No announcement yet.

New welterweight rankings

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mathed View Post
    HAhahahahahaaha...exactly what I thought when I saw it. They should have a giant WW tourney so Bradley can beat them all fair and square.
    Haymon wants to keep his welters away from Bradley or nay real competition.

The list should look like:

Bradley
    Brook

Everyone else who has to prove themselves.

Comment

Originally posted by mlac View Post
      Yeah and not when he beat them.
      Chaves and Guerrero were. Chaves still was until he dropped off due to inactivity. Bundu is also top 15.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
        Thurman definitely has a better resume than Brook, no question, but head to head, I would probably favour Brook, I think he might be a better fighter all-round. Not 100% sure though, we need to see more of both guys at the top level
        He's bigger, longer reach, boxes real well. I could see it going Brook's way, but I can also see it going Thurman's. They just need to fight asap before Brook moves up to 154.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
          He's bigger, longer reach, boxes real well. I could see it going Brook's way, but I can also see it going Thurman's. They just need to fight asap before Brook moves up to 154.
          I don't see Thurman vs Brook ever being made tbh

I think Thurman vs Garcia will be the next big Thurman fight. Brook will wreck Vargas, after he does, he'll either fight Spence or move up. If he fights Spence he loses imo, if he moves up, then no Thurman fight.

Comment

Originally posted by KayDub View Post
            Chaves and Guerrero were. Chaves still was until he dropped off due to inactivity. Bundu is also top 15.
            Don't be ridiculous. he had one fight in 2 year's was practically semi retired and went life and death with D level brawler in kamegai, he then got dropped and battered by feather fisted journeyman martinez, if you think he was in his prime, you're deluded / dksab.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
              Thurman climbs above Porter but there's nothing else to say. I think we could be waiting a while for another clash of significance.
              I hope not. There is no reason Garcia should not fight Thurman after his next fight. No issues stand in the way.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
                1. Brook
                2. Thurman
                3. Porter
                4. Spence
                5. Vasquez
                6. Bradley
                7. Garcia
                8. Khan
                9. Ponomarev
                10. Vargas

What's everyone else got? You can easily switch Thurman and Brook around, Spence hasn't 'earned' a place in the top 5 yet, but based on skill, I think he may well be the top guy at 147.
                In terms of actual skills and the 'eye-test'... not a top ten, but a brackets system....
                [Brook, Spence]
                [Thurman, Porter, Bradley, Garcia]
                [Khan]
                [Vargas]
                I think the people in the above brackets would be favoured to beat the guys in the below brackets... and the guys in the same brackets are generally the same level and would be almost 50-50 fights.
                (I am aware this isn't 10 boxers... but I don't think there are any stand out names worth mentioning below these guys)

Comment

Originally posted by craigus1990 View Post
                  In terms of actual skills and the 'eye-test'... not a top ten, but a brackets system....
                  [Brook, Spence]
                  [Thurman, Porter, Bradley, Garcia]
                  [Khan]
                  [Vargas]
                  I think the people in the above brackets would be favoured to beat the guys in the below brackets... and the guys in the same brackets are generally the same level and would be almost 50-50 fights.
                  (I am aware this isn't 10 boxers... but I don't think there are any stand out names worth mentioning below these guys)
                  Good post, pretty much agree

Comment

Brook and Spence will by JMW soon.

Comment

1.Thurman
                      2.Bradley
                      3.Brook
                      4.Porter
                      5.Garcia
                      6.Khan
                      7.Vargas
                      8.Spence