Comments Thread For: Deontay Wilder-Chris Arreola in Play For Summer Showdown

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by CatchweightKing View Post
    Why does haymon love this guy so much
    Arreola has been with Haymon since day 1.

Comment

Sam Peter wasnt available?smh
      Would be hilarious if arreola won tho

Comment

Originally posted by jasontreks View Post
        At this point, I expected to look up at the calendar and see the date as April, 1st. This is sad. At least give us Gerald Washington if you're not considering Kubrat Pulev. The WBC needs to say no and make this a NON-TITLE fight as he is not, and should not, be ranked in the top 15.
        Why Ortiz failed a drug test for PEDS & was stripped of his WBA interim title. He was suspended & got an immediate shot at the belt upon his return. It will be the same for Povetkin so why not Arreola? He was top 10 in WBC before he got busted for weed. A couple years ago I would have bet on Arreola knocking out Wilder in one round. He hasn't looked great the last few years but he is a name & has a decent fan base plus he's always in exciting fights. I'm not surprised. If it happens Travis Kauffman must be a little pissed. Arreola was suppose to fight Washington until he failed for pot. I read Arreola was actually staying in the gym during his suspension. That's hard to believe but if he can go into a camp just to train & not to cut weight he could make a better fight of it. I like Arreola so I'm ok with him as a replacement.

Comment

As expected of the Bum Squad leader.

Comment

lol you guys have short attention spans, Arreola has only lost 3 in his last 15 fights since klitschko. You guys also forgetting him being undefeated prior to fighting vitali?
            Last edited by bobmanll; 05-26-2016, 07:20 PM.

Comment

Don King gave Andrew Golota 3 title shots in a row against Byrd, Ruiz & Brewster. He had all 4 under the banner. If Stiverne beat Wilder Mark De Mori was promised the 1st title shot but Wilder won & De mori asked for his release & got it. There are much worse fights that could be made. If Arreola can turn back the clock & be very aggressive like the old days maybe he can catch him. Then again he could be on his back early too...
              Last edited by joe strong; 05-26-2016, 07:21 PM.

Comment

Well, just keep Wilder busy, Povetkin is happening this year anyways

Comment

I knew deep down they were delighted when Povetkin tested positive. This is a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by bobmanll View Post
                    lol you guys have short attention spans, Arreola has only lost 3 in his last 15 fights since klitschko. You guys also forgetting him being undefeated prior to fighting vitaly?
                    Time changes everything. It's the only opponent that is, and will always remain, undefeated. Kassi beat him, he was just lucky to get a draw... plus they were mainly cans in those 15. Having said all that, I have no issue with Arreola vs Wilder. Should actually be interesting for a few rounds. And who knows, Arreola could get lucky.

Comment

I expect to see every anti-GGG person in this thread crucifying Wilder.

Comment

Working...
                      X