Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Canelo is 25 and you upset he is not cleaning out and fighting all the top fighters at 160 by age 25?
    Canelo's been a pro for almost 11 years and he already has more fights than Trinidad had in his career, so let's stop talking like he's still green.

Canelo's probably going to try to wait Golovkin out at 154...but we'll see how long his weight allows him to do it.

Comment

• There can be no question that Canelo is now the biggest embarrassment in the sport. Great pay day for Liam Smith but his style is made to measure for Canelo, he'll need to prove to be very tough if he is to last the distance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
        Yet you root for GGG and his constant ducking of Ward and Lara and him fighting nothing but bums?

Doesn't compute.
        If Ward was so serious about the fight he'd have moved to 160lbs but he wasn't serious about it, he turned it down the first time and he was all talk the second time.
        Lara.. you know what you don't warrant any more replies you're too thick skulled.

Comment

• Man boy are we blessed we get to see canelo again in another spectacular fight.

Comment

• Ppv wtf

I am more pissed that this keep busy fight is on PPV more than anything else. I do come to expect better competition with Canelo but everyone fights nobody's when there the king but PPV... REALLY?

Comment

• Originally posted by Mitchell Kane View Post
              Canelo's been a pro for almost 11 years and he already has more fights than Trinidad had in his career, so let's stop talking like he's still green.

Canelo's probably going to try to wait Golovkin out at 154...but we'll see how long his weight allows him to do it.
              It has NOTHING to do with the amount of fights and everything to do with the age. Not sure you realize it but the older you get the harder it is to cut weight and that is why older fighters tend to move up in weight. He's 25 and can still make 154 so why the F does he need to move up to 160 just because GGG and his dumb fans say so? Meanwhile GGG is 34 and refuse to move up or down a single pound to make better fights. Trinidad cut tons of weight for years to make 147 and didn't move until he was 28 but really you sitting here bashing Canelo who is 25 for not jumping to 160? SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by DJ_Quaaludes View Post
                First of all, we don't know he can clearly make 154. The logic is he's made 155 a lot recently, and it's only 1 pound. But the fact remains he hasn't been at 154 in a WHILE, and there is a reason for that. And that is because that extra pound is HARD for him to do. Not impossible, but HARD. He could negotiate his extra pound into things because he had the star power to do so. If that pound meant nothing to him, he wouldn't have negotiated it.

That being said, I think he will come in on weight vs. Smith. It will be HARD for him to do, but he will be motivated to try to fit your narrative.

You were the one bringing up weight as a potential reason the fight isn't happening....that Canelo is a JMW and not a MW. Why did Canelo say he would fight GGG at 160 then? What was that for? Why if he is really a JMW is he saying he is 'prepping' his body for MW? What does that even mean when your first step in preparing is to take on Liam Smith?

I think we've reached the end my friend.
                Last time Canelo tried to make 154, against Angulo, he failed and has been at 155 ever since. So yeah, it's not clear at all that he can still make it comfortably. Everything points the other way, as a matter of fact.

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
                  If Ward was so serious about the fight he'd have moved to 160lbs but he wasn't serious about it, he turned it down the first time and he was all talk the second time.
                  Lara.. you know what you don't warrant any more replies you're too thick skulled.
                  And if GGG was so serious about the fight he'd moved to 155 and fought Canelo but he wasn't serious about it. Everyone for some foolish reason needs to go and fight GGG on his terms even though this idiot can't even sell 150K ppvs and is 34 years old? SMH

Comment

• Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
                    Dang man, where have you been?
                    Just chilling. I still like some people here like you.... but this place went downhill IMO, so I took a break.

Comment

• So if Khanelo was a bust on PPV.. how does this one do?

Comment

Working...
                      X