No announcement yet.

On This Day: Mosley becomes a star with victory over De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
    Nah Oscar beat Mosley pretty easily in the rematch. And he ADMITTED to being roided up that fight and anyone with a brain can see he didn't just start roiding for the rematch. Mosley wasn't clean for either fight.
    It's been years since I have seen the rematch. I do not recall Oscar winning. I saw Mosley winning a close fight. I thought he blew out Oscar in the first fight. It would be a tragedy if he was roiding that fight.

Comment

When you think about it that entire outgoing "era" of boxing was guys DLH beat or lost to. They owe it all to DLH being handsome.

I mean he had some good fights, but lets be honest he was good looking in a sport of butt ugly guys. He had fans who didn't even watch his fights.

Then you look at MMA and half the guys in that sport look like DLH. No wonder it got bigger.

Comment

Originally posted by //// View Post
        When you think about it that entire outgoing "era" of boxing was guys DLH beat or lost to. They owe it all to DLH being handsome.

I mean he had some good fights, but lets be honest he was good looking in a sport of butt ugly guys. He had fans who didn't even watch his fights.

Then you look at MMA and half the guys in that sport look like DLH. No wonder it got bigger.
        do they really? i don't watch MMA but to me most of them dudes are ugly as hell. and they all have that disgusting ear thing.

Comment

Originally posted by Tago Nang Tago View Post
          do they really? i don't watch MMA but to me most of them dudes are ugly as hell. and they all have that disgusting ear thing.
          Cauliflower ear? Yeah it looks gross but you can't really see it from far away.

There's ugly fat guys like Roy Nelson but there's also cards like this:

That's a male model showdown. No ****.

People think of boxing and they think of Leon Spinks. DLH was a diamond in the rough.

Comment

Originally posted by Don Pichardo View Post
            Everyone including Oscar knew what would happen if had tried to trade with Trinidad. Would have wound up with a broke neck. Will never forgive chicken de la Hoya for denying us the fight of the decade/Millineum.
            ODLH was doing very well in the fight and could had taken a few chances. He did it against Quartey which was another big puncher

Comment

It's been years since I have seen the rematch. I do not recall Oscar winning. I saw Mosley winning a close fight. I thought he blew out Oscar in the first fight. It would be a tragedy if he was roiding that fight.
              I don't remember how I scored the rematch but I do remember it being very close. I didn't see an Oscar wipeout all. I do recall Oscar fading.

As far as the first fight, I had it a clear win for Mosley but competitive. I always suspected Oscar juiced in that fight but that's just me and strictly an opinion.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
                I don't remember how I scored the rematch but I do remember it being very close. I didn't see an Oscar wipeout all. I do recall Oscar fading.

As far as the first fight, I had it a clear win for Mosley but competitive. I always suspected Oscar juiced in that fight but that's just me and strictly an opinion.
                Oscar was juicing say what? Never been linked to anything, never had a cut body, lost power and speed every weight he went up. Meanwhile mosley had muscles popping out of everywhere extremely cut leap frogged and entire weight class and didn't lose any speed or power hell looked like he gained both. His endurance wad off the charts lance armstrong like. Years later he is busted in balco admits to taking roids and the same cap Lance Armstrong was on. Mosley is a flat out cheater
                Last edited by bigdunny1; 06-19-2016, 10:59 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by bigdunny1 View Post
                  Oscar was juicing say what? Never been linked to anything, never had a cut body, lost power and speed every weight he went up. Meanwhile mosley had muscles popping out of everywhere extremely cut leap frogged and entire weight class and didn't lose any speed or power hell looked like he gained both. His endurance wad off the charts lance armstrong like. Years later he is busted in balco admits to taking roids and the same cap Lance Armstrong was on. Mosley is a flat out cheater
                  Yes, he is. Ok.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I was worried I was getting old! Lol. I k ew I was t crazy.

I note you mentioned peds Since you go way back watching fights like me do you have any recollection about peds talk back in those days? I do not recall much talk about suspected ped use or even allegations of certain boxers using peds. I imagine there was use but as of late there seems to be ped talk as a matter of routine.

Comment

Thanks for refreshing my memory. I was worried I was getting old! Lol. I k ew I was t crazy.

I note you mentioned peds Since you go way back watching fights like me do you have any recollection about peds talk back in those days? I do not recall much talk about suspected ped use or even allegations of certain boxers using peds. I imagine there was use but as of late there seems to be ped talk as a matter of routine.
                      There were whispers about Oscar but I don't think anyone really cared about PEDs that much. Then Hauser re-ignited the Oscar having his records sealed talk.

Obviously Shane was busted. That sorta sparked the talk. But before that, not so much.

I remember Montell Griffin making funny remarks about Roy Jones in one of the magazines (this was before Jones was busted).

Almost every heavyweight - Holyfield, Botha, Tyson and Tommy Morrison specifically, had something said about them.

It just wasn't as hot an issue because there wasn't any standard testing and people didn't realize how rampant it was

Comment

Working...
                      X