No announcement yet.

Reporter asks Danny Jacobs how much money he was offered to fight GGG

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
    But you ignored Bradley. Bradley sells worse than Jacobs and got $1.5 for Chaves fighting in a bar in Vegas. But everytime he steps up in competition as the B-side his purse increases

Lomachenko got paid more as a undercard as Jacobs did as an undercard. He stepped up in competition for a title as the main even and got a pay increase. And the show sold like ****. Everybody takes a pay increase when they step up in competition as the main event. Offering Jacobs $1-$1.5 mil is laughable.
    That's not true anymore. Or the consistency is not there.

Thurman admitted getting a total of $2.7 million in his Collazo fight. He got $1.4 mil in the Porter fight. Lara got $1 mil each in the Rodriguez and Zaveck. He got $700K in the Vanes fight. What happened there?

Comment

But you ignored Bradley. Bradley sells worse than Jacobs and got $1.5 for Chaves fighting in a bar in Vegas. But everytime he steps up in competition as the B-side his purse increases

Lomachenko got paid more as a undercard as Jacobs did as an undercard. He stepped up in competition for a title as the main even and got a pay increase. And the show sold like ****. Everybody takes a pay increase when they step up in competition as the main event. Offering Jacobs $1-$1.5 mil is laughable.
      Bradley and Lomo have high minimums, and if Bob wants to pay them that much on Top Rank cards, then thats his business.

My point is that moving forward, NOBODY, including Haymon, is going to pay Jacobs north of $1 million. His value just isnt there.....

Comment

Originally posted by OnePunch View Post
        Bradley and Lomo have high minimums, and if Bob wants to pay them that much on Top Rank cards, then thats his business.

My point is that moving forward, NOBODY, including Haymon, is going to pay Jacobs north of $1 million. His value just isnt there.....
        Jacobs has a high minimum too. Why should he take a pay cut?

Comment

Originally posted by JQside View Post
          That's not true anymore. Or the consistency is not there.

Thurman admitted getting a total of $2.7 million in his Collazo fight. He got $1.4 mil in the Porter fight. Lara got $1 mil each in the Rodriguez and Zaveck. He got $700K in the Vanes fight. What happened there?
          Thurman got paid 100,000 less guaranteed purse for his Porter fight. We don't know what he got paid extra for this fight.

Lara purse dropped because it was a stacked card.

Comment

https://youtu.be/BgXTTGV7WUI?t=1m26s

The look on his face says it all.

Jacobs is saying, since you can't afford me allow me to build my name so we can have the fight on a platform that will pay for itself, which is PPV.

When HBO gave Golovkin his first showcase fight. A fight where they said pick whomever you want to pick and we'll give you a date. GGG picked Willie Monroe Jr and paid him $100,000 for an HBO World Championship Boxing fight on HBO in a sold out arena.
            So basically you're fueling your GGG hate through your interpretations of body language of other fighters. Don't you have better things to do than maintain this strange obsession?

Comment

These amateur boxing promotion experts in this thread make me laugh. Give it up.

Comment

Jacobs has a high minimum too. Why should he take a pay cut?
                no he doesnt. Haymon contracts do not have minimums

Comment

Thurman got paid 100,000 less guaranteed purse for his Porter fight. We don't know what he got paid extra for this fight.
                  So he's expected to get paid a total of more than $2.7 mil. Let's see what happens.
                  Lara purse dropped because it was a stacked card.
                  So it's not about risk like you said it is. Spend the extra money on undercards and Jacobs would consider reducing his asking price. I see.

So Jacobs should get $2.5 - 3 mil, what about GG, how much do you think he's worth in this fight?

Comment

So once again I'm asking you where (other than feelings) are you getting $5 million total revenue from? That means PPV/international broadcast, merchandising, sponsors and gate would equal $5 mil total? Jacobs is known in NY, Lemieux could walk down the street without being bothered.

If you don't feel the fight is PPV worthy then why push it now? It's obvious they can't pay Jacobs what he's worth ($1 mil is not a serious offer). The only way to pay what the fight is worth is PPV
                    Why do you think that Jacobs will EVER be a PPV star? the only way he manages to do that is by beating GGG convincingly. And I don't think that makes him a PPV star per se, that just puts him in the position to ask for 2 millions purses like GGG has now.
                    Another way is Jacobs being a man and forcing his mandatory status so he can get the GGG fight instead of telling the media that he wants more money. He was overpaid against Quillin, do you understand that or not? It wasn't a fight that generated the money to pay the fighters. No tv ratings, not much seats.

Comment

GGG - 3 mil
                      Jacobs - 1.5 mil

And why the F do we pay guys like it's the 80's. This isn't the 80's where the fight is a barn burner and everyone watches the highlights on CBS and NBC News.
                      Why don't the promoters or HBO pay the fighters for the views they get from the Facebook and Youtube views?

Obviously GGG gets more views than any other middleweight and if GGG keeps knocking guys out he deserves the post revenue too.

GGG vs Wade video on youtube got 1,092,405 views
                      Jacobs vs Quillin video on youtube got 486,412 views
                      Cotto vs Canelo youtube video got 302,237 views

We should reward this attention that the fights get afterward as well as the PPVs.

Look at the attention from the UFC where the Ronda-Holm KO and the Conor-Aldo KO probably got more attention then the actual PPV.

Comment

Working...
                      X