Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Terrible fight but we all know Kovalev is next.

Comment

Lol. Ward finally got his fight against Brand.

Preparing for #1 LHW in the world with the help of a 39 year old SMW. Niceeeeeee.

Comment

This is on HBO.....and Crawford/Postol is on PPV... they're banking hard on Kov/Ward

Comment

Originally posted by Mr.Fantastic View Post
          I'm not racist at all. I just tell it how it is you sensitive twat. Four tune ups, no excuses. Not one, not two, not three, but FOUR fucking tune ups. This is the guy you dudes put on a pedestal as the #1 P4P. Yet I'm racist for being upset as a boxing fan? FOH!
          Uh, I count 3 tune-ups: Smith, Barrera & Brand.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
            Uh, I count 3 tune-ups: Smith, Barrera & Brand.
            Yea let's pretend Rodriguez had a chance. Even before that with Dawson, who had to go down in weight to face him.

Comment

Originally posted by Hougigo View Post
              This is on HBO.....and Crawford/Postol is on PPV... they're banking hard on Kov/Ward
              They're banking hard on Kovalev beating Andre Ward, and that subsequently launching Kovalev into being a fighter who brings money to the network.

Ward gets the second fight out of the way and "after Kovalev flattens Ward" (HBO's thinking), they won't have to bother with paying Andre Ward anymore and they can continue to lever Kathy Duva's reliance on HBO to deliver an asset to the network on the cheap.

Comment

Building up.

I'm so damn sure(because you dudes are so predictable) that if Ward and Kovalev don't fight this year, dudes like you would defend the next Ward tune up.

That's fucking PATHETIC coming from the so called best in the world.

When the hell did someone like Pacquiao had four tune ups in a row?
                He had 2 in a row..Rios, Algeri...and he wasnt out for as long as Ward..chill the **** out

Comment

They should of just did a split site double header like De La Hoya/Sturm and Hopkins/Allen 3 and Roy Jones/Glen Kelly and Hopkins/Carl Daniels.

Ward/Kovalev is in desperate need of some promo and Kovalev fighting on Monday night in Russia against a no-name and Ward fighting a random bum one month later isn't going to build this fight to where it needs to be.

You can tell these are inexperienced promoters who can't handle big fights. Can you imagine if this was being promoted by Arum, King or Golden Boy? The casual interest in this fight will not live up to the talent that will be in the ring on November 19th unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by SUBZER0ED View Post
                    I honestly believe that Ward finds a way to put off fighting Kovalev until next year. Some kind of injury or promoter BS. Watch.
                    It will happen in November...if not then we can complain then

Comment

Yea let's pretend Rodriguez had a chance. Even before that with Dawson, who had to go down in weight to face him.
                      The Rodriguez fight was in 2013. Has nothing to do with the 3 fight deal with HBO leading up to the fight with Kovalev.

Comment

Working...
                      X