Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hunter: Brand wasn't the first choice. Skoglund refused VADA testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Slightly off topic, but i'm glad to see Cleverly fight Brauhmer.
    He's lost 2 of his last 3, and that last one was a bit of a gruelling fight. So i'm glad he's taking an 'easier' fight, and a shot at another world title (albeit a 'regular' one).

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      Brand is going to put a beating on Ward.

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
      Wtf bro didn't you say you were a warriors fan?

BostonGuy hahahahhaah

Comment

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
        Can't you read..?

Better guys turned Ward down...including one of those Russians ya'll drool over....Shabransky.
        I can read you stupid fuking Ahole. I just don't believe a bunch of lying BS. when I read it. That no light heavyweight better than Brant is willing to take Vada tests and fight Ward is pure horse****. Brant is about as tough a fighter as cherrypickers Ward and Hunter are willing to fight right now. You are damn right I like top Russian area boxers like GGG, Kovalev and Loma while you drool over Mr.Excitement Andre Ward. When Ward has had enough practice fights and actually fights Kovalev, who has been ready to fight Ward since the day Ward moved to 175, you will see why I like Kovalev. I will like whatever fighters I chose to like and could give a fuc less what an idiot in red says about it.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          The choices were

Skoglund-refused VADA testing

Cleverly-took more money to fight Brauehmer

Sharbanskyy-ducked by pricing himself out of the fight

Others just flat out refused the fight

Excuses. They wanted to fight a SMW at LHW, now they got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
            The first choice was yet again another tune up? Jesus!!
            There are 2 champs at 175 so basically everyone except those 2 are tune-ups for Ward whether ranked #4 or 500 because thats just the Andre Ward standard because he is that good.

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
              There are 2 champs at 175 so basically everyone except those 2 are tune-ups for Ward whether ranked #4 or 500 because thats just the Andre Ward standard because he is that good.
              I wish there were more true boxing fans on here and not this crap.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I can read you stupid fuking Ahole. I just don't believe a bunch of lying BS. when I read it. That no light heavyweight better than Brant is willing to take Vada tests and fight Ward is pure horse****. Brant is about as tough a fighter as cherrypickers Ward and Hunter are willing to fight right now. You are damn right I like top Russian area boxers like GGG, Kovalev and Loma while you drool over Mr.Excitement Andre Ward. When Ward has had enough practice fights and actually fights Kovalev, who has been ready to fight Ward since the day Ward moved to 175, you will see why I like Kovalev. I will like whatever fighters I chose to like and could give a fuc less what an idiot in red says about it.
                but you believe everyone ducking GGG though? even though there has been fighters calling him out from 154-168 that were available before some of his fights were signed

Chilemba isnt available, Fonfara lost to a no name.....Breahmer and cleverly is signed....the guy who shocked rodriquez is fighting Stevenson....who are all these top light heavyweights that are AVAILABLE he can fight?

lol how can you call Ward a cherrypicker but defend GGG who has not defeated one elite fighter in 35 fights?

Comment

Originally posted by Boxfan83 View Post
                  ^^^^^^

cant say history doesnt repeat itself.....for mayweather it was Manny or bust, even when the guy was fighting top rated titlists/champions like Mosley, Maidana, Cotto Guerrero, no one was good enough unless it was Manny since 2009

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                    Brauhmer makes good money in Germany. That's why he never leaves. Klitschko, Abraham, and Sturm have all made a good living fighting in Germany. Then you got guys like Barrera and Rodriguez getting career paydays against Ward.
                    great post!!! 100% facts

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                      I don't get this. Last time, Ward fought Kovalev's mandatory while Kovalev fought that no-hoper Pascal. Had it been reversed, people would have bashed Ward over Pascal and praised Kovalev for a good win over a tough, undefeated fighter.

I'd love to see Ward fight someone more interesting than Brand but, really, who are they going to get in there with him that preps him for a Kovalev fight?
                      Bararra was Kovalev's mando for the same reason Wade was Golovkin's ... higher ranked fighters turned down the job.

If Barerra had fought Kovalev it would have been viewed in the same way as GGG/Wade, and very likely have had a similar outcome.

Comment

Working...
                      X