• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
    A 154 pounder who hasn't fought below 155 since 2013
    Weighed in 154.5 couple fights ago do that count below 155lb? Lol

Comment

Canelo is a 154 pounder? he walks around weighing more than GGG!

GGG walks around at 175, Canelo walks around at 180+

Comment

He don't have belt anymore, no longer holding it hostage why are people still on that fight lil g got what he wanted ginger spice ran back down to jmw time to move on we know the cowards they both are

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

GGG needs to get with nutritionist that helps ginger spice cut weight good than and prob would of got that career defining fight he needs to propel him to stardom

Comment

What Oscar meant to say is...

"I'm trying to be a better businessman. I let cocaine take me off my game and Richard gutted my company. In a step to repair myself, my image and my company I have to ride my lone star in the sport carefully through the murky waters of a combat sport. Despite the fact I promised fans two years ago when I was getting sober that I would make the tough fights the reality of my one star possibly being made to look bad in a showdown with a man equal his size for once I may find myself forced to rebuild without a star in the sport. I hope you all can understand that this has been caused by my past transgressions and my addictions that led me to take my eyes off the ball. I know Canelo is getting all the flack because I didn't tell him of my plans and allowed him to make a fool of himself by inviting Mr. Golovkin into the ring and promising him a fight. I should've put a stop to this when it happened but in the adrenaline rush of the moment I had a flashback to my own glory days and forgot temporarily that I am in certain terms a one legged man trying to run track."

Sincerely,
            Oscar "Lines Of Raw" De La Hoya

Comment

For me what made an Alvarez v Golovkin fight intruiging is that it would have been a major unification. Alvarez with the WBC and TheRING Mag Lineal, Golovkin with the WBA, IBO, IBF. With Alvarez vacating the WBC and now leaving the division for reasons other than maintaining a mandatory title in another division, the luster is gone.

My stance, and I've said this before, is that if/when Alvarez v Golovkin happens, Alvarez will have been stripped of TheRING Mag Lineal and it will be Alvarez as "challenger". This appears to be correct considering the paths both boxers (Alvarez and Golovkin) took to get to where they are in the middleweight division.

Additionally, if/when Alvarez v Golovkin happens, it will do nothing for either of them aside from cashing in. Their match is perceived to be competitive. I strongly disagree and by Alvarez' team's posturing, they seem to be tacitly compliant... at least until late 2017(?).

Comment

Yiu can't be serious. Same headline everyday. People still commenting on it like it's news. We shouldn't even talk about the fight until it's signed. Until then, let's talk about actual boxing and fighters that are actually fighting. SNOOZE.

Comment

As You may see, Oscar isn't even offering GGG a catchweight or something...

Comment

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
                    As the fight between Saul 'Canelo' Alvarez and WBO junior middleweight titlist, Liam Smith, was consummated for September 17th, Golden Boy Promotions and Alvarez have come under intense scrutiny for making this pay-per-view match-up and not facing Gennady Golovkin.
                    [Click Here To Read More]
                    Translation for Fishnets - "I want one more payday before Canelo gets destroyed by GGG. Alvarez told me he can make 154 after training for 4 months and eating lettuce. And he only puts on 15 or more pounds by fight night. So don't call him a middleweight."

Seriously though, Canelo is to 154, what Gatti was to 140lbs. Meaning, they're clinging to the last possible weight class (doing anything to make weight), in order to have a substantial strength advantage come fight night.

Comment

Originally posted by hectari View Post

1) It doesn't matter your walking around weight, you can be around 190 but if you can make 147 before the night of the fight, then technically you fighting next day as a welterweight. PERIOD.

2) Canelo has been a middleweight for 2 years, why? because he's fought @155 and that's middleweight.PERIOD

3) The fight will happen, trust me.

4) I really like Alvarez as a fighter but his last posturing has been very bad, and I don't support that, so hopefully fans and media keep exposing these points so the fight gets made ASAP.

5) If you gonna measure Canelo with a stick, measure GGG with the same stick, GGG hasn't been a risk-taker guy either.

6) I do like some fighters but I'm a fan of the sport before a fighter fan. The big fights need to happen.

7) Ward is P4P no- 1!

Comment

Working...
                      X