No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Derranged View Post
    And why should he stay at 160? There's nothing for him.
    been saying that for the longest, but it's actually fun nowadays to just coast at 160 like K2, so just go with the flow.

the lateness of VADA, Lil'G vs Lemieux... that was a funny one doe. Golovkin is 34 and a seasoned Middleweight. I don't see that guy going anywhere

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
      I love watching GGG fight. I think the guy is a tremendous fighter and I know he's the real deal.

I'm also tired of the competition level this guy is fighting. I know guys are ducking him and avoiding to fight him but GGG needs to start taking some blame. He can't keep saying these guys are pricing themselves out or avoiding him. He needs to start making offers that these fighters can't resist and I'm not talking about crazy amounts of money but amounts where if it is turned down make that stuff public.

As much as I love the guys fighting style, I want to see him in there with better comp. or I hate to say it but move up. There are a few fights at middleweight that would make him good money but also be able to make his opponent good money too. Fights with BJS and Jacobs is very sellable. I could careless about Canelo because dude wants nothing to do with GGG.

The Eubanks fight to me is an ok fight. It's better than what he's been in lately, so it's s decent fight but nothing spectacular. GGG should be able to handle him like past oppenents.
      You cant blame GGG if the middleweights won't fight him though, I always hear people say he should move up and that's fine if that's their opinion but I don't like to see a guy get forced out of a division because the rest of the guys wont fight him. People say GGG needs to leave the division because he cant get great fights, I say they need to fight GGG or be held accountable for it instead of blaming him. The guys refusing to fight the best in their divisions should be getting **** on for this not the guy on top trying to fight them all and being turned down.

Comment

Originally posted by titan m View Post
        You cant blame GGG if the middleweights won't fight him though, I always hear people say he should move up and that's fine if that's their opinion but I don't like to see a guy get forced out of a division because the rest of the guys wont fight him. People say GGG needs to leave the division because he cant get great fights, I say they need to fight GGG or be held accountable for it instead of blaming him. The guys refusing to fight the best in their divisions should be getting **** on for this not the guy on top trying to fight them all and being turned down.
        If a girl is raped this people would ask how the girl was dressed instead of blaming the rapist... that's how they are.

Comment

well for however long Lil'G stays at 160 people will stop to care and move on the next, and many will start to realize what others were saying all along.

Comment

GGG has to stop this well they just dont want to fight me and are pricing themselves out speak that the GGG camp says.

I know fighters are avoiding him but GGG has to step in and pressure his people to make these fights, even if he has to take a little bit of a paycut to pay these guys a little more. Its called paying it forward. He takes a paycut now to make these fights happen so he can make bigger money down the line with even bigger opponents.

If his people start making fighters like BLS or Jacobs good offers and offer them there biggest payday and they still turn it down then his people need to put that out there and put them on blast.

All im saying is GGG needs to force his people to put money on the table for these fighters to fight him. If they are offering these guys amounts where they can make the same money fighting a lesser opponent then of course they will turn it down. GGG is not on a Canelo or Cotto level where he gets all the money and then his opponents get scraps.

IMO for a fight with Jacobs it should be around a 60-40 split with whatever money is on the table and the same with BJS. GGG expects it to be more like a 80-20 split with those guys which is not fair at all.

Comment

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
              GGG has to stop this well they just dont want to fight me and are pricing themselves out speak that the GGG camp says.

I know fighters are avoiding him but GGG has to step in and pressure his people to make these fights, even if he has to take a little bit of a paycut to pay these guys a little more. Its called paying it forward. He takes a paycut now to make these fights happen so he can make bigger money down the line with even bigger opponents.

If his people start making fighters like BLS or Jacobs good offers and offer them there biggest payday and they still turn it down then his people need to put that out there and put them on blast.

All im saying is GGG needs to force his people to put money on the table for these fighters to fight him. If they are offering these guys amounts where they can make the same money fighting a lesser opponent then of course they will turn it down. GGG is not on a Canelo or Cotto level where he gets all the money and then his opponents get scraps.

IMO for a fight with Jacobs it should be around a 60-40 split with whatever money is on the table and the same with BJS. GGG expects it to be more like a 80-20 split with those guys which is not fair at all.
              I understand what you're saying I just don't agree with it, fights are only worth so much and its unreasonable to pay more for a fight than its worth for the people putting up the money. I haven't heard Jacobs or Saunders say anything about percentage splits for what's being offered for the fight, only Jacobs saying he doesn't want the fight right now and Saunders asking for millions, unless I missed something, which is definitely possible. I'm a fan of GGG, Jacobs and Saunders but I don't think GGG is wrong in this situation.

If you feel GGG is not on Cotto or Canelo's level you cant expect the guys he fights to drag in money as if they were fighting Cotto or Canelo either, that's why I say a fight is only worth what its worth. GGG only makes a couple million give or take himself per fight if I remember correctly so its unrealistic for guys he fights to make the money they expect to get to fight him, if they actually even want to fight him. It seems they want to be set up for life financially to even take the chance of stepping in with him, that's on them, but if they want to move up in the world and are confident in their abilty they should want to be the man to beat GGG, that would boost them quite high in the boxing world. Let's not forget neither one of them are superstars or crossover type stars themselves so once again,a fight is only worth what it's worth.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                well for however long Lil'G stays at 160 people will stop to care and move on the next, and many will start to realize what others were saying all along.
                What exactly will they realize? That nobody in the division wants to fight Golovkin out of fear of losing? Somehow you think that makes him look bad? If anybody wants any success at middleweight they have to fight GGG, that's a fact. Him having a whole division running doesn't make him look bad man and I cant see how anybody would think it does, but you expect him to skip the division and run from a bunch of guys that wont fight him?

Comment

What exactly will they realize? That nobody in the division wants to fight Golovkin out of fear of losing? Somehow you think that makes him look bad? If anybody wants any success at middleweight they have to fight GGG, that's a fact. Him having a whole division running doesn't make him look bad man and I cant see how anybody would think it does, but you expect him to skip the division and run from a bunch of guys that wont fight him?
                  They'll realize that more obvious challenges are moving north. But what would Sugar Ray Leonard or Robinson know about that... just sayin.

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                    They'll realize that more obvious challenges are moving north. But what would Sugar Ray Leonard or Robinson know about that... just sayin.
                    There are challenges north of every division but its only GGG you want to move up, why do you want the top guy ran out of a division by guys that refuse to fight him? To me that's insane, you should be coming down on the guys that wont fight the best in their division not a guy that wants to unify the middleweight division, you've got it backwards. What do Sugar Rays have to do with the middleweights today avoiding Golovkin?

Comment

Comment

Working...
                      X