fight night. Oscar really thinks hes fooling someone with this ****. And the whole 2017 thing is just a bull**** excuse to duck GGG.

Comment

Working...
                      X