Collapse
No announcement yet.

On This Day: Mosley becomes a star with victory over De La Hoya

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fk Mosely.....dude was a Balco regular......

Comment

Originally posted by baya View Post
      the fact that the man jumped a weight class to do it is still so damn impressive.
      He was on roids that's how he did it. Great fight thou! Oscar schooled him in the rematch got robbed and funny that's the fight Mosley got busted with the whole BALCO scandal and admitted to being on roids to avoid jail. But if you look at his career and if ever you were going to ROID up you do it before your first mega fight with Oscar when you leap leapfrogged an entire division. it's clear he was on ROIDS early in his career and had freakish stamina in the first fight to pull it out. He damn sure didn't just start taking PEDs for the rematch.

Comment

I wish they were both on roids though. It would have been a better fight.

Comment

Originally posted by STREET CLEANER View Post
          Shane was a star but became a super star after the fight. DeLaHoya came off the loss from Trinidad that he wanted to KO everybody after him and paid for it in the Mosley fight.
          Yeah trying to KO Mosley wasn't the right gameplan, made for a great fight though. Both guys had amazing chins.

Comment

Great fight with impressive display of technique from both fighters

The fact that Mosley was roided to the gills take some of the luster from it, though

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
              Yeah trying to KO Mosley wasn't the right gameplan, made for a great fight though. Both guys had amazing chins.
              I agree. He was taking chances that he didn't take against Trinidad

Comment

I agree. He was taking chances that he didn't take against Trinidad
                Trinidad had way more power than Mosley though. If Oscar fought Tito the same way he fought Shane he would have gotten his great chin cracked and subsequently knocked out.

Comment

Originally posted by punchr View Post
                  Trinidad had way more power than Mosley though. If Oscar fought Tito the same way he fought Shane he would have gotten his great chin cracked and subsequently knocked out.
                  I also agree with that but ODLH had a different mind set in the Mosley fight than he had in the Trinidad fight

Comment

Mosley was roiding during that time with The Clear I doubt he ever got off steroids only for the Mayweather bout. He got his ears boxed off in the rematch but incompetent inept judging gave him the fight.

Comment

Shane was a star but became a super star after the fight. DeLaHoya came off the loss from Trinidad that he wanted to KO everybody after him and paid for it in the Mosley fight.
                      Oscar was loading up every shot to take Mosley's head off. If he boxes like he did the 2nd fight he wins. Instead he let the criticism from the Tito fight get to him and wanted to prove he could KO everyone. Made for great slug-fest both had iron chins, Mosley outhustled Oscar the last 2 rounds to steal the fight likely aided by PEDs tho. In the rematch Oscar outsmarted and outboxed Mosley didn't try to punch through a brick wall.

Comment

Working...
                      X