No announcement yet.

why aren't industry articles titling, "Lara Wants Golovkin At 160" - Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by i'm a fun haver View Post
    Where are all the stories titled: "Luis DeCubas Jr contacts K2 about Golovkin vs Lara"?

Where are all those stories?
    Why don't they exist?
    I know why lol
    Right, as if Loeffler would even return the call.. lol

As long as Ronnie Shields says that they want Golovkin at 160 the ball is in their court.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
      Bradley is loved by all and pro black fans don't like that.
      lol. ok. if you say so.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
        i don't have a huge issue with lara getting a shot at golovkin.

i understand that people will sweep him under the rug when he calls golovkin out after golovkin books a fight [something lara's social media publicist [probably decubas, his manager,] used to do with all kinds of fighters.]

i really get that people are going to sweep him under the rug when he's calling out the best 160 lber in the world while having a tough time with 154 lbers, and not moving up to campaign at the weight in which he wants a ppv fight.

and finally, lara is rumored to want 3 million. that is a F#CKLOAD of money! if you want to watch this fight, get ready to watch it on PPV, because paying 3 million for undeserving fights is what got HBO in such hot water and caused it to cut its budget for several years.

remember alexander - bradley? oh, you don't? rest my case

Alexander vs bradley was a unification fight to determine the man at 140. The same as crawford vs postol.

why was hbo wrong for making that fight?

If you wanna be mad at something. Be mad at hbo making fights like golovkin vs monroe jr or golovkin vs Rubio or golovkin vs wade.

Don't hate on lara who has been in the ring with Paul williams and canelo alvarez. Lara has been fighting on hbo and showtime for over 4 years. He is as qualified as anyone to share a ring with gennady. And whether you like him or not, he has yet to get his ass kicked.

He is the best fighter golovkin has ever seen and he is willing and able to fight.

I'm tired of these fake ass fans tryna always downplay a legit fight, but are nowhere to be found when golovkin fights bum after bum.

Lara vs golovkin is a good fight and it's better than any fight golovkin can make outside of canelo.

Lara is better than Billy saunders. Point blank period.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
          Lara doesn't generate more revenue, nobody is buying a ppv to see him. But I bet there's a fair number that refuse to buy his ppv having seen him vs Canelo, like 95% of those that bought that. Or saw many of his non ppv fights. With Lemieux at least you can sell it as a shootout, works better than a track meet ppv wise
          He doesn't generate more revenue than Wade? You said he should be offered the same as Wade so I'm assuming you mean he doesn't generate more revenue than Wade.? Before Lemieux fought GGG he was fighting on Fox Sport 2 and the ratings was under 100k. Nobody knew who Lemieux was. People know who Lara is because he's still tied to Canelo because of his controversial loss. Although not a major number he did just do the second best rating of the year on Showtime. He did 772K on Spike last May and 482k on ESPN. Lemiuex has never headlined his own card in the U.S. besides that Fox Sports 2 card. This notion that Lemieux is more known than Lara is ridiculous. You have to provide me with some evidence to back up that claim please.

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
            blame race trolls like canelomaidana
            Coward. Bellew moved up.

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
              He doesn't generate more revenue than Wade? You said he should be offered the same as Wade so I'm assuming you mean he doesn't generate more revenue than Wade.? Before Lemieux fought GGG he was fighting on Fox Sport 2 and the ratings was under 100k. Nobody knew who Lemieux was. People know who Lara is because he's still tied to Canelo because of his controversial loss. Although not a major number he did just do the second best rating of the year on Showtime. He did 772K on Spike last May and 482k on ESPN. Lemiuex has never headlined his own card in the U.S. besides that Fox Sports 2 card. This notion that Lemieux is more known than Lara is ridiculous. You have to provide me with some evidence to back up that claim please.
              Not sure about your numbers. Lara did 450k on spike, that's terrible. I didn't say Lemieux is better known, but he doesn't get booed almost every time out. He got significantly more viewers on HBO vs Rosado than Lara's career best rating, vs much better known Pwill

http://www.boxingscene.com/lemieux-rosado-hbo-tripleheader-hit-with-viewers--85119

Comment

Originally posted by ThumperMcDougal View Post
                What does Lara offer GGG? Golovkin is trying to unify the middleweight division. Lara is not a middleweight, and does not hold a middleweight strap. So what am I missing?
                What does Golovkin offer to Floyd, Pacquiao, or Alvarez; none of the names that K2 has been chasing are middleweights (or have any plans at campaigning at middleweight), and Golovkin has barely any interest at ever fighting below 160, let alone campaigning at 154.

No one has anything to say, when the lens is turned on Golovkin, which is odd.

Lara is a known quantity (and is clearly a world-level fighter), is willing to fight at whatever weight Golovkin wants the fight at, and would walk into a fight with Golovkin as the best or second best name on the man's entire resume.

You can't have it both ways

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
                  Right, as if Loeffler would even return the call.. lol

As long as Ronnie Shields says that they want Golovkin at 160 the ball is in their court.
                  Yeah there it is, **** mouth lol
                  Luis DeCubas Jr and Lara are just playing the name game.
                  Lara has never done ANYTHING besides talk because he DOES NOT want this fight.

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                    Imma say it one time, GGG won't be credited for a win until he beats a slick brudda. The black community has a chip on its shoulder for some reason. And they get butthurt all the time. I don't get it.
                    It doesn't have to be a brother; it simply has to be against a guy who the boxing world believes can actually fight.

The fact that David Lemieux is arguably the second/third best fighter that you've ever fought, over the course of a ten-year pro career, is pathetic and the fact that folks seem to think that that is enough to get "credit", says more about you than it says about the "bruddas".

Comment

Originally posted by Scipio2009 View Post
                      What does Golovkin offer to Floyd, Pacquiao, or Alvarez; none of the names that K2 has been chasing are middleweights (or have any plans at campaigning at middleweight), and Golovkin has barely any interest at ever fighting below 160, let alone campaigning at 154.

No one has anything to say, when the lens is turned on Golovkin, which is odd.

Lara is a known quantity (and is clearly a world-level fighter), is willing to fight at whatever weight Golovkin wants the fight at, and would walk into a fight with Golovkin as the best or second best name on the man's entire resume.

You can't have it both ways
                      Golovkin offers legacy to those fighters if they can beat him. He's undefeated, has a great amateur boxing reputation, and has knocked out an entire division worth of fighters.

Lara doesn't have those legacy credentials, at this point he is regarded as a good but not great fighter. He will never be a star in the sport, he has no wins significant enough for fans to think he will ever be HOF. Casual fans dislike watching him fight. At the top level he's already put in disappointing spoiler-type performances.

He's someone Golovkin could fight on regular HBO advertised as a "stay-busy" fight but you are deluding yourself if Lara would be sold as anything more. He's not even in Golovkin's division. If GGG fights and knocks him out then he'll be just another name on his record, people might even discredit the win on the basis of him dragging somebody up.

Comment

Working...
                      X