Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GGG being "ducked" isnt a good enough excuse for his resume when mike McCallum was 2

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 12TRIBEsRiSe View Post
    absolutely, once he was willing to fight Chavez Jr or Froch but not ward I knew what time it was even though im still a fan,
    He was willing to fight Ward, but Ward wasn't ready for him back then and probably couldn't have made 168 anyway.

The offer Roc sent after GGG had signed to fight Lemieux was a PR stunt. It was meant to be rejected so that Ward could tell everybody ... "See ... li'l g won't fight me"

Comment

Originally posted by kafkod View Post
      He was willing to fight Ward, but Ward wasn't ready for him back then and probably couldn't have made 168 anyway.

The offer Roc sent after GGG had signed to fight Lemieux was a PR stunt. It was meant to be rejected so that Ward could tell everybody ... "See ... li'l g won't fight me"
      you're wasting your time trying to explain the Ward situation to those idiots, because they like to deny facts that dont support their narrative. And even if GGG had accepted that sucker deal back then, the fight STILL wouldnt have happened yet lol

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
        He was willing to move up for Chavez Jr. before accomplishing that goal. Try a new excuse.
        Ok dumb azz show me where negotiations took place or where the fights actually had a chance of being made?
        You Floyd fanboys are so ignorant. Where is the proof that ward actually wanted to fight GGG!? Where!? Because he said it in an interview? Keep swallowing it all up **** .

Comment

Originally posted by Chuckguy View Post
          Ok dumb azz show me where negotiations took place or where the fights actually had a chance of being made?
          You Floyd fanboys are so ignorant. Where is the proof that ward actually wanted to fight GGG!? Where!? Because he said it in an interview? Keep swallowing it all up **** .

Drop me a line when you're off the rag

Comment

Originally posted by twrx View Post
            You mean he shouldnt be willing to move up for a career payday vs a guy he whooped on during sparing for a chance to become a superstar?
            I'm all for fighters getting big paydays if they deserve it. Golovkin certainly has earned it. That said, it works both ways. I hope Canelo fights him at 160 but I won't be surprised if he doesn't and I can't say I blame him either. He's the bigger name and the more accomplished fighter. So naturally he'll pull rank during negotiations. And like so many before him, Golovkin will either sacrifice to get that big fight or he'll keep fighting his bum of the month list. And that's that.

Comment

Originally posted by IMDAZED View Post
              I'm all for fighters getting big paydays if they deserve it. Golovkin certainly has earned it. That said, it works both ways. I hope Canelo fights him at 160 but I won't be surprised if he doesn't and I can't say I blame him either. He's the bigger name and the more accomplished fighter. So naturally he'll pull rank during negotiations. And like so many before him, Golovkin will either sacrifice to get that big fight or he'll keep fighting his bum of the month list. And that's that.
              if he isnt willing to concede, his fanatics better be prepared to defend a slew of bums of the month types aka mandatories

Comment

Mccallum had a bunch of big fights.. The fought fought toney 2 times for the middleweight crown and that was after having a fantastic run at 154...

He may have not landed the monster fights vs any of the fab 4, but he did land a lot of significant fights.. Ggg can't say the same

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                  Mccallum had a bunch of big fights.. The fought fought toney 2 times for the middleweight crown and that was after having a fantastic run at 154...

He may have not landed the monster fights vs any of the fab 4, but he did land a lot of significant fights.. Ggg can't say the same
                  He was avoided by big names until he was past prime....in the 80s he was all risk and no reward to the stars

He fought Jones, Toney, well into his 30s and Jones was in his 3rd division

he was ducked too but didnt make excuses to fight crap mandatories and no names

Comment

Floyd fanboys out hard today i see.

Comment

• Al Haymon invited team lil g to his vast garden of potential opponents
                      and they ran straight to the cherry tree and plucked Wade from it.
                      That is all we need to know.

Comment

Working...
                      X