No announcement yet.

Team Ward sent Cleverly an offer. 2 others in the mix

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
    Ward should fight Braehmer to be honest.
    Would be a good fight, but Ward won't travel.

Comment

I'd rather see Ward Vs. Fonfara

Comment

Originally posted by BattlingNelson View Post
        Would be a good fight, but Ward won't travel.
        More like Braehmer won't fight anyone with a pulse.

Comment

Originally posted by ShoulderRoll View Post
          Ward should fight Braehmer to be honest.
          Braehmer is your typical eurobum that doesn't leave germany, he's not very good and has struggled badly with Gutnecht 2x, doesn't fight any real light heavies.

Comment

Originally posted by MeiXiang View Post
            I'd rather see Ward Vs. Fonfara
            That would be dope. Don't think those two promotions do business unfortunately.

Comment

Originally posted by Kagami Taiga View Post
              That would be dope. Don't think those two promotions do business unfortunately.
              I didn't know that.

Shame, because it makes sense.

Comment

Nice payday for Clev hopefully.

TBH, will never watch Ward fight again unless it is Kovalev or someone like Adonis Stevenson thereafter or he somehow finds himself fighting in the U.K.

I respect him as the greatest Irish fighter of all time but staying up until 5.00 a.m. to watch him fight someone he could probably beat even if they had the use of a billy club is damn near impossible. The lad might not knock his opponent out but you can rest assured he would have knocked out several thousand Brits across the atlantic spark out in about two rounds with his P4P skills.

Comment

Cleverly is the only stand out on the list. A name fans will know, and that might be the reason he gets the nod.

I read that Cleverly might be looking at Braehmer. I'd prefer that fight for him, as i'd like to see him pick up another title, albeit a 'regular' title.

If he can get well payed for a Ward fight, then fair play to him.

Comment

I'm pleasantly surprised that Cleverly is the frontrunner. I'm also surprised that there is enough money for Cleverly to be lured away from the easier fight vs. Braehmer (which would also be for a belt) when Shabranskyy's team turned down the fight because they couldn't even get $400K. Maybe his team isn't too confident of Braehmer agreeing to the fight him?

Is Cleverly really going to choose Ward (and a sure loss on his record) over Braehmer (and a shot at a belt) for less than $400K though?

I wouldn't be surprised if Brand gets the call. He did beat an undefeated Russian in his last fight and his only loss is a split decision vs. Badou Jack. Plus he's an orthodox power puncher which is the type of opponent Ward has been focusing on with the Kovalev fight coming up.

Comment

Originally posted by Golovkin View Post
                      Where's the option for "Nobody cares about Ward + He is a Coward + His life = trash"
                      Golovkin is his kid.

Comment

Working...
                      X