Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
    Then he would have fought at 155... what's Liam Smith to him? Nothing, he's only fighting him because he has a belt, and Liam Smith has no pull whatsoever, can't demand nothing
    Promotional tactic by GBP. Fool the public into believing Smith is great because he has the WBO belt. At 155, it would have been a non-title fight and it doesn't sell as much.

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
      And he threw the belt in the trash you remember that? And still I seen you saying the fight has to be at 160 because Canelo's a middleweight. So him never fighting past 155 and never facing a 160 lber and him signing to fight for world title at 154 and still you can't admit this guy ain't no f ing middleweight. And if GGG only wanted to fight him because he held a WBC belt then why does he still want to fight Canelo today? Here's a clue because it never had jack to do with the belt and everyone knows Canelo ain't no damn middleweight GGG would rather try and fight a jr middleweight then move up his damn self and fight better fighters like I don't know Ward. If he was willing to live up to his word 154 or 168 he would of got a fight with Canelo and Ward and many others. Instead he used the I'm the A side excuse so Ward you have to fight me at 164 catchweight only to turn around and look like fool telling Canelo no catchweights are terrible for boxing fight me only at 160. Your excuses for GGG are running out. GGG kills fights then turns around and fights bums like Wade he will NEVER move up or down like he said to get bigger fights. He will never step up his competition. Enjoy Eubank it's all about belts oh wait Eubank don't have one. So why again is he still at 160 a dead division fighting dudes on house arrest?
      So be mad at Canelo for pretending to be something he isn't then. If he'd said "I'm not a MW" and handed back the WBC belt after he beat Cotto nobody would have said anything bad about him and the Mexican fans would still love him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
        If Ward was so serious about the fight he'd have moved to 160lbs but he wasn't serious about it, he turned it down the first time and he was all talk the second time.
        Lara.. you know what you don't warrant any more replies you're too thick skulled.
        Don't be a hypocrite. GGG said "anyone from 154-168". When Ward said 164 there was silence. Complete silence. Lara keeps calling him out. Again, complete silence.

Ward at 160? GTFO with that nonsense.

You Golovtards talk about Canelo being a coward, yet 97K has had a career of feasting on bums. What's his career defining fight? Who is his Legacy Opponent? Who's he going to fight next? I'll eat my shoe if he fights someone on the same level or better than Liam Smith.

Comment

• They will probably fight in Vegas but I could see this one headed to At&t stadium in Dallas or San Antonio at the Alamodome.
          Not a bad fight for Canelo. Picks up another title and will look good doing it.
          Meanwhile GGG fighting bum ass Eubank and now has to pay the WBC sanctioning fee to do it. All the titles in the world won't raise Mr. 97K's stock...

Comment

• Just running down the clock until GGG starts to look old.

Comment

• Enough said..

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
                So be mad at Canelo for pretending to be something he isn't then. If he'd said "I'm not a MW" and handed back the WBC belt after he beat Cotto nobody would have said anything bad about him and the Mexican fans would still love him.
                Now that I agree with and have already said as much. And really Cotto started this mess. If Cotto vacates it and fights Canelo early last year instead fighting Geale and insisting the belt be on the line purely for negotiations purpose to drive up the price with Canelo then he saves himself and canelo any of this drama. Vacating the belt and winning a title at 154 just proves what anyone with a brain knew from day one that he aint no middleweight. neither him or Cotto are middleweights and their fight together was going to be a huge event with or without the stupid belt. And Canelo never said he was a middleweight he just held a belt he won at 155 for 6 months. Floyd held a belt at 154 for 2 years without defending it at 154 having all his defenses at 147 or catchweight 152 and still NOBODY called Floyd a Jr Middleweight.
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-24-2016, 07:48 PM.

Comment

• Boring. Thought this was regular HBO for sure, and I still wouldn't have been interested.

Comment

• Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
                    Promotional tactic by GBP. Fool the public into believing Smith is great because he has the WBO belt. At 155, it would have been a non-title fight and it doesn't sell as much.
                    It doesn't sell much already....because it's ****.

Also if they care about title fights, him fighting a weight class below won't recover for him dropping a title after calling him out and saying Mexicans don't play around... because evidently they do

Comment

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                      Fact Liam Smith is BETTER then the man GGG just fought Wade, and the man GGG is fighting next Eubank. And better then the man he fought last year Monroe. Smith is better then 3 of the last 4 opponents GGG has faced and the 4th is lemeiux and it's debatable if he's better then Smith. that's the level GGG is at.
                      You can put him ahead because he has a title and is undefeated, but what else makes him "better"? This is the first time I've heard anyone speak highly of him because it's usually Callum who gets the attention.

Comment

Working...
                      X