No announcement yet.

Gennady Golovking

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by titan m View Post
    There are challenges north of every division but its only GGG you want to move up, why do you want the top guy ran out of a division by guys that refuse to fight him? To me that's insane, you should be coming down on the guys that wont fight the best in their division not a guy that wants to unify the middleweight division, you've got it backwards. What do Sugar Rays have to do with the middleweights today avoiding Golovkin?
    you make it sound like every Lil'G fan wants him to stay at 160. Dude's 34. Like I said, could care less if he stays, but if he moves up, better for him and more stabilized and objective convos about boxing's "Best."

Comment

There are challenges north of every division but its only GGG you want to move up, why do you want the top guy ran out of a division by guys that refuse to fight him? To me that's insane, you should be coming down on the guys that wont fight the best in their division not a guy that wants to unify the middleweight division, you've got it backwards. What do Sugar Rays have to do with the middleweights today avoiding Golovkin?
      It is quite obvious why. They want this playground cleared for Mayweather return. Even in his advanced age Mayweather stands a chance to outpoint some weak titlist and claim one more division. This is what they crave... But it is not happening while Golovkin stands in the way. So they parroting this "dare to be great and move up" mantra. But their motives are quite transparent...

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
        you make it sound like every Lil'G fan wants him to stay at 160. Dude's 34. Like I said, could care less if he stays, but if he moves up, better for him and more stabilized and objective convos about boxing's "Best."
        What I'm saying is a top guy shouldn't be ran out of a division he's obviously still comfortable at and wants to unify because the majority of the division refuses to fight him, its as simple as that. Fans complain about too many belts per division and there's never a true champion because of it but we have a guy now that is one title away from unifying middleweight and we have guys pissed off about it calling him coward and **** saying he needs to move up. on top of all that he's a hand full of fights away from breaking Hopkins title defense record as well, that's impressive on its own but no no he should move up right?

Comment

What I'm saying is a top guy shouldn't be ran out of a division he's obviously still comfortable at and wants to unify because the majority of the division refuses to fight him, its as simple as that. Fans complain about too many belts per division and there's never a true champion because of it but we have a guy now that is one title away from unifying middleweight and we have guys pissed off about it calling him coward and **** saying he needs to move up. on top of all that he's a hand full of fights away from breaking Hopkins title defense record as well, that's impressive on its own but no no he should move up right?
          nobody's running off Golovkin. again, if he stays at 160 fine, if he moves up, again, better objective convos about p4p. how does K2 justify merit for getting all the belts from 160? That's like saying some hip hop kid wants to be first to buy all the versions of a new nike shoe. unifications don't mean jack unless each council has a known champion. that's the point of Lineal or Ring status. Golovkin was promoted WBA and got the WBC gift. Beat Lemeiux for the IBF. So getting the WBO shows he beat Saunders to fulfill the legacy?

If Golovkin is as good as he says he is he will move up and defeat the next champion indisputably. That starts his greatness in the rut hole he is in now. Or else Lil'G is miles behind from Chavez Sr.

Comment

He needs to move up after this fight

Comment

nobody's running off Golovkin. again, if he stays at 160 fine, if he moves up, again, better objective convos about p4p. how does K2 justify merit for getting all the belts from 160? That's like saying some hip hop kid wants to be first to buy all the versions of a new nike shoe. unifications don't mean jack unless each council has a known champion. that's the point of Lineal or Ring status. Golovkin was promoted WBA and got the WBC gift. Beat Lemeiux for the IBF. So getting the WBO shows he beat Saunders to fulfill the legacy?

If Golovkin is as good as he says he is he will move up and defeat the next champion indisputably. That starts his greatness in the rut hole he is in now. Or else Lil'G is miles behind from Chavez Sr.
              Huh? Unifying the middleweight division is like a kid wanting to buy new Nike shoes? You think his legacy will be better defined by people having conversations about his mythical P4P status than if he unified the division and possibly breaks the title defense record at middleweight? Are you just ****ing with me or trolling me or some ****? In a few years nobody will remember who you or anybody else considered the P4P best of 2016 but they will remember a record breaking unified middleweight champion, I cant even believe I'm having this conversation to be honest.

It doesn't matter how he gets the belts, I'd rather see him collect them all in the ring and I'm sure he'd rather that as well but if the guys refuse to fight him it cant be helped. You think he should let guys who refuse to fight him dictate what he does with his career? Maybe if these guys would fight him he would've already unified and he'd be closer to moving up by now.

Out of curiosity who is he going to fight at 168 that will make him the P4P king and strengthen his legacy like you say? Lets be serious, there's nobody that does that at 168 right now anyway. If he collects a belt or two there he'd be a two division champion, impressive yes but its been done a million times now by a lot of fighters, its not a great accomplishment. It would be if he was unified champ in two divisions but in order to do that he needs to unify middleweight first.

Last time it was Sugar Ray now its Chavez, we're talking about Golovkin so what's your point? Who said Golovkin was greater than Chavez? There's not too many fighters I'd place above Chavez and definitely none that are still active, If we're measuring the caliber of current fighters by stacking up against Chavez, they all lose.

Comment

Huh? Unifying the middleweight division is like a kid wanting to buy new Nike shoes? You think his legacy will be better defined by people having conversations about his mythical P4P status than if he unified the division and possibly breaks the title defense record at middleweight? Are you just ****ing with me or trolling me or some ****? In a few years nobody will remember who you or anybody else considered the P4P best of 2016 but they will remember a record breaking unified middleweight champion, I cant even believe I'm having this conversation to be honest.

It doesn't matter how he gets the belts, I'd rather see him collect them all in the ring and I'm sure he'd rather that as well but if the guys refuse to fight him it cant be helped. You think he should let guys who refuse to fight him dictate what he does with his career? Maybe if these guys would fight him he would've already unified and he'd be closer to moving up by now.

Out of curiosity who is he going to fight at 168 that will make him the P4P king and strengthen his legacy like you say? Lets be serious, there's nobody that does that at 168 right now anyway. If he collects a belt or two there he'd be a two division champion, impressive yes but its been done a million times now by a lot of fighters, its not a great accomplishment. It would be if he was unified champ in two divisions but in order to do that he needs to unify middleweight first.

Last time it was Sugar Ray now its Chavez, we're talking about Golovkin so what's your point? Who said Golovkin was greater than Chavez? There's not too many fighters I'd place above Chavez and definitely none that are still active, If we're measuring the caliber of current fighters by stacking up against Chavez, they all lose.
                I ain't going to read it all that...

The fact that greats moved up because of competition and they felt fighting bigger men meant something is all I need to know why I love the sport vs a division everyone, including industry writers, have criticized. styles make fights. not reporting on which fighters don't want to fight because of low balled offers is boring drama

Comment

I ain't going to read it all that...

The fact that greats moved up because of competition and they felt fighting bigger men meant something is all I need to know why I love the sport vs a division everyone, including industry writers, have criticized. styles make fights. not reporting on which fighters don't want to fight because of low balled offers is boring drama
                  You read it, you just don't have a decent response. Styles make fights? What's that have to do with anything we're talking about? You're just losing credibility by the post. Have a good day.

Comment

Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
                    Saunders is more talented. Saunders has a better resume (CEJ, Lee) Saunders has a belt. Saunders is THE man in the UK right now not CEJ.

I don't care if you had it a draw. Saunders was schooling Eubank for the first half. Clearly a level above if he can maintain that throughout a fight but he seems to coast the last few rounds like the Lee fight too. Saunders HAS actually shown he is on a different level if you watch the fight. CEJ never got the upper hand in any sustained period of the fight really whereas BJS did. CEJ is just more bullish & has better physicality than Saunders but overall I'd say Saunders is a better natural talent.
                    Saunders is an akward southpaw, Eubank jr adjusted and kicked his ass from 6 to 12.

Saunders won't live forever of a SD win over a quite green Eubank.

Eubank is ranked numer 4 by BOXREC while Saunders is number 6 rightfully based on activity.

Comment

You read it, you just don't have a decent response. Styles make fights? What's that have to do with anything we're talking about? You're just losing credibility by the post. Have a good day.
                      Sorry I didn't read it all. Just keep it short, and I'm sure you agree that better frontiers are at 168.

Comment

Working...
                      X