No announcement yet.

"Wlad got old overnight" putting this BS to bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
    Bro you're so DENSE it's UNTRUE!! Where is the evidence that punch output directly relates to a fighters abilities to perform in the ring? It has been explained to u again & again in this thread.. You can throw all the punches you want but if your timing is going & the snap/pop in them is too then stats don't mean ****! The spring in his step is going too thus his ability to control the ring & impose himself on his opponents will falter too. He can't pull the trigger anymore this is clear.. Is he shot? No. I think he's at the stage Holmes & Hopkins were when they fought Spinks & Taylor. He's fading. Will he be able to adapt to it in other ways? Who knows.. I think he's near the end. WK did not get old over night most probably! It took 40 years & 20 years a pro boxer!

Take Mosley v Cotto & Oscar. Against Oscar Shane landed 284 of 680 thrown punches. Against Cotto (after 4 losses, 1 N/C & 7 years later) he landed 248 of 700 or so thrown.. That is not a huge difference yet Mosley was far further down the line than these numbers would suggest to anyone who just likes to use stats. Shot? No. Declining? Yes.

Do you get it now? OP failed big time!
    This guy keeps calling me dense, yet doesn't understand that I'm not the one inventing the theory that Wlad got old over night as seen by punch output

Literally without a trace of irony.

Anyways, good luck with that.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
      This guy keeps calling me dense, yet doesn't understand that I'm not the one inventing the theory that Wlad got old over night as seen by punch output

Literally without a trace of irony.

Anyways, good luck with that.
      So just to be clear.. You ARE NOT saying that punch output directly relates to a fighters abilities to perform in the ring?

Comment

Yes age over night

You don't seem to understand it. That's ok. I never said Wlad was at his peak. I said it was Fury's fault that Wlad's arsenal was abysmal. He knew what he was dealing with and that was exactly the same fighter that threw 500+ shots vs Jennings. In fact, probably a better version as his feet looked distinctly better and he was better as the fight went on which was opposite to the Jennings fight.

The premise of the thread was to debunk the absolute idiotic myth that Wlad got old overnight, I think that's pretty clear.
        You claim that the roughly 60% drop in output is a result of Tyson Fury and nothing else. Let's make that absolutely clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
          You claim that the roughly 60% drop in output is a result of Tyson Fury and nothing else. Let's make that absolutely clear.
          I'm not saying Wlad was in his prime.

Let's make that absolutely clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
            So just to be clear.. You ARE NOT saying that punch output directly relates to a fighters abilities to perform in the ring?
            WTF are you on about mate When the *** did I ever say that you thick stiff idiot?

Comment

I'm not saying Wlad was in his prime.

Let's make that absolutely clear.
              Just be clear. In the OP you state that it was Tyson Fury. Not age. So Tyson Fury is the cause of the 60% drop in output right?

Comment

Just be clear. In the OP you state that it was Tyson Fury. Not age. So Tyson Fury is the cause of the 60% drop in output right?
                Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.

But your theory that 7 months out of the ring was the result, is a lot more valid

Once again, not saying Wlad was in his prime. I'm not saying that he couldn't have done better had he been 30 years old, but I'm not sure of it since we have seen time and time again that his punch output has dropped to similar levels, even when he was in his absolute prime.

Comment

Yes that's exactly what I'm saying.
                  Cool. Finally. Tyson Fury is the sole reason for Wlad's output drop of 60%. Welcome back to the bboy80 brigade.

No need to go on any longer except adress this:

But your theory that 7 months out of the ring was the result, is a lot more valid
                  That's not what I said. Please don't use strawman arguments on me.

Comment

Cool. Finally. Tyson Fury is the sole reason for Wlad's output drop of 60%. Welcome back to the bboy80 brigade.

No need to go on any longer except adress this:

That's not what I said. Please don't use strawman arguments on me.

So what was the reason?

Comment

Punch out put on one fight may or may not be a factor with age . ANY experienced fighter in any sport would know that ,one day its just not there . Whats more telling is inability to land on a clear target and pull the trigger which Wlad hsd those opportunities but failed to do so which is a concern with aging fighters . We wont know whats what untill the fight is over where Wlads abilities are at so the entire thread is just a poor attempt to big Fury up which is puzzling since the pretzel twister has constantly down played Wlads skills which he is basically saying Furys win means he STILL in 8 years hasnt beat a relevant opponent yet really . Laced does nothing buy twist and back track ,really its the only way he can continue in the conversations he gets involved in ..... lol

Comment

Working...
                      X