Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I think I know what the problem is.

You are projecting YOUR fear onto a grown man who chose to be a professional fighter.

You don't need to worry, Ward is not scared, like you know YOU would be.
    I wouldn't be scared if I was fighting Kovalev. Nobody would expect me to do anything but get KTFO very quickly, and I would be a lot richer when I woke up than I was when I went to sleep.

Ward has a lot more to lose than I would have. His reputation and future earning power would be badly affected if he got KTFO by Krusher, which is what I would expect to happen if the fight goes ahead.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kigali View Post
      You can't even make it past two sentences before you go dead as.s-backwards wrong

Dawson OFFERED to fight Ward at 168,dummy...Ward did not drain him...stupid.

To this day....GGG's best, most decorated,accomplished,opponent is Kassim Ouma.

Murray and Macklin could barely make it past Felix Sturm...a guy that was damned near killed by Javier Castillejo's ghost

Lil Cotto beat Geale and didn't even get touched.
      Kigali this tha problem wit posters like you. You call out other people for inconsistency, when there isn't any. The dude said "Ward beat drained Dawson," which is true. Dawson was drained. He never said Dawson didn't volunteer, just said it worked out in Ward's favor and Dawson was drained.

So you call that isht out, but then you pull isht like this:

Lil Cotto beat Geale and didn't even get touched.
      without ever mentioning that Cotto drained Geale. See what I'm saying? In defending Ward, you make it relevant than Dawson volunteered to get drained, he wasn't forced, but then when insulting GGG by mentioning other matchups his former opponents struggled in, you don't make it relevant that Geale was forced by Cotto to fight below 160 if he wanted the fight.

This what yall don't get because no one explains it to you or you just make excuses for yourselves,but yall are the inconsistent ones. I just proved it and there are a million examples in every post you make. So yall always getting in arguments with other boxing fans acting like they're fanboys or not being fair, but look! I just showed you, very clearly, that yall the ones not being fair, and yall the ones to blame for these arguments. Once you, not them, stop making inconsistent arguments, then you'll see that once you see proper logic, the people you been arguing with have been right the whole time, you just didn't see it cuz your logic was always flawed and inconsistent. You think they're fan boys or racists or whatever, but they're just fair, consistent, and logical. It's been you the whole time making the inconsistent arguments, being the biased ones, but you could never see it. Well I just showed you very clearly that it's you.

Comment

• Wow what a joke of a fight, I agree this is 3 tune ups. Barrera was a legit fight. Brand is slow tomato can who can even throw sharp punches.

This is a Joke and Ward is NOT p4p #1.

wow still amazed at this match up.

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Logic View Post
          Kigali this tha problem wit posters like you. You call out other people for inconsistency, when there isn't any. The dude said "Ward beat drained Dawson," which is true. Dawson was drained. He never said Dawson didn't volunteer, just said it worked out in Ward's favor and Dawson was drained.

So you call that isht out, but then you pull isht like this:

without ever mentioning that Cotto drained Geale. See what I'm saying? In defending Ward, you make it relevant than Dawson volunteered to get drained, he wasn't forced, but then when insulting GGG by mentioning other matchups his former opponents struggled in, you don't make it relevant that Geale was forced by Cotto to fight below 160 if he wanted the fight.

This what yall don't get because no one explains it to you or you just make excuses for yourselves,but yall are the inconsistent ones. I just proved it and there are a million examples in every post you make. So yall always getting in arguments with other boxing fans acting like they're fanboys or not being fair, but look! I just showed you, very clearly, that yall the ones not being fair, and yall the ones to blame for these arguments. Once you, not them, stop making inconsistent arguments, then you'll see that once you see proper logic, the people you been arguing with have been right the whole time, you just didn't see it cuz your logic was always flawed and inconsistent. You think they're fan boys or racists or whatever, but they're just fair, consistent, and logical. It's been you the whole time making the inconsistent arguments, being the biased ones, but you could never see it. Well I just showed you very clearly that it's you.

Dude it's boxingscene where only the convenient facts get used..you could sit here all day long and see that same pattern repeated over and over and over and over again.

Comment

• he really had his heart set on fighting this guy, lol.

4 awful fights in a row.

At least Kovalev is next but my God! Ward has virtually got money for nothing recently. Barrera is the only one of his opponents that he'd probably use for sparring. That has to be wrong. HBO's fault though clearly.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
              he really had his heart set on fighting this guy, lol.

4 awful fights in a row.

At least Kovalev is next but my God! Ward has virtually got money for nothing recently. Barrera is the only one of his opponents that he'd probably use for sparring. That has to be wrong. HBO's fault though clearly.
              How did you figure this out?

Comment

• Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
                Purely to stay busy.

I get it but I don't like it mainly because i worry of a cut or injury that could potentially delay the big fight. I don't think it's necessary, sparring partners probably will prepare him better than this.
                This^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

• 15 pages ... I'm good

Comment

• Who is this brand dude? Ward is almost as bad as wilder.

Comment

• Originally posted by MDPopescu View Post
                      How did you figure this out?
                      The talent discrepency between him and his opponents is vast. Other than Barrera who was a decent operator.

I am not criticising HIM - he's living the dream and earning the fruits of previous labour. I am crticising that deal he signed.

For me, and most probably most people you want to work (and boxing is his job) within your level of competancy. In fact, you want to be comfortably within your level of competancy. Ideally, you want to be paid well and find your job easy. That is the ultimate.

In my own profession - admittedly - I chose it. I am absolutely at the limit of competancy.

Do you reckon this Brand fellow is keeping him up at night? Relatively speaking, I think it virtually is money for nothing. He beats Brand easily.

I am straight up jealous of Andre Ward!

It is fine because Kovalev is upcoming and that is the best fight in boxing. From a fan's perspective that makes it just about o.k.

Comment

Working...
                      X