No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
    Sorry I didn't read it all. Just keep it short, and I'm sure you agree that better frontiers are at 168.
    Read the whole post and you'll get your answer, it will take about 30 seconds of your life.

Comment

I like this fight. From what I've seen of Eubank he can make a competitive fight with GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
        You cant blame GGG if the middleweights won't fight him though, I always hear people say he should move up and that's fine if that's their opinion but I don't like to see a guy get forced out of a division because the rest of the guys wont fight him. People say GGG needs to leave the division because he cant get great fights, I say they need to fight GGG or be held accountable for it instead of blaming him. The guys refusing to fight the best in their divisions should be getting **** on for this not the guy on top trying to fight them all and being turned down.
        I agree all the way. As a fan, I want the best fights and those in each division to face the division's best. The guys refusing to face Golovkin are the culprits- not GGG who has been willing to fight any of them. So, Saunders, Jacobs, Canelo, Cotto, Martinez and all the rest are to blame.

Chris Eubank, Jr. deserves praise but let's be honest. This is what any real fighter would do. Hats off to him since real fighters seem to be the minority these days.

Comment

Originally posted by anthonydavid11 View Post
          I agree all the way. As a fan, I want the best fights and those in each division to face the division's best. The guys refusing to face Golovkin are the culprits- not GGG who has been willing to fight any of them. So, Saunders, Jacobs, Canelo, Cotto, Martinez and all the rest are to blame.

Chris Eubank, Jr. deserves praise but let's be honest. This is what any real fighter would do. Hats off to him since real fighters seem to be the minority these days.
          You're right, I feel the same way, I have nothing but respect for Eubank if he takes the fight, I just hope he does, Eubank Sr. has me worried a bit after that stuff he was saying the other day about Sky and wanting more money. I was under the impression they agreed to the terms then Sr was saying they want more money. To be fair though Jr just sat there quiet so it might just be Sr. yapping a bit just to hear his own voice.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
            You're right, I feel the same way, I have nothing but respect for Eubank if he takes the fight, I just hope he does, Eubank Sr. has me worried a bit after that stuff he was saying the other day about Sky and wanting more money. I was under the impression they agreed to the terms then Sr was saying they want more money. To be fair though Jr just sat there quiet so it might just be Sr. yapping a bit just to hear his own voice.
            Haha. Yes, Sr. likes to do that. Personally, I never cared for Sr. I didn't like his style or his intimidation tactics when he'd walk out and just try to stare everyone down. I was happy when Steve Collins beat him along with Calzaghe. I'll enjoy Golovkin beating the son as well. I mean, Sr. stands in Jr's corner wearing a suit and looking like he has no business being in there. It's quite ridiculous.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              GGG has to stop this well they just dont want to fight me and are pricing themselves out speak that the GGG camp says.

I know fighters are avoiding him but GGG has to step in and pressure his people to make these fights, even if he has to take a little bit of a paycut to pay these guys a little more. Its called paying it forward. He takes a paycut now to make these fights happen so he can make bigger money down the line with even bigger opponents.

If his people start making fighters like BLS or Jacobs good offers and offer them there biggest payday and they still turn it down then his people need to put that out there and put them on blast.

All im saying is GGG needs to force his people to put money on the table for these fighters to fight him. If they are offering these guys amounts where they can make the same money fighting a lesser opponent then of course they will turn it down. GGG is not on a Canelo or Cotto level where he gets all the money and then his opponents get scraps.

IMO for a fight with Jacobs it should be around a 60-40 split with whatever money is on the table and the same with BJS. GGG expects it to be more like a 80-20 split with those guys which is not fair at all.
              Lmao, these dudes are asking for career high paydays though, many times wanting more than what GGG himself has made. Its not on him to dole out extra, its up to the opponents to grow some balls.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                nobody's running off Golovkin. again, if he stays at 160 fine, if he moves up, again, better objective convos about p4p. how does K2 justify merit for getting all the belts from 160? That's like saying some hip hop kid wants to be first to buy all the versions of a new nike shoe. unifications don't mean jack unless each council has a known champion. that's the point of Lineal or Ring status. Golovkin was promoted WBA and got the WBC gift. Beat Lemeiux for the IBF. So getting the WBO shows he beat Saunders to fulfill the legacy?

If Golovkin is as good as he says he is he will move up and defeat the next champion indisputably. That starts his greatness in the rut hole he is in now. Or else Lil'G is miles behind from Chavez Sr.
                Ward never moved up and people were/are calling him pound for pound number 1.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                  Lmao, these dudes are asking for career high paydays though, many times wanting more than what GGG himself has made. Its not on him to dole out extra, its up to the opponents to grow some balls.
                  Hey i totally agree. But GGG needs opponents and better than the ones he has been fighting lately.

I agree these guys dont deserve more money that GGG but GGG has to make the offer very sweet for them to take. As for a Jacobs fight, if you put it at the Barclay Center and up the asking price of the ticket along with the 2million HBO prlly would pay for it, i think there is enough money for GGG and still give Jacobs a career high payday without it being more than GGG's purse.

Bottom line is GGG needs better opponents and if guys are not willing to fight him then sweeten the pot a little more to pressure them. If they still turn it down put them on blast.

Comment

Originally posted by LeonSpinxMwfpce View Post
                    Ward never moved up and people were/are calling him pound for pound number 1.
                    Yeah but who did he beat in that process and compared to who's resume?

Comment

Originally posted by BillyBoxing View Post
                      Saunders is an akward southpaw, Eubank jr adjusted and kicked his ass from 6 to 12.

Saunders won't live forever of a SD win over a quite green Eubank.

Eubank is ranked numer 4 by BOXREC while Saunders is number 6 rightfully based on activity.
                      Yeah right. He was desperate & reckless in the last half knowing he'd lost! BJS won a tactically superior fight. He ran away with it in the first half & made Eubank look like a crude slugger. Superior boxing, Deal with it! Even CEJ said the better man won! Now he's about to lose to Golovkin too..

Comment

Working...
                      X