No announcement yet.

Hunter: Brand wasn't the first choice. Skoglund refused VADA testing

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boxinghead530 View Post
    What does that say about Wards true star power and money revenue making when Cleverly can make more money fighting a no name Brauhmer? Pathetic
    Brauhmer makes good money in Germany. That's why he never leaves. Klitschko, Abraham, and Sturm have all made a good living fighting in Germany. Then you got guys like Barrera and Rodriguez getting career paydays against Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
      Absolutely not. Pascal is a joke and has been for years. His only victory in the longest time is Bute, who he struggled with. Bute is pretty much a running joke at this point and that's Pascal's best win in 6 YEARS! lol
      In that time, Ward has beat several guys more meaningful than Bute, despite spending half that time in litigation.
      Actually in the last 6 years the biggest win of Pascals was his win over the then undefeated Chad Dawson, the Blueprint was set. Ruined the guy mentally.
      So in the last 6 years what 2 Wins of Andre Wards are more impressive?

Comment

Originally posted by KeyboardWarrior View Post
        Actually in the last 6 years the biggest win of Pascals was his win over the then undefeated Chad Dawson, the Blueprint was set. Ruined the guy mentally.
        So in the last 6 years what 2 Wins of Andre Wards are more impressive?
        You failed to understand the timeline. That was 6 years ago. Since then, Pascal has done nothing. Meanwhile, in that time Ward schooled prime Carl Froch, Abraham (when that meant something), Dawson (right after Dawson dominated Hopkins, but that couldn't have happened because you're pretending Dawson was mentally ruined), and I think prime Bika might have been within that 6 year range. Hell, even Barrera is better than anyone Pascal beat since Dawson.

Kovalev is fantastic, but don't act like beating Pascal is anything meaningful.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
          The choices were

Skoglund-refused VADA testing

Cleverly-took more money to fight Brauehmer

Sharbanskyy-ducked by pricing himself out of the fight

Others just flat out refused the fight

my bad, i think you beat me to it

Comment

The guy Ward is fighting is 39 years old and unranked except by boxrec who ranks him 24th at 168.Ward will win easily but beating Brand won't do much to prepare him to fight the K monster.

Comment

Originally posted by stuff jones View Post
              Pascal is better than anyone Ward has fought in years.

Fu.ck outta' here with that hate-blinded nonsense.

Comment

Originally posted by Redd Foxx View Post
                You failed to understand the timeline. That was 6 years ago. Since then, Pascal has done nothing. Meanwhile, in that time Ward schooled prime Carl Froch, Abraham (when that meant something), Dawson (right after Dawson dominated Hopkins, but that couldn't have happened because you're pretending Dawson was mentally ruined), and I think prime Bika might have been within that 6 year range. Hell, even Barrera is better than anyone Pascal beat since Dawson.

Kovalev is fantastic, but don't act like beating Pascal is anything meaningful.
                Calm down.......

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                  The guy Ward is fighting is 39 years old and unranked except by boxrec who ranks him 24th at 168.Ward will win easily but beating Brand won't do much to prepare him to fight the K monster.
                  Can't you read..?

Better guys turned Ward down...including one of those ******ns ya'll drool over....Shabransky.

Comment

To say that there is no light heavyweight better than Brant who is willing to be tested by Vada and fight Ward shows YOU don't know **** about boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                      Brauhmer makes good money in Germany. That's why he never leaves. Klitschko, Abraham, and Sturm have all made a good living fighting in Germany. Then you got guys like Barrera and Rodriguez getting career paydays against Ward.
                      There is definitely revenue to be made in Germany for sure. But regardless when you are arguably the P4P best in boxing and best American fighter right now it is still pathetic that someone can make more money fighting a no name guy in Germany.

As far as Barrera and Rodrigues making career high paydays, well of course they did. They were never champion and don't have a following so of course they will make the most in their career vs Ward.

I'm not knocking Ward because I love watching him fight but to me when s cleverly can make more money against Brauhmer than against Ward, well to me that is pathetic.

Comment

Working...
                      X