Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Whyte: Joseph Parker's Power is Overrated, I'd Knock Him Out!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

actually he would have a good chance against Parker. He's the only one to last more than 3 rounds against Joshua. Iron chin Kevin Johnson was dropped twice in the first

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
      Whyte got in AJ's head which lead to him needing that second wind after taking a few shots but more importantly rushing and throwing a lot.

However Whyte isn't very good at all. Maybe his shoulder injury didn't help but he looks so stiff on pads.
      AJ would fight smarter next time.Aj hadn't gone over 3 rounds...so going 7 in boxing is like running a half mile then running 2 miles....its hard if you do that,which why boxers are trained and tried to pick opponents that can last.Not many are going to do that with AJ for obvious reasons,hes basically learning in short spurts...via mike Tyson...1 round to 3 round k.os unless he lets them slide. Whyte is decent and can certainly take a shot and give one,theres something to work with but we will have to see against other guys.
      Last edited by juggernaut666; 05-22-2016, 06:58 PM.

Comment

Whyte's awful on the eye test and completely untested, unless you take the Joshua beatdown as a learning fight. He carries a bit of power, but that's nothing special in today's division, where it seems half the top ten are monstrous power punchers.

Saying that, I wouldn't mind seeing the fight just to gauge where Parker stands in relation to Joshua. I suspect he's a rung below him at present, but with learning fights he could become a match for Joshua sometime down the line.

Comment

I' favor Whyte to beat him

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
            I' favor Whyte to beat him
            Based on what?

Comment

Originally posted by PensionKiller View Post
              Whyte got in AJ's head which lead to him needing that second wind after taking a few shots but more importantly rushing and throwing a lot.

However Whyte isn't very good at all. Maybe his shoulder injury didn't help but he looks so stiff on pads.
              Please stop with they "he got into his head" excuse

Whyte used a lot of head and lateral movement. he didnt stand infront of Jousa like a big stiff. He came from angles.

The problem with Whyte, he was out of shape, fat and unable to take advantage when he hurt Jousha, then he eventually got tired.

I watched that fight back the other day, it wasnt Joushas power, it was Whyte being totally gassed.

If they have a rematch, i hope it is a few years from now, Whyte needs to get into better shape. He has potential

Jousha is a big stiff and likes his opponents to stand infront of him and fight in straight lines

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                Based on what?
                Based on me not rating Parker whatsoever

Whyte and him look on the same level to me, only i think Whyte hits harder

I'd pick Ortiz to beat Whyte and Parker

Comment

Originally posted by FrankieBruno View Post
                  Based on me not rating Parker whatsoever

Whyte and him look on the same level to me, only i think Whyte hits harder

I'd pick Ortiz to beat Whyte and Parker
                  So I guess you don't rate Takam either?

Comment

I don't think Whyte as technically gifted as Takam as I also think he would be wrong in looking at that fight Parker had with Takam and thinking he could do exactly what Takam did.

Most people would have been KOed with the continuation of being hit but its obvious Takam has a good chin on him, Whyte would need to box smart or he'd get blitzed apart with the speed difference and overall more crisper shots.

People also need to realize Takam is a damn good fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by WTF Huck! View Post
                      So I guess you don't rate Takam either?
                      I don't rate him on the elite level

Parker was suppose to walk over him

Comment

Working...
                      X