Collapse
No announcement yet.

"Wlad got old overnight" putting this BS to bed

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Old or not. Wlad knocks Joshua & Wilder spark out.

Easy work.

Comment

• Originally posted by bboy80 View Post
      BBoy80 brigade lol, whats that supposed to mean.

"No on gets old over night however, its a steady decline. Has Wlad declined over the years yes, but to a point where people give for an excuse to why he lost no! "

thats what I said, how is that wrong.
      Dude. You claimed that the drop in output was caused by Wlad being scared. No mention of age whatsoever. Don't tell me that you are backtracking like LacedUp who has literally debunked the premise of his own thread!

Comment

• Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        backtracking like LacedUp who has literally debunked the premise of his own thread!
        But stats doh bro..

Comment

Dude. You claimed that the drop in output was caused by Wlad being scared. No mention of age whatsoever. Don't tell me that you are backtracking like LacedUp who has literally debunked the premise of his own thread!
          Yeah Wlad didnt throw for fear of being countered I stand by that.

And I also stand by Wlad not getting old over night.
          Last edited by bboy80; 06-21-2016, 08:46 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by bboy80 View Post

And I also stand by Wlad not getting old over night.
            No. It took 40 years.

Comment

• Originally posted by 1g5a22 View Post
              Now you're all over the place.. It's size now is it? Thought it was your PUNCH stats?

Ironic you cite WK fighting smaller HW's than himself when the man in your avatar was 5'11" & who's prime weight was 205lbs. Didn't stop big George or Cassius. Didn't stop Holmes fighting 199lb Michael Spinks or 200lb Leon did it?! OP suggesting 40 year old WK isn't fading & he's the same as he ever was! I think you've made a fool of yourself enough! Haye is 6'3 BTW. Man you're one dense MF!
              I don't see what Frazier or Ali has to do with this. But good luck with that.

Comment

Because you don't understand a simple thing doesn't mean I'm backtracking anything.

Being old and getting old over night are two very different things.

The difference being that I knew what I was looking at going into the fight, and you were in denial.

Let's not forget you actually scored the fight for Wlad

So we all know what bias you bring to the table.

The premise of this thread is the title. Now where exactly did I backtrack on that?

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                  Because you don't understand a simple thing doesn't mean I'm backtracking anything.
                  You have by yourself literally debunked the premise of your own thread as I proved above.
                  Being old and getting old over night are two very different things.
                  Yes. And what's the relevance? You claimed that it was all due to Fury and not age that beat Wlad. Don't let me dig up the quotes Again.

The difference being that I knew what I was looking at going into the fight, and you were in denial.
                  Well I said that Wlad would win if age didn't caught up with him. I hav no idea what you where looking at other than we now know that you don't think age was a factor subsequently. (See your OP for reference.)

Comment

You have by yourself literally debunked the premise of your own thread as I proved above.

Yes. And what's the relevance? You claimed that it was all due to Fury and not age that beat Wlad. Don't let me dig up the quotes Again.

Well I said that Wlad would win if age didn't caught up with him. I hav no idea what you where looking at other than we now know that you don't think age was a factor subsequently. (See your OP for reference.)
                    Yes age over night

You don't seem to understand it. That's ok. I never said Wlad was at his peak. I said it was Fury's fault that Wlad's arsenal was abysmal. He knew what he was dealing with and that was exactly the same fighter that threw 500+ shots vs Jennings. In fact, probably a better version as his feet looked distinctly better and he was better as the fight went on which was opposite to the Jennings fight.

The premise of the thread was to debunk the absolute idiotic myth that Wlad got old overnight, I think that's pretty clear.

Comment

• Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
                      Yes age over night

You don't seem to understand it. That's ok. I never said Wlad was at his peak. I said it was Fury's fault that Wlad's arsenal was abysmal. He knew what he was dealing with and that was exactly the same fighter that threw 500+ shots vs Jennings. In fact, probably a better version as his feet looked distinctly better and he was better as the fight went on which was opposite to the Jennings fight.

The premise of the thread was to debunk the absolute idiotic myth that Wlad got old overnight, I think that's pretty clear.
                      Bro you're so DENSE it's UNTRUE!! Where is the evidence that punch output directly relates to a fighters abilities to perform in the ring? It has been explained to u again & again in this thread.. You can throw all the punches you want but if your timing is going & the snap/pop in them is too then stats don't mean ****! The spring in his step is going too thus his ability to control the ring & impose himself on his opponents will falter too. He can't pull the trigger anymore this is clear.. Is he shot? No. I think he's at the stage Holmes & Hopkins were when they fought Spinks & Taylor. He's fading. Will he be able to adapt to it in other ways? Who knows.. I think he's near the end. WK did not get old over night most probably! It took 40 years & 20 years a pro boxer!

Take Mosley v Cotto & Oscar. Against Oscar Shane landed 284 of 680 thrown punches. Against Cotto (after 4 losses, 1 N/C & 7 years later) he landed 248 of 700 or so thrown.. That is not a huge difference yet Mosley was far further down the line than these numbers would suggest to anyone who just likes to use stats. Shot? No. Declining? Yes.

Do you get it now? OP failed big time!

Comment

Working...
                      X