Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Joe Smith With a Shocker, Destroys Andrzej Fonfara in One Round

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• now we know why fonfarra turned down kovalev. he made a good run fighting stiffs and overrated fighters like chavez jr. now its over.

Comment

• Originally posted by daggum View Post
      now we know why fonfarra turned down kovalev. he made a good run fighting stiffs and overrated fighters like chavez jr. now its over.
      Weren't you dying for GGG to fight the overrated Chavez Jr?

Comment

• Always a treat when a white American can contribute to the country's boxing standing. I just saw the highlights and it looked like Smith was hurt before scoring the first KD. I'm interested in seeing where he goes from here.

Comment

• Steve Kim and Dan Rafael are anti Al Haymon. Disrespectful in the whole build up. The only thing they should do now is eat crow and be humble.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pigeons View Post
            Always a treat when a white American can contribute to the country's boxing standing. I just saw the highlights and it looked like Smith was hurt before scoring the first KD. I'm interested in seeing where he goes from here.
            The first shots that made him wobble before the killing blind over right hand should have make it against Kovalev, Stevenson or Beterbiev... Fonfara lack that killing power from both hands... Kudos to Smith Jr for finishing the job in a fashion way with a textbook takedown... A beauty !

Too bad fonfara found his guy so early in his quest for a another belt fight though ... Not Champ worthy by any means... Pascal should jump on the occasion and rebuild some confidence...

Comment

• Originally posted by //// View Post
              Not a shocker at all. Said before lots of times, Fonfara is a mediocre fighter.

Knocking down 2 other ridiculously overrated, mediocre fighters with empty resumes (Stevenson and Chavez Jr) made people think he was great?

He's the stiffest, most predictable 1-2 fighter I've ever watched.

Tall and lanky but rarely at more than elbow distance. No combinations. No head movement, no lateral movement. See with your eyes not your ears.
              I've been saying this. He got wayyyyy too much credit for beating fat Chavez Jr. As much as we all enjoyed it, it wasn't some incredible feat.

Comment

• Fonfara never was a defensive wizard, so this isn't a stretch... unless you look at the unknown factor of Smith and automatically equate that to 'bum'... which is ridiculous. Unknown means unknown. Doesn't mean bum. I wish Smith well in his upcoming fights. As for Fonfara, he'll still be a draw in Chicago because of always being in fun fights.

Comment

• Man i hope that a bunch of you been watching joe smiths club fights and realized that he was way underrated and the power is serious! +1200. Ridiculous. Gotta love it. I'm happy for him And for everyone that made some money on that. After really watching his YouTube fights it was a no brainer to put money on him.

Comment

• Smith's counter looked like it caught Fonfara right in the temple and nearly switched his lights out just like that.

Comment

• I was there everyone started crying when Fonfara got KO'ed. I couldn't believe it myself. Almost didn't seem real. Fonfara was never great defensively. As a matter of fact, he has terrible defense, but he's tough as nails so I'm still surprised he got KTFO like that.

Smiths power is real, but I'm not sold on him. Mainly cuz I can't judge him off of the fact that it's his first true test. Granted, he was a huge underdog traveling to Chicago and scored a huge KO, but it was 1 round. I want to see him go the distance with a top guy before I say he's a top fighter in his divison.

Comment

Working...
                      X