No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Lemieux Interested in Canelo Fight - But NO Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by aboutfkntime View Post
    I'm not sure if you understand about styles ?

Firstly, Matthyse is over-rated, on this site anyway..... and his style, played into Provodnikov's game more than other guys do.

Go watch the Herrera/Provodnikov fight.
    So are you saying that Herrera is good but Provodnikov is bad? That was a controversial decision! I don't know who you think is good! To you, Bradley sucks, Provodnikov sucks, Mathysse sucks...As far as anyone can tell, you think everyone sucks! Who is good to you? There's gotta be levels of good...Provodnikov is definitely a B- fighter...good enough to compete, not good enough to win it all. Why even watch boxing if you're never satisfied?

Comment

• Originally posted by JUNIABOY View Post
      1) Right back at ya. Nobody cares about your opinion too. What makes your opinion that much more meaningful than my opinion?. Canelo is definitely not doing what Manny did...Manny didn't campaign at a specific CW, & he practically cleaned out the WW division while waiting for FMJ. You are reaching on this.
      2) Catch weights were invented specifically so 2 champions from different weight classes can meet in the middle. You can do whatever you want with that bit of info. But, in reality, that's the only 1 reason why any CW should be used. Again, f#ck Caneloweight. You say Pacquiao dragged the little guys up & pulled the big guys down, I disagree. He fought guys closer to their prime weight, except DLH (who chose the CW) & Cotto (who truly desired the big payday no matter what). There isn't even a single time Pacquiao pulled a big fighter down. Margarito wasn't campaigning at 154...a year before, he was fighting at WW. & in his prime, he was a WW. Pacquiao gave him a break by not draining him down all the way to 147. And the guy looked huge in the ring in comparison to Pacquiao. You're grasping at straws if you think Pacquiao was doing something wrong with CW's. I don't agree with those CW's, but he did nothing wrong when he was using the CW to allow boxers to be closer to their prime (or draining himself to make the fight more even). He literally was a lightweight beating up on WW's...that's why he won fighter of the decade.
      3) Are you trying to say that no one should ever fight anyone with a belt because they're the A-side? Is that what you're trying to imply? You do realize who you're trying to debate with, right? I will always maintain this stance: sport before boxer. The boxer had to acquire the belts before they could make the big paydays. Even Canelo is no stranger to this. If GGG is the MW champion, then everyone else at MW should be pursuing him to become champion. This has nothing to do with who said what, who did what, or whatever...you're trying to spin it like I'm some blind GGG fanboy...I'm not...that's why your arguments are so terrible. Sport before boxer. Champion vs Contender...until the end of the world. That's the way boxing works...that's the way it will always work. Deal.
      4) Ward? Lara? Mora? Everyone get in line. There's an undisputed champion coming your way. And Ward blocked the fight from happening by signing that contract with HBO. Lara could have done more to secure that fight. I mean, Lara's last 3 fights were against 3 journeyman north of 35-years-old, & a rematch that was 4 years too late. I'm sure that's totally a guy who wants a challenge (or did I mean payday?). Mora is the only one who actually tried to do something about that & went up to 160...& was exposed by Brian f#ckin Vera...then later on KO'd by Jacobs. The same Jacobs who needs tune-ups before fighting GGG. You see what I mean? Boxers call each other out all the time. But those being called out have to be careful with their choices to maximize earning potential & legacy building. What would fighting Mora do to help GGG's legacy? All these guys just need to get in line. GGG only has a few more years left in his prime. Like I said before, enjoy the ride.

Anyone who defends manny-weight, or gennady-weight, but then bashes canelo-weight..... is nothing but a fanboy gimp!

i will leave it there, I was right not to take you seriously.

Just how badly did your original account get owned ?

Comment

So are you saying that Herrera is good but Provodnikov is bad? That was a controversial decision! I don't know who you think is good! To you, Bradley sucks, Provodnikov sucks, Mathysse sucks...As far as anyone can tell, you think everyone sucks! Who is good to you? There's gotta be levels of good...Provodnikov is definitely a B- fighter...good enough to compete, not good enough to win it all. Why even watch boxing if you're never satisfied?

Nah, I never said anything like that..... I simply called Provodnikov and Matthyse over-rated.....

Pacquiao is a terrific fighter, but it is fair to say that he was also over-rated.

But what I did say..... casual fans don't know anything about styles/levels/weight.

Comment

Anyone who defends manny-weight, or gennady-weight, but then bashes canelo-weight..... is nothing but a fanboy gimp!

i will leave it there, I was right not to take you seriously.

Just how badly did your original account get owned ?
          It's like you're absolutely refusing to understand the words I wrote. You're the one who's hopeless. You're not a real boxing fan. Get outta here troll...and all the real boxing fans on here know you are a troll. Have fun being hated...

Comment

Nah, I never said anything like that..... I simply called Provodnikov and Matthyse over-rated.....

Pacquiao is a terrific fighter, but it is fair to say that he was also over-rated.

But what I did say..... casual fans don't know anything about styles/levels/weight.
            Everyone is overrated to you! You will never be satisfied, troll.

Comment

It's like you're absolutely refusing to understand the words I wrote. You're the one who's hopeless. You're not a real boxing fan. Get outta here troll...and all the real boxing fans on here know you are a troll. Have fun being hated...

I am not " refusing " to understand your words.

I understand them perfectly !

I just happen to completely disagree with them coz they're dumb !

On what planet can you run a nice convenient set of double-standards ?

Fans who defend manny-weight/gennady-weight, but then bash canelo-weight..... are ******s, plain and simple.

Regarding catchweight's, there are only 2 possible conclusions that a reasonable man could come to..... either catchweight's are acceptable, and therefore will OBVIOUSLY be abused by the A-side to disadvantage his opponent..... or, catchweight's are not acceptable, because they are completely unnecessary what with 17 divisions now available today, and should therefore be abolished immediately.....

..... but in my opinion one of those conclusions is obviously much better than the other, and BOTH are better than your conclusion..... which appears to be that your guy is great, and everyone else is a b1tch.

Comment

Everyone is overrated to you! You will never be satisfied, troll.

I didn't run around saying that Pac was the GOAT, and that he would beat Duran/Robinson/Mayweather EASY!

I am not comparing an untested middleweight to Hagler and Monzon LMAO

I did not run around stating that Matthyse was this ATG killer.

Those guys were NOT over-rated by me, they were over-rated by you guys LMAO

You got it twisted there buddy.

Comment

I am not " refusing " to understand your words.

I understand them perfectly !

I just happen to completely disagree with them coz they're dumb !

On what planet can you run a nice convenient set of double-standards ?

Fans who defend manny-weight/gennady-weight, but then bash canelo-weight..... are ******s, plain and simple.

Regarding catchweight's, there are only 2 possible conclusions that a reasonable man could come to..... either catchweight's are acceptable, and therefore will OBVIOUSLY be abused by the A-side to disadvantage his opponent..... or, catchweight's are not acceptable, because they are completely unnecessary what with 17 divisions now available today, and should therefore be abolished immediately.....

..... but in my opinion one of those conclusions is obviously much better than the other, and BOTH are better than your conclusion..... which appears to be that your guy is great, and everyone else is a b1tch.
                  Dude, you talk in absolutes. Too bad we live in a world of gray. You say (A) you're either okay with CW's, or (B) you're totally against CW's. Well, you forgot about (C)...everyone forgets about that option. Lol...did you completely forget about C? And I clearly said that it's perfectly fine if 2 champions from a different weight class meet in the middle at a CW. That's fine to me. Why do you have to set up these standards in black & white? There's always another point-of-view. I said I didn't like CW's all that much, but there are reasons why CW's are necessary, or even encouraged to make the fight more 50/50. That's what a boxing fan should be all about. That even fight where anything can happen...make the best fights possible. Are you so naive to think that sometimes 2 boxers that wanna fight can't fight unless they meet somewhere in the middle to make it a fair fight. Of course, you forgot about all that in your rage. Go & ponder the universe a bit, troll...

Let me help you. Okay, here's how the riddle goes: your 1st love & your mom both get a terminal illness...& you only have 1 bottle of the cure in your hand. Who do you choose? Your 1st love because she's the future?...or your mother, who gave you life & is irreplaceable?

Figure it out?

I'll give you another moment...

Give up?

The answer is....

Silence. The real answer is to not to answer the question at all. It's impossible to answer unless you're truly in that situation. Made you think, huh

Comment

I didn't run around saying that Pac was the GOAT, and that he would beat Duran/Robinson/Mayweather EASY!

I am not comparing an untested middleweight to Hagler and Monzon LMAO

I did not run around stating that Matthyse was this ATG killer.

Those guys were NOT over-rated by me, they were over-rated by you guys LMAO

You got it twisted there buddy.
                    You completely missed the point. What I'm saying is that all those guys you said were overrated are not actually overrated...they are rated exactly where they should be. They got that rating according to their hard work & moving up the rankings. It always gets me wondering: who do you actually think isn't overrated?...because you spew so much hate it's ridiculous, LOL.

Comment

Dude, you talk in absolutes. Too bad we live in a world of gray. You say (A) you're either okay with CW's, or (B) you're totally against CW's. Well, you forgot about (C)...everyone forgets about that option. Lol...did you completely forget about C? And I clearly said that it's perfectly fine if 2 champions from a different weight class meet in the middle at a CW. That's fine to me. Why do you have to set up these standards in black & white? There's always another point-of-view. I said I didn't like CW's all that much, but there are reasons why CW's are necessary, or even encouraged to make the fight more 50/50. That's what a boxing fan should be all about. That even fight where anything can happen...make the best fights possible. Are you so naive to think that sometimes 2 boxers that wanna fight can't fight unless they meet somewhere in the middle to make it a fair fight. Of course, you forgot about all that in your rage. Go & ponder the universe a bit, troll...

Let me help you. Okay, here's how the riddle goes: your 1st love & your mom both get a terminal illness...& you only have 1 bottle of the cure in your hand. Who do you choose? Your 1st love because she's the future?...or your mother, who gave you life & is irreplaceable?

Figure it out?

I'll give you another moment...

Give up?

The answer is....

Silence. The real answer is to not to answer the question at all. It's impossible to answer unless you're truly in that situation. Made you think, huh

Bull****, grow up..... the issue is black n white.

Either you have double-standards, or you don't.

manny-weight and gennady-weight, are exactly the same as canelo-weight....... unless you happen to be a dishonest clown who is madly in love with manny/gennady.

Grow up !

Comment

Working...
                      X