No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: De La Hoya: Canelo a 154-Pounder, Golovkin Fight in 2017

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by auoydwe View Post
    Well... Alvarez said what he said. I don't think he's a coward. He's proven as much by taking fights with Lara, Trout, Cotto... He misinterpreted his game-plan v Mayweather and squandered the opportunity. Alvarez is not a coward, but I do think he is over-rated.

I'm not in a position to say that anyone that steps into a ring, literally putting their lives on the line is lesser than I. I would be pretentious and disingenuous to think otherwise, but I do believe that not all boxers/fighters are in complete control of their destinies.

Alvarez' promoters are not in a position to control every word and gesture Alvarez makes/takes. At the same time, Alvarez is not in a position to mandate every decision his own promotional team make/take.

It appears that Alvarez is a prisoner to his own success. He looks groomed to take the role as the "next big boxing icon" but cannot dictate his own destiny unequivocally.

From my humble perspective, the perception is that he can decide what he wants with low physical risk opponents. Factor in an opponent that can cause real damage and he has no say, regardless of whether or not he wants to take the challenge.

Keep in mind, I'm not stating fact. This is my boxing-fan perspective speaking here.
    I guess my attempt at humor failed. Sigh. You know?...like, when you do the opposite of what you say, you know?...Mexicans don't f#ck around, but, uhm, apparently they do? Get it? Isn't DLH Mexican too? Get it? No? And you gotta add the question marks in order to make it like a conspiracy theory? You know? Ah, never mind.

You may be right on Canelo. But a duck is a duck. Boxing history will remember this. Oh, & the fans won't stop clamoring for the fight until he actually fights GGG...that's going to be a problem Canelo will have to live with, or deal with. He knew what he was getting into when he signed on to fight Cotto. Either way, I want that fight sooner than later...otherwise it spoils.

Comment

No, no. I get it. But I'm so disinterested in ad hominem attacks on people I don't even know personally. You know what I mean? What's it do for me?

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
        GGG's career isn't over yet...so that's a question of implementation. Mike Tyson basically wasted his career away with his bad behaviors (prison, partying, fornication, etc.)...how is that not underachieving??? GGG might have another decade to go. Yet I'm sure everyone gets a kick out of your hypotheticals in your attempt to discredit GGG in every shape or form. No one knows where you'll take your hate. But I know one thing: you'll never fail on being the hype man. You do that trolling you do so well to help hype GGG. Keep on posting on every article related to GGG. I think you can do it.

GGG is 35yo, and he has avoided every possible world-class opponent to date.

So yea, good luck with that LMAO

Tyson actually took those opportunities, which is why he achieved much more.

Comment

Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
          I guess my attempt at humor failed. Sigh. You know?...like, when you do the opposite of what you say, you know?...Mexicans don't f#ck around, but, uhm, apparently they do? Get it? Isn't DLH Mexican too? Get it? No? And you gotta add the question marks in order to make it like a conspiracy theory? You know? Ah, never mind.

You may be right on Canelo. But a duck is a duck. Boxing history will remember this. Oh, & the fans won't stop clamoring for the fight until he actually fights GGG...that's going to be a problem Canelo will have to live with, or deal with. He knew what he was getting into when he signed on to fight Cotto. Either way, I want that fight sooner than later...otherwise it spoils.

god you post some rubbish, what possessed you to write the bold ?

And get it right, NOBODY denied that Canelo " avoided " Golovkin, that fact is CLEARLY obvious...... but it is just as CLEARLY OBVIOUS that Golovkin "avoided" Ward..... and only the most childish fanboys are attempting to deny that.

For the record, Paulie thinks that Golovkin is full of ****.....

Like I always said, Canelo is OBVIOUSLY doing the exact same thing to Golovkin that Golovkin did to Ward. And anybody who denies that is just a dishonest fanboy clown.....

Comment

Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post

Tyson ducked Lewis twice in the 90s and only ended up fighting him because he needed the money so hardly the best example

Comment

I don't care what people think of me, not one little bit..... life is not a popularity contest in my book...
              I hear ya, most def. My apologies for presuming otherwise.

cool username btw
              Thanks. I think LSD was already taken; psilocybin, too long and awkward to type.

Comment

Or maybe it's the other way around, & every world-class opponent avoided him. We do have a list of excuses why any top fighter doesn't want to fight GGG right now. But that doesn't matter because you're the hype man! Who's going to argue with the trolling you do on every GGG article. Keep hyping that GGG...I'm sure all your dreams will come true.

Comment

Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
                  Tyson ducked Lewis twice in the 90s and only ended up fighting him because he needed the money so hardly the best example
                  There you go, aboutfkntime. Maybe you should choose another route to hype GGG. I believe you can do it.

Comment

Originally posted by auoydwe View Post
                    No, no. I get it. But I'm so disinterested in ad hominem attacks on people I don't even know personally. You know what I mean? What's it do for me?
                    Love of a sport always tend to ***** being sincere & forthright on other people's business. It's why the term fan derides from the word fanatic. You either care, or you don't...that's the beauty of sports. How much hate did Lebron James receive from his own fans before he actually started winning titles? Fans are fickle. No use in over-analyzing them. Just accept & enjoy the sport. Even in the microcosm of this boxing forum, there are those who you care what they post, & those who you don't care so much for (*cough* trolls *cough*). Live within it if you want...but leave it occasionally to enjoy the real world. I personally go to boxing sites for the information. And often times, there are boxing fans on here who hold more information than I could ever hope to achieve. That's why it's worth it to hear what the fans think...like it or lump it.

Comment

god you post some rubbish, what possessed you to write the bold ?

And get it right, NOBODY denied that Canelo " avoided " Golovkin, that fact is CLEARLY obvious...... but it is just as CLEARLY OBVIOUS that Golovkin "avoided" Ward..... and only the most childish fanboys are attempting to deny that.
                      I suppose having personality on a boxing forum wasn't going to go over with the hype man, huh? Your hype trolling caught me there...even bringing up Ward on a GGG argument was sooooo you to do...beyond the fact that Ward himself blocked the fight from happening when he signed that contract...but no, your hype trolling senses were tingling. Keep up that hype trolling that you do so well. I'm sure GGG & his team appreciates it. Keep the fight alive!

Comment

Working...
                      X