Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

so many close rounds, had it a draw, but cant complain about the judges...

Comment

That **** was a ****ing robbery **** that!!!

Porter has a lot of flaws in his style yeah, that was a close fight but Shawn was that fighter who was putting the pressure most of the time
      Last edited by g27region; 06-25-2016, 10:50 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Dean_Razorback View Post
        i thought thurman won, a close fight. plus he was the champion and the favorite. still. felt he should have been robbed. too much running, dude shouldn't be mad if people call him run time
        Thurman didn't do any running in that fight. Seriously, be honest with what you saw.

Originally posted by Wreckless View Post
        This wasn't Brook-Porter were Brook clearly won. Porter won this 7-5.
        Stop lying. You know it was a clear win for Thurman.

Comment

Originally posted by TheCell8 View Post
          That's not always true.

This fight just had two opposing styles which made it great.

I can't imagine Postol and Crawford to be anywhere near as exciting as this.
          So I'm quoting you because frankly, Crawford is significantly more exciting to watch than Thurman OR Porter.

But IMO, I felt the fight wasn't all that. But I much prefer fights where one guy is clearly superior. You know, Crawford/Gamboa, Mayweather vs. whoever, Manny vs. anyone not named Floyd, Spence vs. whoever, Wilder vs. whoever, Joshua vs. whoever (although I felt he LET Breezy go through 7)...

I like domination and skill in the fight. Not just two guys playing rock-em-sock-em robots.

Comment

Thankfully Thurman came to fight not to clinch like Brook.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Punch-Out!! View Post
              Great fight! FOTY candidate for sure. Props to both.

Also, to anybody saying Porter was robbed and didn't lose that fight...STOP! It was a close fight but Thurman clearly got the win. He successfully fended off Porter's offense and landed the more significant shots. He buckled Porter's knees TWICE in that fight too. So really, nobody can make an argument that it was a robbery. It was a close fight and a great one but saying Porter was robbed is just plain ridiculous.
              People kill me with that "he buckeled his knees" like bro you don't get any extra points for "knee buckling" but it might win you the round.

Comment

great fight. it was close. thurman hit porter with the cleaner shots. the right man won.

Comment

You can't score smother holding and headlockin porter made it tough great fight but the judges gave it to the rite man ....

Comment

Originally posted by Wicky View Post
                    Thurman vs Brook is going to be outstanding and very competitive. Porter is an exceptionally solid sub-elite fighter
                    Brook wins that fight. He is too good right now.

Comment

Exactly. Brook kept Porter at bay with solid shot that had an effect on Porter. Shawn was able to walk through Keith who has a shit inside game. Porter manhandled and roughed Keith up on the inside. Had him in very bad shape at the end of the 8th. To say Thurman clearly won is just silly.

Comment

Working...
                      X