Comments Thread For: Andre Ward vs. Alexander Brand, August 6th at Oracle Arena

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BodiesInFlight View Post
    Both Cleverly and Brand are crap.

Both Ward and Kov had their tune ups and neither were injured. The fight is good to go so why as a fan do you defend more tune ups?
    who was available besides Brand? Idk personally but most of the guys i do know who got approached turned it down or priced themselves out

I made a thread the other day and I would have rather he fight smith jr who beat Fonfara.....well it wouldnt be good for smith but it would have been a great opportunity

Comment

• Oh my God , he is fighting Brand... Who i don't even know who the f he is. But that is great!

Big Balls Ward! New nickname!

Big Balls Ward!

Comment

• Originally posted by Deletrious View Post
        Man this does not at all prepare him for Kovalev, I almost wonder if it would be better just to prep for Kovalev for 5 months instead of having to fight a completely different style in the interim. I mean it's not like ward gets fat between fights and needs a stay busy to get in shape
        This fight is more about Ward getting his timing than about Kovalev. Ward will adjust doing the fight with Kov, like he does in every fight.

Comment

• VIRGIL HUNTER EXPLAINS

Comment

• Originally posted by Freedom2016 View Post
            Exactly, nobody is ducking Ward here this Kovalev fight could have happened at any given time but Ward has held it off with him saying he needs three tune-up fights.

Ward fans kind of confuse me I just don't get how stupid they can be, they think Ward would happily fight GGG at any given time but here he is asking for three tune-up fights (wasting a year) to eventually fight Sergey Kovalev?

Ward is a grade-A liar and his fans well they're pretty dumb after all they're defending a guy who lost how many court cases?
            So basically Ward is as idiotic as his fanbase.
            Lets be fair. Ward was in litigation( law suit) with his promoter for what like almost two years. No fighting. I submit to you and everyone else here that easing back into championship level fights is the way to do it and smart on wards part. One cannot not jump into a high a high caliber fight (kovalev or ggg) being out the game for a long time. His record and literally his life is at stake. A few tune ups is all but fair.
            To be even more fair he'smovng up to fight an extremely dangerous fighter. In fact the most dangerous fighter in kovalev's division. He's not gunning for another of the champs he after the man. If he was scared ward would stay at 168 waiting for ggg. Kovalev, I assure you is three times more dangerous for Ward than ggg size wise. Ward to his credit moved up aiming for the most dangerous guy there is. Scared, he is not.

Comment

• Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
              Lets be fair. Ward was in litigation( law suit) with his promoter for what like almost two years. No fighting. I submit to you and everyone else here that easing back into championship level fights is the way to do it and smart on wards part. One cannot not jump into a high a high caliber fight (kovalev or ggg) being out the game for a long time. His record and literally his life is at stake. A few tune ups is all but fair.
              To be even more fair he'smovng up to fight an extremely dangerous fighter. In fact the most dangerous fighter in kovalev's division. He's not gunning for another of the champs he after the man. If he was scared ward would stay at 168 waiting for ggg. Kovalev, I assure you is three times more dangerous for Ward than ggg size wise. Ward to his credit moved up aiming for the most dangerous guy there is. Scared, he is not.
              ^^^^ I dont know what some people dont get....Just like Mikey Garcia, he was on the rise...man he was one of my favorite fighter and Poof....loses 2 years of his prime because of legal matters

we may not like it but cant just act like Wards litigation and surgery didnt happen

If anyone thinks Garcia will be jumping in out the gate with Crawford, Postol, Crolla, etc dont really know much about boxing.

You dont throw your fighter in their with a top fighter without knowing where they are if they have been inactive

Comment

• Ward fighting in August Not Sure Ward/Kov happens this year

With Ward fighting in Aug. I'm not sure they fight this year. If so I would guess Dec. More likely they'll fight early next year. We'll have to wait and see.

Comment

• Lets be fair. Ward was in litigation( law suit) with his promoter for what like almost two years. No fighting. I submit to you and everyone else here that easing back into championship level fights is the way to do it and smart on wards part. One cannot not jump into a high a high caliber fight (kovalev or ggg) being out the game for a long time. His record and literally his life is at stake. A few tune ups is all but fair.
                  Great post but you're wasting time responding to guys like Freedom2016. People like that are only looking to troll.......

Comment

• Originally posted by firstborn View Post
                    Great post but you're wasting time responding to guys like Freedom2016. People like that are only looking to troll.......
                    notice how they stopped posting when someone used common sense

lets face it....they dont like ward for their own personal reasons....maybe because he was a threat to GGG, but they should be thankful he moved up to 175

On to "killer" kov....a fighter who actually has a chance to beat Ward

Comment

• Originally posted by goldenbear View Post
                      With Ward fighting in Aug. I'm not sure they fight this year. If so I would guess Dec. More likely they'll fight early next year. We'll have to wait and see.
                      if both guys come out without major cuts or injuries im sure it'll happen in novemeber

it'll give them a month to chillax and 2 months+ to train....they both have had to do that anyway in their career but earlier on.....actually I think this will ensure they are both sharp...better than them sitting back and both have 10 months of rust since they haven't fought since the 1st quarter of the year.

Comment

Working...
                      X