Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Keith Thurman Edges Shawn Porter To Win a War at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good entertaining fight. I saw it 115-113 for Porter, but it was a close fight, can't say it was a robbery. Keith threw the best punches, hurt Porter a few times, but I saw Porter outworking him for at least 7 rounds, making KT fight his fight. Wouldn't mind to see a rematch!

Comment

Thurman vs Brook is going to be outstanding and very competitive. Porter is an exceptionally solid sub-elite fighter

Comment

Great fight! FOTY candidate for sure. Props to both.

Also, to anybody saying Porter was robbed and didn't lose that fight...STOP! It was a close fight but Thurman clearly got the win. He successfully fended off Porter's offense and landed the more significant shots. He buckled Porter's knees TWICE in that fight too. So really, nobody can make an argument that it was a robbery. It was a close fight and a great one but saying Porter was robbed is just plain ridiculous.

Comment

It was a great fight. The judges had it right. Thurman was the better boxer with the more effective punches. I would love to see a rematch.

Comment

Good Fight

Comment

Great fight. Porter has a chin made of steel!! Hate his sloppy style tho. If a fighter were to wrap him up on the ropes he would be completly ineffective. I had Thurman winning but it was closer than the cards had it. Thurman does not wanna go through that again. Hopefully Thurman gets DSG next.

Comment

i thought thurman won, a close fight. plus he was the champion and the favorite. still. felt he should have been robbed. too much running, dude shouldn't be mad if people call him run time

Comment

It was a draw imo but can't argue with a decision win either way. You would figure that they would give it to Thurman anyways If the fight went a full 12rds and it was close because Thurman is the more marketable undefeated Champion fighter. now I guess it'll be Thurman vs Garcia or Thurman vs Brook maybe even Thurman vs Broner but ultimately the problem is Spence is coming...

Comment

Porter is one tough Mofo he got hit with some serious bombs from Thurman. Great fight.

Comment

This wasn't Brook-Porter were Brook clearly won. Porter won this 7-5.

Comment

Working...
                      X