No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by el*** View Post
    I pick SRL due to the size and power advantages although mayweather is the more skilled of the two.
    I think Sugar Ray's power was slightly overrated, but he definitely had the power to hurt Floyd. I don't see Sugar Ray knocking Floyd out though. And I can definitely see Floyd adapting and slowly outboxing Leonard. Leonard fought a no name in his first pro fight and couldn't KO him so I doubt he KO's Floyd.

I've watched many of Leonard's fights and have seen him be outboxed on several occasions. I've never seen Floyd outboxed and he has faced many different styles.

Comment

• If both fighters are in their prime Leonard KO's Floyd.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
        17lb naturally bigger thack...that's quite a difference right there...and the reason why Floyd was competitive with his opponents at welterweight is because they all travelled up in weight with him...it's completely different moving up that amount of weight and facing a natural welterweight not to mention a sugar ray Leonard .....Leonard breaks him down by the 10th or 11th round
        Like he broke down lightweight Duran in their first fight?

Comment

• Leonard beats Mayweather. Leonard is bigger than Floyd and knows how to use his reach and Floyd don't like guys who have bigger reach than him and can box well(Its why Oscar did so well and Wright and Forrest would have whipped him). Floyd would have to go forward to win because he isn't going to outbox a guy who is just as skilled as him and has the hand reach advantage. If Floyd goes forward he gets knocked out. If he tries to pot shot he gets broken down and knocked out. Floyd is an ATG at 130-140 but he is out of his league against a guy like Leonard at 147.

Comment

• Why is this even a conversation? Leonard stomp kicks the p1ss out of Money Mayweather at 147lb and it is not even funny. What exactly can Floyd do to offset Ray's artillery assault? Run, lay on the ropes, potshot or clinch?

The truth is FMJ's lack of size and punching power hurts him in a potential match up with Sugar Ray Leonard; Someone who was naturally larger, stronger and also had power, speed and skill to go along with it.

Once Ray feels his lack of power, he would swarm all over his ass, until he cracks open up that shoulder roll, Philly crab shell defense of his. Then the Mayvinci code would be exposed for all to see.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
              Like he broke down lightweight Duran in their first fight?
              Durans the toughest street fighter thats ever lived....Floyd was dropped by Judah , wobbled by old Mosley and maidana and has no punch ..I have more pop in my punch than what mayweather doe's ..Duran on the other hand was considered one of the hardest punchers in any weight class plus he was a great inside fighter ....Duran relished tear ups and toe to toe Battles even up to middleweights when he went to war with hagler and Iran Barkley ...Floyd was complaining like a girl in the ring with maidana the first fight ...ohh I can't see...ohh I can't see or have you forgotten that ? So your saying Floyd was the same fighting style as Duran now are you ? Lol...look take that silly mma fighter off your avatar if you wanna be taken seriously on here
              Last edited by The plunger man; 05-31-2016, 03:40 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
                You don't know..... you wish, and hope, and dream
                You don't know f@ck all about boxing and if I could possibly know where you lived I would pay u visit and slap some boxing sense in to you ..hopefully your then buck your ideas up after that ass whooping ...what a clown

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                  Durans the toughest street fighter thats ever lived....Floyd was dropped by Judah , wobbled by old Mosley and maidana and has no punch ..I have more pop in my punch than what mayweather doe's ..Duran on the other hand was considered one of the hardest punchers in any weight class plus he was a great inside fighter ....Duran relished tear ups and toe to toe Battles even up to middleweights when he went to war with hagler and Iran Barkley ...Floyd was complaining like a girl in the ring with maidana the first fight ...ohh I can't see...ohh I can't see or have you forgotten that ? So your saying Floyd was the same fighting style as Duran now are you ? Lol...look take that silly mma fighter off your avatar if you wanna be taken seriously on here
                  Duran was Ko'd stiff by Hearns, quit against Leonard, and lost to light punching Camacho twice. See? We can both do that.

Floyd is quicker than Duran, better reach, better foot work, better balance, better defensively, and better conditioned. Duran was an animal and had a high ring IQ but not as high as Floyd's.

Comment

• Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                    Duran was Ko'd stiff by Hearns, quit against Leonard, and lost to light punching Camacho twice. See? We can both do that.

Floyd is quicker than Duran, better reach, better foot work, better balance, better defensively, and better conditioned. Duran was an animal and had a high ring IQ but not as high as Floyd's.
                    Floyd had no way of keeping Leonard off him...Leonard had equal balance and equal speed to Floyd, plus he threw far quicker powerful combinations..Leonard was every bit as good as Floyd mayweather but bigger and much more offensive and ruthless finisher..Leonard was 41 and shot against Camacho and we're talking about primes here....were not talking about a natural lightweight in Mosley,ODH...The Leonard that beat Thomas hearns would smash the Best Floyd at welterweight ....all the fighters that mayweather has faced at welterweight had either travelled up in weight Oscar,Mosley,Guerrero,maidana,cotto or they was past there prime...cotto and Hoya ....and before you say canelo he was inexperienced and weight drained and on his best day he couldn't lace Leonards glove up.....the only way you beat Leonard is by putting him out of his own fighting style and making it a toe to toe battle and close quarters mayweather neither has the power or the style to create a Duran type of fight . Leonard takes everything that Floyd does and by the 10th or 11th round has him against the ropes and stops him...shoulder roll included and if a crude maidana and old Mosley were able to penetrate that guard be damn sure an attacking sugar ray Leonard will....Floyd pot shotting 25 punches around and fighting at his own pace will not be enough to keep Leonard from breaking him down...... No one beats Leonard except arguably Ray robinson and certainly not a defensive fighter who's a natural 130 fighter with no power in his punches at welterweight

Comment

• Originally posted by elgu View Post
                      Leonard beats Mayweather. Leonard is bigger than Floyd and knows how to use his reach and Floyd don't like guys who have bigger reach than him and can box well(Its why Oscar did so well and Wright and Forrest would have whipped him). Floyd would have to go forward to win because he isn't going to outbox a guy who is just as skilled as him and has the hand reach advantage. If Floyd goes forward he gets knocked out. If he tries to pot shot he gets broken down and knocked out. Floyd is an ATG at 130-140 but he is out of his league against a guy like Leonard at 147.
                      Originally posted by champion4ever View Post
                      Why is this even a conversation? Leonard stomp kicks the p1ss out of Money Mayweather at 147lb and it is not even funny. What exactly can Floyd do to offset Ray's artillery assault? Run, lay on the ropes, potshot or clinch?

The truth is FMJ's lack of size and punching power hurts him in a potential match up with Sugar Ray Leonard; Someone who was naturally larger, stronger and also had power, speed and skill to go along with it.

Once Ray feels his lack of power, he would swarm all over his ass, until he cracks open up that shoulder roll, Philly crab shell defense of his. Then the Mayvinci code would be exposed for all to see.
                      Both posts spot on with this .....perfectly summed up by U2

Comment

Working...
                      X