No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBC Eyes Tourney, With WBA/IBF, To Set Golovkin's Opponent

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SteveM View Post
    The one thing about this tourney idea is that the WBC is acting like all these fighters might want to push for a Golovkin fight to make great money. We already know half of them will drop a belt or run from a 40/60 fight unless they get paid a bucket load of $ (thanks PBC). If it was the same tournament to fight Canelo there'd be a much longer list based on the greater money to be earned. Conclusion, Golovkin needs a dance partner badly.
    LOL right. I'd assume this would be voluntary so who joins a GGG tournament? It'd be the worst tournament ever. All the guys at the top would wait for their own offers cuz the money is always going to be better when someone is looking for you vs you gotta win your way to a big fight. So the guys who enter are gonna be guys whos best shot at anything notable is this silly ass tournament.

This is par for the course with this WBC guy doe. He's brought up tournaments many times before. I think tournaments take too long & aren't a good formula in boxing except for the younger up & coming guys that helps guys make a name for themselves. Once you've made a name for yourself who the f#ck wants to fight in a tournament.

Comment

Just have GGG fight Lara, heard that he wants a shot. I can't think of anyone else who's more deserving of a shot.

Comment

Originally posted by -PBP- View Post
        Who needs a ****ing tournament? Quillin drew with Lee, Jacobs beat Quillin and Saunders beat Lee.

Jacobs and Saunders already won the tournament. Just make the ****ing fights.
        ... What about Canelo?
        ... He didn't fight any of those...

Comment

Let's hope this is as good as the great tournaments the WBC did at 147 and 154 recently.

Comment

WBA needs to order GGG vs. Jacobs ASAP! I want to see if Jacobs backs out! If he does, then GGG should fight Lara next. I would much rather see Lara than Saunders!

Comment

i think it's a good idea. let's say heiland v blanco v johnson v khurtsidze. it would make GGG's mandatories more manageable and it would improve the standing of whoever won so that when he got his shot there would be no doubt that he deserved it

Comment

I remember reading in an article where Loeffler was talking about a possible MW tournament, like the super 6, a few years ago. Tom said the other MWs lost interest when they heard Gennady was going to be a participant. I imagine this tournament idea will be met with the same lack of enthusiasm.

Comment

Sulaiman: "Ok guys, so we're hosting a MW tournament! It'll be great; we get to showcase some of the best talent in the division & the winner will get to fight GGG for the championship! Guys? Guys?? Where'd they go?"

Comment

What happened to the WBC welterweight tournament? lol **** these clowns

Comment

Canelo won't be in sight to fight GGG for 5 years. Initially I took him seriously, but then I figured he was just playing with all of us and buying time to keep fans interested in him.
                      Wander what happened after the undisputed charlatan Oscar called GGG the day after Canelo won against Khan to arrange the fight?

Wander also what GGG's haters will blame GGG for now, after he took generally all MW belts?
                      Last edited by LoveWisdomTruth; 05-25-2016, 11:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X