Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Do We Continue to Recognize the Lineal Championship When....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by therealpugilist View Post
    by his fans and HBO....universally means everyone and if you have been reading everyone's posts, some people feel he has to beat Canelo or the next highest rated guy to create a knew lineage

If canelo moves down the lineal title is vacant....say he beats the number 2 middleweight and then GGG has earned the title....he already got handed to belts.....you win the lineal title in the ring...not board rooms sadly.
    Lineal doesn't mean best. Lineal means lineal. This is the problem with the system. I'm glad you've finally figured it out

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP-;16742762[B
      ]Weight divisions have been. A staple in boxing for hundreds of years and Canelo created his own and fights welterweights in that division.[/B]

I want a system where you have 1 champion and that champion is held to a standard of defending his title against the #1 fighter on his weight class. That's how boxing is supposed to work.

A 1 vs 2 matchup at MW hasn't taken place since 2010. How can we accurately define who the man is when the best won't fight each other?
      you are correct. but if you know anything about pre-1900s boxing, the weight limit often changed before the were universal at the discretion of the champion, manager, promoter etc.

i dont like the canelo weight bs but it doesnt change he won the middleweight title in the ring....the lineal title is earned by fighting, not a fighter being stripped or it being handed to you

middleweight is rather easy....GGG is the people champ but the facts remain that Canelo beat cotto, who beat martinez, who beat pavlik, who beat taylor, who beat Hopkins who unified all the belts by beating all the titleholders by 2001...added the wbo in 04.....its not a mess like the other weight classes.

hopefully GGG gets a crack at the lineal title soon or he creates his own lineage when Canelito moves back to 154...that divison is deep

Comment

by his fans and HBO....universally means everyone and if you have been reading everyone's posts, some people feel he has to beat Canelo or the next highest rated guy to create a knew lineage

If canelo moves down the lineal title is vacant....say he beats the number 2 middleweight and then GGG has earned the title....he already got handed to belts.....you win the lineal title in the ring...not board rooms sadly.
        People within his own division call him the best and so do other trainers. You and a couple other ******s on here are the only ones who refuse to acknowledge him.

Comment

• Originally posted by techliam View Post
          Lineal doesn't mean best. Lineal means lineal. This is the problem with the system. I'm glad you've finally figured it out
          who the best is, is basically opinion

the champion is the man who beat the previous champion and so on.

I may believe the best heavyweights are Ortiz and Joshua but it doesnt change the fact that Fury is the champion....he earned it in the ring.

I respectfully label GGG the "people's champ" and affectionately "the can man" until he fights the other top middleweights and not all these mismatches. K2 is wasting this guys time, prime, and talent

Comment

• Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
            Weight divisions have been. A staple in boxing for hundreds of years and Canelo created his own and fights welterweights in that division.

I want a system where you have 1 champion and that champion is held to a standard of defending his title against the #1 fighter on his weight class. That's how boxing is supposed to work.

A 1 vs 2 matchup at MW hasn't taken place since 2010. How can we accurately define who the man is when the best won't fight each other?
            This man, this. Common sense anyway. It's just that the realpu$$ylist doesn't have a brain.

Comment

• Originally posted by El-blanco View Post
              People within his own division call him the best and so do other trainers. You and a couple other ******s on here are the only ones who refuse to acknowledge him.
              hall of fame fighters and trainers have said they want to see him fight better competition man, they acknowledge his talent just as i do...go on youtube and watch the videos man.

im not insulting him just stating facts

Comment

• Originally posted by _Maxi View Post
                This man, this. Common sense anyway. It's just that the realpu$$ylist doesn't have a brain.
                lame

my twelve year old son can come up with a better insult than that...how old are you...8?

Comment

lame

my twelve year old son can come up with a better insult than that...how old are you...8?
                  I'd reconsider calling others immature or childish seeing as how you type in all different colours and font sizes like a child in kindergarten would.

Comment

I'd reconsider calling others immature or childish seeing as how you type in all different colours and font sizes like a child in kindergarten would.
                    oooooowwwww...you're breaking my heart.....you do realize your opinion means nothing to me considering the idiot posts and threads you have. I will happily bump a few to remind you.

you are talking about colors of words when the content of your words and posts are mostly illogical, biased, fan boy dribble

Comment

is maxi your side chick? alt? you guys literally post in the same threads and same pages.....kinda sad it takes two brains to come up with one point or position, well if its not your alt.

you and Maxi need to get the can man, kovalev and poochiao children off your chin. there are more than 3 boxers in the world you know

Comment

Working...
                      X