Collapse
No announcement yet.

Team Ward sent Cleverly an offer. 2 others in the mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

LOL at these bums. I'm still baffled at how people believe Ward will get in the ring with Kovalev.

Comment

Originally posted by Beercules View Post
      I wouldn't mind Cleverly to be honest.
      ^^^^^^^
      this

Comment

I think we all agree that fighting Cleverly is no big deal since a fight with Kovalev is next.

Comment

Originally posted by Sparked_26 View Post
          Would Ward even use these guys as sparring partners for a big fight?

Sometimes I think there is a level you get to like Ward has - when I am a bit baffled by the importance of stay busy fights.
          Ward's biggest problem is inactivity; the last year he fought more than twice was 2009. It's not something that I complain much about because I'm not necessarily a fan; however, Ward is one of the best, so you want fighters of his caliber to stay sharp and active. Why do you perceive Ward as someone who's above stay-busy bouts?

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
            Ward's biggest problem is inactivity; the last year he fought more than twice was 2009. It's not something that I complain much about because I'm not necessarily a fan; however, Ward is one of the best, so you want fighters of his caliber to stay sharp and active. Why do you perceive Ward as someone who's above stay-busy bouts?
            Because he is just THAT good really. He doesn't need them, surely.

It is hard to know the value of these fights really. I am not a fighter I don't know the value of fighting under the lights as a opposed to sparring in the gym. But the reality is likely Andre Ward kicks the **** out of Paul Smith in both settings. If you were a T.V exec what could possibly motivate you to pay Ward well for that.

It would be a different matter if he just knocked over a few overmatched opponents in small venues and not on tele.

Comment

It is hard to know the value of these fights really. I am not a fighter I don't know the value of fighting under the lights as a opposed to sparring in the gym. But the reality is likely Andre Ward kicks the **** out of Paul Smith in both settings. If you were a T.V exec what could possibly motivate you to pay Ward well for that.

It would be a different matter if he just knocked over a few overmatched opponents in small venues and not on tele.
              The value is 2m in purse

Comment

Originally posted by HeroBando View Post
                The value is 2m in purse
                Exactly - not criticising Ward at all. If I was him I would knock over overmatched opponents for the rest of my career. Easy money,

But that $2 million dollars could have been used better, surely.

Comment

That's probably one of the biggest reasons for his inactivity: HBO can't bring themselves to pay him his usual for stay-busy bouts. I just don't like when fighters go 7+ months without fights, especially boxers who are perceived as the best or boxers who're trying to increase their star power. I mean, is it too much to ask for top fighters to fight at least 3 times a year?

Comment

They make fun of Triple G's opponents but yet they praise the next tune up for Ward.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                      i've never seen someone target a bum so much. he wanted to fight periban for years and never was able to and now he keeps wanting to fight alexander brand. why?

targeting kovalev in the fall in the form of a signed contract.

Comment

Working...
                      X