Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Golden Boy lists possible opponents for Canelo's September PPV. Will you buy it?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kigali View Post
    The master of a dead division.

34 with the resume of a 24 y/o prospect.

The guy has hamster balls.
    Yeah, a dead division that Canelo is so scared to fight in, he surrendered (not a Mexican trait, BTW) his belt to avoid GGG.

Comment

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
      I think Liam Smith will shock people with how good he is.
      I'm not so sure. Wouldn't recommend Liam to fight Canelo right now for sure. Purely from a boxing perspective. Money perspective is totally different of course.

Comment

The problem with Gomez is he's a horrible liar. Mayweather? Canelo can't consider Mayweather. Maywether considers Canelo. Porter? He has a fight lined up with Thurman and if he wins he's fighting Garcia and if he loses Canelo would be fighting a Welterweight at 155 (?) coming off a loss. Jacobs. Jacobs can't make 155 and wouldn't even try. Jacobs made the same amount of money fighting Quillin as Khan made fighting Canelo. The only way Jacobs could make 155 is if his cancer came back. GGG. You dropped the belt to avoid fighting him and haven't talked to his people since. I understand the court case is going on but Oscar and Canelo are the defendants. Gomez or Hopkins could at least call Loeffler if they were truly interested in the fight. BJS. A loss to BJS would be worse than a loss to Golovkin. And BJS can't make 155. Cotto. No, just no. So that leaves us with Liam Smith. I would rather see the Lara rematch. They never mention Lara and that was a close fight. Canelo is the money man in boxing but he's vulnerable. We can name at least 5 fighters from 154-160 that can beat him. So he'll always have to pull some type of gimmick to have advantages.
        Last edited by Motorcity Cobra; 06-11-2016, 10:03 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by LacedUp View Post
          I'm not so sure. Wouldn't recommend Liam to fight Canelo right now for sure. Purely from a boxing perspective. Money perspective is totally different of course.
          I didn't mean that purely in regards to a Canelo fight.

Canelo is probably the one fighter Smith will have problems with up close as Canelo is a maestro in the pocket. That's not to say his Jab and long right hand couldn't trouble Canelo.

I think he beats the Charlo brothers and the Lara fight would be even. Think he has the potential to unify and move up if he keeps improving ala Crolla.

Comment

My respect for him has waned to an extent that I wouldn't give him any of my money. Calling someone out then dropping titles and avoiding a fight isn't something I'd reward. I'm a fan of Canelo but if this is the future of the sport then we're deeper in the **** than I cared to acknowledge.

Comment

But, but, Canelo still wants to fight GGG doe! He only relinquished his belt because he didn't want to worry about the WBC's deadlines doe!

Comment

You really think the Porter can't happen if he beats Thurman? Canelo is the new Floyd in the sense that one good win and you might get the money fight.
                Are those your standards regarding Canelo? should he make a 5'7 welterweight move up for him? when is he going to fight someone his weight?

Comment

Originally posted by - Ram Raid - View Post
                  My respect for him has waned to an extent that I wouldn't give him any of my money. Calling someone out then dropping titles and avoiding a fight isn't something I'd reward. I'm a fan of Canelo but if this is the future of the sport then we're deeper in the **** than I cared to acknowledge.
                  These guys just care about the money now, nothing else. They don't have pride, anything.

Comment

I didn't mean that purely in regards to a Canelo fight.

Canelo is probably the one fighter Smith will have problems with up close as Canelo is a maestro in the pocket. That's not to say his Jab and long right hand couldn't trouble Canelo.

I think he beats the Charlo brothers and the Lara fight would be even. Think he has the potential to unify and move up if he keeps improving ala Crolla.
                    Really? I can't see that at all if I'm honest.

There's quite a few fighters I'd pick to comprehensively beat Smith: Charlo bros, Lara, Andrade, Canelo etc. Probably Cotto and trout too.

Comment

Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                      Are those your standards regarding Canelo? should he make a 5'7 welterweight move up for him? when is he going to fight someone his weight?
                      Look I get it, your are emotionally invested in a man you don't know.

Is your standard for GGG, Wade?

I simply stated a fact and your little twisted ****minion brain turned it into something it wasn't.

Why don't you change your fu(king maxipad you're clearly named after and get a grip?

Everyone wants Canelo to fight GGG. It's not some special opinion. Get his di(k out of your ass, it's forcing you to spew ***** from your mouth.

Comment

Working...
                      X