No announcement yet.

Vasyl Lomachenko Vs Yuriorkis Gamboa

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vasyl Lomachenko Vs Yuriorkis Gamboa

Who wins in this battle of gold medalists?

People are very high on Loma right now so I wonder how people think he would match up against the cyclone from Guantanamo.

I honestly feel it is a mismatch. Gamboa does everything Loma does just faster.... What do you guys think?

Right now? I'd have to pick Lomachenko. Gamboa's time has come and gone, unfortunately.

Gamboa in his prime, though...man. That's a great fight and Loma's still learning. Gamboa might whip his ass.

Comment

Current Gamboa, who knows? He never fights, he's getting old and he doesn't have a set weight class.

The Gamboa who was beating up Salido and Solis at 126 beats Lomachenko and every other fighter in the division. He was frighteningly good.

Comment

Prime Gamboa vs current Loma would've been an amazing matchup. Agree with previous posters - Who knows what Gamboa still has left? Shame...

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
          Who wins in this battle of gold medalists?

People are very high on Loma right now so I wonder how people think he would match up against the cyclone from Guantanamo.

I honestly feel it is a mismatch. Gamboa does everything Loma does just faster.... What do you guys think?
          Don't know, people will be like Gamboa beat Salido so...

Not a valid point for many reasons.

Vasyl still is unexperienced as a pro fighter, Salidoo gave him in his second pro fight a taste of pro boxing (rehydrating 20 pounds, fighting "ready to die" for 36 minutes).

I just think lomachenko is more fundamentally sound than Gamboa, and shoud reach soon a boxing level above Gamboa's.

Right now, Loma might not be ready for Gamboa so yes I would favor the cuban cat.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
            No. The main differencies are defence and concentration.
            Gamboa defends himself like he has an advantage in height and reach. Maybe this comes from his amateur days when he fought at 51 kg.
            Concentration. Gamboa sometimes lacks it. And Loma is VERY concentrated from the first second of the fight.
            I think that due to these two advantages Loma will outwork Gamboa in a tough fight. Here is an example from the amateurs how more disciplined and taller fighter outworks Gamboa.
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-CIPAycnE
            https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1IObil1dM

Comment

Originally posted by Shpacman View Post
              No. The main differencies are defence and concentration.
              Gamboa defends himself like he has an advantage in height and reach. Maybe this comes from his amateur days when he fought at 51 kg.
              Concentration. Gamboa sometimes lacks it. And Loma is VERY concentrated from the first second of the fight.
              I think that due to these two advantages Loma will outwork Gamboa in a tough fight. Here is an example from the amateurs how more disciplined and taller fighter outworks Gamboa.
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6w-CIPAycnE
              https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wS1IObil1dM
              Loma and Gamboa are practically the same size, 1/2 an inch between them and the same for reach.

I don't see anyone at 126 messing with the Gambia from the time of the Solis. Unreal speed, technically excellent, focused, disciplined, powerful...He was sensational back then.

Comment

It would be like lomachenko vs russel but Loma wins by stoppage

Comment

AT 130? I think it would have been a tossup.

I'd give the edge to Gamboa in the later rounds. Pivoting him would not have been an easy task and could easily see Loma getting caught by something coming in.

Comment

Agree with the guys above, against this version of Gamboa you would have to favour Lomachenko, but Gamboa at his best, then it's a real 50-50, you could even lean towards Gamboa.

I would still love to see the fight now, it's definitely realistic.

Comment

Working...
                    X