Comments Thread For: Sugar Ray Leonard: I Told Mayweather I Would Have Beat Him

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by j0zef View Post
    Without a doubt SRL beats Floyd.

I see that the tards have all come to the same conclusion.

"without a doubt"..... "it's a done deal".....

BTW, you ******s all said that same dumb **** about Pacquiao LOL

There would be nothing in that fight, and it could be very difficult to score.

If I was brave enough to pick a winner, in the very same sentence I would admit that I could be 100% wrong.

But wow, aren't you lot a bunch of knowledgeable genius's.

Comment

• The fight would have to be at 147, and the best WW version of Floyd would not beat the best WW version of SRL, it's almost unimaginable. Floyd is my favorite fighter and he could very well be favored to beat almost anybody in history at 130-140 besides a few toss up matches, but arguably the best Welterweight ever is another story. SRL is stronger, bigger, just as fast, hits way harder, and would be too active for Floyd to handle.

Comment

• Sugar Ray Leonard beats Mayweather Jr. at 147. Probably by a somewhat close margin.

...but Thomas Hearns beats Mayweather Jr. at 147 easily.

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
          Nah, that's just your fanboi rah-rah-rah bull****.

NOBODY knows how that fight would turn out because..... 1) it is extremely difficult to envisage exactly how their styles would mesh..... 2) Leonard's great intangibles..... 3) the ability of BOTH men to adapt

But your " opinion " is cute.
          Talking logicol not fanboi...MAYWEATHER simply had no physical advantages my pretty **** bandit , and if you had to place bet on each fighter and there was a gun to your head .....u know it would be leonard ..you've admitted it in an earlier post ...u know it gurner lol

Comment

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
            I see that the tards have all come to the same conclusion.

"without a doubt"..... "it's a done deal".....

BTW, you ******s all said that same dumb **** about Pacquiao LOL

There would be nothing in that fight, and it could be very difficult to score.

If I was brave enough to pick a winner, in the very same sentence I would admit that I could be 100% wrong.

But wow, aren't you lot a bunch of knowledgeable genius's.
            Pacquaio was 5ft 6 with a 67 inch reach and travelled up from flyweight ..leonard was a welterweight travelling up to welterweight..... Leonard 5ft 10 with a 74inch reach and mayweather 5ft 8 and 72 reach and a natural super featherweight....please learn some knowledge gurner ....leonard wins without a doubt wanker lol

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
              Pacquaio was 5ft 6 with a 67 inch reach and travelled up from flyweight ..leonard was a welterweight travelling up to welterweight..... Leonard 5ft 10 with a 74inch reach and mayweather 5ft 8 and 72 reach and a natural super featherweight....please learn some knowledge gurner ....leonard wins without a doubt wanker lol
              They wont listen. So much stupidity in this thread.

Lets put it this way:

How many rounds would Floyd last with Marvin Hagler? Would Floyd be able to even compete with him?

Floyd gets his ribs broken or his head knocked off completley. He gets demolished.

Your boy Sugar Ray fought him and matched up well against him.

As well as Hearns as well as Duran who both would beat the living **** out of Floyd. Lets not forget Benitez aswell.

Youtube what Roger says about Duran vs Floyd. "Thats a hard fight for Floyd"

Roger knows more than you.

You guys dksab. Straight up.

Disrespectful turds. Go watch Ray Leonard fight. And go watch Floyd fight too, which its apparent some of you havent. Floyd was brutally amazing at 130-140, leaning more towards the lower weights. He could punch. His legs were like springs. Literally he could leap across the ring. He wouldnt stand in the pocket much, his footwork set up his attavks and was his defence.

As he grew into the higher weights he stood in the pocket more and absorbed more blows on his arms/shoulders.

This is also why sweet peas defence is somewhat superior to floyds. Pea combined two lines of defence into his overall defences - upper trunk movement + evasibe footwork.

He wouldnt absorb hits on the arms/shoulders like floyd, pea was simply not there, gone, nowhere to be seen. Pea was making you hit thin air and look ridiculously stupid.

Back to Ray Leonard. He beat Duran and Hearns.

Duran and Hearns would anihilate EVERY SINGLE ONE of the opponents Floyd has faced at ww. Tell me who could beat them?

Comment

• I also told Floyd I would have beat him. On Twitter.

Comment

• Originally posted by i_am_a_champ View Post
                  They wont listen. So much stupidity in this thread.

Lets put it this way:

How many rounds would Floyd last with Marvin Hagler? Would Floyd be able to even compete with him?

Floyd gets his ribs broken or his head knocked off completley. He gets demolished.

Your boy Sugar Ray fought him and matched up well against him.

As well as Hearns as well as Duran who both would beat the living **** out of Floyd. Lets not forget Benitez aswell.

Youtube what Roger says about Duran vs Floyd. "Thats a hard fight for Floyd"

Roger knows more than you.

You guys dksab. Straight up.

Disrespectful turds. Go watch Ray Leonard fight. And go watch Floyd fight too, which its apparent some of you havent. Floyd was brutally amazing at 130-140, leaning more towards the lower weights. He could punch. His legs were like springs. Literally he could leap across the ring. He wouldnt stand in the pocket much, his footwork set up his attavks and was his defence.

As he grew into the higher weights he stood in the pocket more and absorbed more blows on his arms/shoulders.

This is also why sweet peas defence is somewhat superior to floyds. Pea combined two lines of defence into his overall defences - upper trunk movement + evasibe footwork.

He wouldnt absorb hits on the arms/shoulders like floyd, pea was simply not there, gone, nowhere to be seen. Pea was making you hit thin air and look ridiculously stupid.

Back to Ray Leonard. He beat Duran and Hearns.

Duran and Hearns would anihilate EVERY SINGLE ONE of the opponents Floyd has faced at ww. Tell me who could beat them?
                  I know m8....there ridiculous but it's only a few....all the others say what we say so it's pretty unanimous that leonard was just physically to big for him....floyd as 135 or 140 fighter he was top 3 off all time.....but your also right about whitaker ...his defence was literally right in front of you...his angles was crazy when he boxed you..u couldn't hit him cleanly beczuse he was so slippery....he would pivot and slide and just turn u in knots....a very difficult skill to learn and be great at...he was for the purists and a very unique figher...Winky Wright was also a master of defence....I don't see any welterweight that floyd faced would be able to beat Duran or Hearns not one !

Comment

• Floyd was better than Leonard, Leonard was bigger though. I think it's a 7-5 fight either way and depending on who had the better strategy that's who would win that night. Anyone saying either fighter has no chance is clueless, these are both all time top 5-10 fighters, either one has a chance.

Comment

• Originally posted by Steve plunger View Post
                      Talking logicol not fanboi...MAYWEATHER simply had no physical advantages my pretty **** bandit , and if you had to place bet on each fighter and there was a gun to your head .....u know it would be leonard ..you've admitted it in an earlier post ...u know it gurner lol

clueless, when has Mayweather ever needed a physical advantage ?

YOU ARE A DUMB **** !

Comment

Working...
                      X