No announcement yet.

why aren't industry articles titling, "Lara Wants Golovkin At 160" - Shields

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by PivotandRoll View Post
    So you don't want to see the two best in these division's fight? Did you not watch Ward Vs Dawson?
    But you have people on here saying GGG should fight Lara over real middleweight guys like Joe Saunders, Eubank Jr., Khurtsidze or Alfonso Blanco people that are knocking on the door to a title shot

Comment

Originally posted by SugarKaineHook View Post
      I don't understand how many casuals overlook one weight class variance, or rather in Lara's case, the #1 154 respected Cuban school fighter not justifiable for Golovkin at 160, but somehow a Monroe Jr. (because the boxeno narrative was justifiable) or the secondary inactive mandatory challenger, Wade, is more ideal than Lara because they are at 160? As if Monroe Jr or a Wade have a bigger fan base?

the irrational excuses get old.
      PREACH!!! Lara would wipe the floor with those guys!!!...

Comment

I'm not american so I don't deal with horrific bull***** like that and regardless of what you believe I wouldn't stand by while it happened.

No you are pathetic. People don't like Wilder because he's a big lanky uncoordinated bum killer. Maybe if he blasts some top level fighter out people will care but even then it's not like people liked the Klits.

Who loves GGG? He's fu(king boring... HBO love him because they are paid to. He has like 5 real fans on here, just because they are load mouth *******s doesn't mean they take up the population.

Also wasn't Adonis a pimp who had tricks workign against their will or a enforcer for it? You would tear GGG apart for that if it was him.
        Literally black fighters aren't on HBO because they appeal to people who don't like Floyd. You're speaking on what you don't know. Montero who has a pretty big job with Undisputed calls Black people the demographic.

He'll say the Demographic is complaining a lot. Or Demographic won't stop.

See you moron, it's racial but you don't see it to speak on it.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          Literally black fighters aren't on HBO because they appeal to people who don't like Floyd. You're speaking on what you don't know. Montero who has a pretty big job with Undisputed calls Black people the demographic.

He'll say the Demographic is complaining a lot. Or Demographic won't stop.

See you moron, it's racial but you don't see it to speak on it.
          Yeah okay. Whatever man... Keep going off in tangents despite me clearly showing those fighters aren't hated on for their race..

Comment

Yeah okay. Whatever man... Keep going off in tangents despite me clearly showing those fighters aren't hated on for their race..
            And keep living in denial. Before Rodney King the idea police treat Blacks different was dismissed. You're blind although not racist.

Comment

Which made a persona named Money and became the villain purposely? Which one beats women?

You're the fu(king coward here... Crying about non existent racism... little bit(h
              Exactly Tim Bradley is loved on boxingscene, race has nothing to do with it. People just bring it up for no reason. Its how you carry yourself, in and outside the ring. In the ring you can't fault floyd, Master boxer. But by god outside the ring his attitude stinks which makes it difficult like him. GGG is such a nice guy never insulting etc. His biggest insult is "Go home, and tell your parents I said hi"

Comment

Originally posted by Motorcity Cobra View Post
                If K2 offered Lara 500k I'd consider that a duck because they lowballed him. He deserves as much as Lemieux got. Lemieux had a belt but didn't offer anythingt in terms of generating revenue as proven by the PPV numbers. Lara is more known than Lemieux, Monroe, and Wade combined. Do people forget Lara-Canelo sold two times as much as Golovkin-Lemieux? I know Canelo sold most of the PPV but the fight was controversial and it's still talked about til this day so Lara's name is still out there connected to Canelo's. A Lara vs Golovkin fight would be PPV. If Lara vs. Lemieux and Crawford vs. Postol is PPV then Golovkin vs. Lara is for sure PPV and I think it would crack 250,000
                Lara doesn't generate more revenue, nobody is buying a ppv to see him. But I bet there's a fair number that refuse to buy his ppv having seen him vs Canelo, like 95% of those that bought that. Or saw many of his non ppv fights. With Lemieux at least you can sell it as a shootout, works better than a track meet ppv wise

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  Vanes beat Ouma at 154, 1 fight later Ouma was in ring with Golovkin. Talking about Lara's resume is an excuse.
                  I bet you didn't see that fight, phony. Most everyone had the huge underdog Ouma winning:

http://www.boxingscene.com/forums/ar.../t-348886.html

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                    Bunch of haters against the perceived "white boxer". There is no confusion over why he is disliked.

Make the Lara fight happen so he can take the Cuban out.
                    your initial sentences show light in your insecurities. Has nothing to do with "white." I prefer your last sentence. It's clear and cut and the way it should be said, like the way competitive rivalries in sports should be, but when you bring in race it's your added insecurities.

there's a reason for the saying, "great white hope," even doe I don't agree with it either.

notice how 160 turns into a race thread? smh

Comment

Originally posted by HWChampion View Post
                      Exactly Tim Bradley is loved on boxingscene, race has nothing to do with it. People just bring it up for no reason. Its how you carry yourself, in and outside the ring. In the ring you can't fault floyd, Master boxer. But by god outside the ring his attitude stinks which makes it difficult like him. GGG is such a nice guy never insulting etc. His biggest insult is "Go home, and tell your parents I said hi"
                      Bradley is loved because it was easy pickings for Pac?

Comment

Working...
                      X