Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Alvarez vs. Liam Smith Finalized at 154, 9/17 on PPV

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Stop Fury could cut off his leg and never make 154 and stop with the exaggerations comparing a career heavyweight to a man who has to lose 1 pound. Aint nobody starving themselves to cut 1 pound when he is 25 years old and NEVER fought above 155 his entire career as a pro or amateur. Sorry this doesn't play into the BS narrative you been screaming for almost a year that Canelo is somehow a middleweight and now he is proving you wrong fighting for a championship at 154. And sad you still can't answer a straight question. If Canelo makes 154 how the F can you still with a straight face call him a middleweight?
    What the fuck does it matter whether I call Canelo a MW if he makes 154 or not?

He was fighting in the MW division and calling himself the WBC and lineal MW champion of the world. That's why he was ordered to either fight GGG or give up his belt by the WBC. Haven't you heard about that?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
      Making history dropping down in weight in line too unify and become Lineal AGAIN #levels.
      In 2010, the WBA ordered a fight between GGG and Anthony Mundine for the vacant MW title.

Mundine shamelessly ducked GGG and ran away to 154 claiming that he was a "pioneer" seeking to win multiple world titles at smaller weight levels

Australian fight fans knew a duck when they saw one and ridiculed him

Canelo is Anthony Mundine and I claim my $5

Comment

• Originally posted by Tomjas View Post
        In 2010, the WBA ordered a fight between GGG and Anthony Mundine for the vacant MW title.

Mundine shamelessly ducked GGG and ran away to 154 claiming that he was a "pioneer" seeking to win multiple world titles at smaller weight levels

Australian fight fans knew a duck when they saw one and ridiculed him

Canelo is Anthony Mundine and I claim my $5
        Dont you EVER put Mundine in the same sentence as the gawd..the resumes dont even come close.STFU!

Comment

• Canelo will probably weight in higher than 154 and pay a fine to Smith. Canelo doesn't care about the belt as he will move up to 160 after the fight. Then for his december return at 160, he will fight another bum. Don't forget his level of competition needs to be subpar because the GGG fight is at stake for next year. For his May, 2017 fight, it will most likely be Lemieux. Lemieux will get a couple of wins before May in order to make the PPV sellable. When Sept. 2017 rolls around, Canelo vs GGG!!!

Comment

• Originally posted by kafkod View Post
            What the fuck does it matter whether I call Canelo a MW if he makes 154 or not?

He was fighting in the MW division and calling himself the WBC and lineal MW champion of the world. That's why he was ordered to either fight GGG or give up his belt by the WBC. Haven't you heard about that?
            And he threw the belt in the trash you remember that? And still I seen you saying the fight has to be at 160 because Canelo's a middleweight. So him never fighting past 155 and never facing a 160 lber and him signing to fight for world title at 154 and still you can't admit this guy ain't no f ing middleweight. And if GGG only wanted to fight him because he held a WBC belt then why does he still want to fight Canelo today? Here's a clue because it never had jack to do with the belt and everyone knows Canelo ain't no damn middleweight GGG would rather try and fight a jr middleweight then move up his damn self and fight better fighters like I don't know Ward. If he was willing to live up to his word 154 or 168 he would of got a fight with Canelo and Ward and many others. Instead he used the I'm the A side excuse so Ward you have to fight me at 164 catchweight only to turn around and look like fool telling Canelo no catchweights are terrible for boxing fight me only at 160. Your excuses for GGG are running out. GGG kills fights then turns around and fights bums like Wade he will NEVER move up or down like he said to get bigger fights. He will never step up his competition. Enjoy Eubank it's all about belts oh wait Eubank don't have one. So why again is he still at 160 a dead division fighting dudes on house arrest?

Comment

• Originally posted by 1hourRun View Post
              Dont you EVER put Mundine in the same sentence as the gawd..the resumes dont even come close.STFU!
              Quack Quack

Comment

• Sooo many other fights at 154 he could have made that would have been better than this....

Comment

• Originally posted by mercadojglb View Post
                  Canelo will probably weight in higher than 154 and pay a fine to Smith. Canelo doesn't care about the belt as he will move up to 160 after the fight. Then for his december return at 160, he will fight another bum. Don't forget his level of competition needs to be subpar because the GGG fight is at stake for next year. For his May, 2017 fight, it will most likely be Lemieux. Lemieux will get a couple of wins before May in order to make the PPV sellable. When Sept. 2017 rolls around, Canelo vs GGG!!!
                  Then he would have fought at 155... what's Liam Smith to him? Nothing, he's only fighting him because he has a belt, and Liam Smith has no pull whatsoever, can't demand nothing

Comment

• Lmaoooooooo and y'all think he gonna go to 160 next fall? When u have all these 154lbers he can work with after he gets the WBO belt?

Comment

• Originally posted by kilojay505 View Post
                      Sooo many other fights at 154 he could have made that would have been better than this....
                      Smith is better then GGG's last opponent and better then his next opponent Eubank. So why ain't GGG making better fights? Matter fact he is better then most of the opponents GGG fights.

Comment

Working...
                      X