Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joseph Parker's Power is Overrated, I'd Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Whyte's incredibly average looking and has a shit resume to boot. I really struggle to see what anyone else sees in him. The lazy fcuker can't even bother to get into shape. Every single fight I've seen him in he's been carrying a spare tire and just plods round the ring throwing a jab and sloppy right hand and getting tagged by anyone who throws a few punches back. No real nuance to his game at all. He shows some nice composure when fighting overmatched guys, but against Joshua he completely fell apart, mentally and physically. It's clear he has a very limited ceiling and will never be more than a heavy handed brawler in the Arreola vein.

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
      I don't rate him on the elite level

Parker was suppose to walk over him
      No he wasn't. Many people, Parker fans included, predicted this would be a legit test and a genuine 50 50 fight.

Takam isn't on the elite level (if you count that as including the likes of Ortiz, Povetkin, Wilder, etc) but he's a damn sight better than Whyte, who's barely even B class.

Comment

He stood toe to toe with Povetkin and IMO Povetkin won probably because of the Meldonium.

Comment

Tbf you are more overrated than Parker is.
          At least he proved himself above and beyond domestic level you're just hyped to **** for landing one shot against a novice.

Comment

I think Whyte proved he has a lot of natural assets (iron chin, heart and power) in the Joshua fight but he learnt the hard way he needs better skills. He has Johnathon Banks in the corner now which bodes well. Maybe he could beat Parker in the future but not without learning a bit more first.

Comment

I think Whyte should probably shut his fat mouth. The dudes claim to fame is suffering a savage beatdown by a novice AJ.
              Watch Whyte vs Minto and you will see how his skills are compared to other HWs. He's got a good chin and good power but that's all.

Comment

Please stop with they "he got into his head" excuse

Whyte used a lot of head and lateral movement. he didnt stand infront of Jousa like a big stiff. He came from angles.

The problem with Whyte, he was out of shape, fat and unable to take advantage when he hurt Jousha, then he eventually got tired.

I watched that fight back the other day, it wasnt Joushas power, it was Whyte being totally gassed.

If they have a rematch, i hope it is a few years from now, Whyte needs to get into better shape. He has potential

Jousha is a big stiff and likes his opponents to stand infront of him and fight in straight lines
                Biggest load of rubbish I ever heard.

Comment

Originally posted by HIGHNESS View Post
                  He stood toe to toe with Povetkin and IMO Povetkin won probably because of the Meldonium.
                  A cruiserweight stood toe to toe with Povetkin and almost won.

Comment

Who, with any credibility, expected Parker to walk all over Takam?

Comment

Whyte's calling card is a loss where he didn't even bother to show up in shape.

Why is anyone taking him seriously?

Comment

Working...
                      X